Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue White Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Saga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Blue White Control Reply with quote

//NAME: Blue White control
// Lands
3 Urza's Factory
1 Plains
1 Prahv, Spires of Order
6 Island
2 Flagstones of Trokair
4 Azorius Chancery
4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Hallowed Fountain
3 Azorius Signet
// Creatures
2 Akroma, Angel of Wrath
2 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
2 Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
4 Court Hussar
// Spells
4 Think Twice
4 Condemn
4 Cancel
3 Mana Leak
3 Repeal
4 Remand
// Sideboard
SB: 3 Spell Snare
SB: 1 Remove Soul
SB: 3 Dandân
SB: 1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
SB: 3 Wrath of God
SB: 4 Disenchant

I've been playing this build and doing a lot of tweaking. The deck definitely has great potential for the metagame. The main difference between this and the 2nd place w/u from the trial are that i switched the 4 maindeck wraths for the 4 legendary creatures. It seems that the metagame is primarily control and teferi especially crushes other control decks. Also with 3 repeals and 4 condemns i can usually keep the board clear. I still need help with the sideboard and mana base.

Any comments, suggestions, deck strategy advice, please feel free to share.
Thorns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try Windreaver? He's not as bad as he looks. Also, Deep Sea Kraken is pretty awsome and your deck can definately support it.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: uw Reply with quote

i've been playing uw for about 8 matches and its pretty decent. You have to play wrath of god no exceptions.. also my mvp as of today is sacred mesa... ive won games with lands and sacred mesa on many occasions.. i like phrav in your deck though i forgot about that thing for my build. i use the storage counter lands and they are redic against other decks with counterspells when your trying to resolve a threat. i also believe think twice is pretty bad because you cant find Anything with it quick enough when you are in a bind aka you need a wrath against gr/rw/ug/bg etc etc.. careful consideration/tidings/compulsive are probably better against most things.teferi is good but i mean what are you pressuring them with mainphase? i think he is better used when you have stuff to pressure your opponent with (aka creatures!!!!) and resolving stuff is actually something yuo do on a regular basis...
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 factories seems like 2 too to many
Wither

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need only like 2 factories and Sacred Mesa is a game winner. Whispers of the muse is good as well. Trickbind needs to be in Sideboard for Renewal.dec and Dragonstorm. Also disenchants and Teferi's moats have been doing well against aggro.
SeTZeR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my list Wink

// Lands
4 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
4 [IA] Adarkar Wastes
4 [UNH] Island
4 [DIS] Azorius Chancery
2 [UNH] Plains
3 [TSP] Flagstones of Trokair
1 [TSP] Urza's Factory

// Creatures
2 [DIS] Windreaver
2 [TSB] Akroma, Angel of Wrath
2 [TSP] Deep-Sea Kraken

// Spells
4 [RAV] Remand
4 [CS] Rune Snag
4 [PT] Wrath of God
4 [DIS] Condemn
3 [RAV] Compulsive Research
3 [GP] Repeal
3 [TSP] Ancestral Vision
4 [TSP] Cancel
3 [MI] Sacred Mesa

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [US] Rewind
SB: 3 [CS] Vanish into Memory
SB: 3 [TSP] Trickbind
SB: 3 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 [IN] Teferi's Moat
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1