Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mishra's Legacy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
VsTheWorld

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question: if Mishra is the cornerstone of this deck, is there any particular reason you are only playing 3 copies? Or did you already test with 4 and decide that 3 was better?
Shagrath

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: ..... Reply with quote

Your draw engine isn´t good enough and u only play with 3 mishra's . So it doesn´t look viable imo.
FusionFire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Academy ruins.........thats such an obvious choice why is it not in here
JonPatton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should take more advantage of Mishra's ability to make all your artifacts uncounterable (when you play one, he puts the copy into play -- the copy comes in first, BTW). I think if there was something totally rediculous to do with the man in T2, they wouldn't have printed him. I would start looking in extended and legacy . . . for artifacts that do fun and broken things in muliples . . . that are maybe hard to resolve.

You're right about one thing, though: Baubles are amazing with Mishra. Mmmmm, that's good deck thinning.

I also happen to think that certain Jester items are really, really good when you bring them out in multiples. Ten cards off their library that you can counter copies of, for 3 colorless? Yup, sounds good. Oh, and Mishra blocks while you're milling. If you can find a way to return things to your hand and do it again, that's even better.

Honestly, though, I think decks built around Mishra, like decks build around most of the other planeswalkers, are going to be mainly casual. Tefari has the most broken effect in T2, since he's the hands-down trump in any Blue-based control mirror match. I see EOT shenanigans wit people playing their Tefaris in response to one another.

And yeah, accademy ruins, dude.
DRINKALCOHOL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phyrexian/Forysian Totem:
-Adds mana
-Is creature

Why is there no tron?

You have 7 colored spells. I don't see how having tron could hurt at all.

Edit: Academy ruins
floodstorm64

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Triskelavus? You should play something instead of 4 phyrexian hulk.
FusionFire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, you need a few things to help you out, i've tested your version and made some changes.

Serrated Arrows: people forget its not -1/-1 till EOT, its a permenant counter, and with Academy Ruins its reoccuring.

Terrion: Helps mana fix

Urza Lands: You dont need the other lands minus the islands and BR signets.

Compulsive Research/Ancestral Vision: This over telling time. 4 cards vrs looking at 3 and getting two is much better even if it is a 4 turn delay. Im testing Compulsive research for digging for Urza land right now

Now the tech card:

Greater Gargadon: you can speed his release from the suspend using the used artifacts and chump blockers. And hes another win condition.
Quetzilla

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triskelavus >>> Phyrexian Hulk

I would also suggest the Ur golem's eye to help ramp up mana
floodstorm64

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 Quetzilla !
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2