Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judges in Minis

Goto page Previous  1, 2

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Should Judges be allowed to play in their own Tournament?
Yes
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

TD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be nice if you guys actually rememembered that, you know, the judges here on Magic-League.com are NOT being paid. Basically, their doing minis is a service to YOU. You don't like them playing in their own minis? Go make your own site or something. I know I wouldn't want to have to sit around for 3 hours a day with no compensation just to listen to 13-year olds whine at me about Magic.

Is this to say that judges shouldn't answer your questions? No. But go to #judges4you for anything that any old judge will do for, like rulings.

Last edited by TD on Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ones making them do it either. Go to bed... I don't see any 13 year olds around.
launamleto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are warned for the second or third time. Do not make posts like this.
TD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

launamleto wrote:
xXoObuffxXoO wrote:
launamleto wrote:
questions should be directed to the TC of the mini, not just directed to J4U. You have oblagations running the mini, one of which is dealing with problems that occur, not passing them off to someone else.

With all respect, no. This is not how it works. #judges4you is created for these issues.

edit: oh, and i took the trial to help out.

Buffalo its clear that you use j4u as a way to get out of making rulings and such, is that you dont know how to make rulings? do you ever rule in j4u? did you pass the test with help from a freind? your obv refusal to judge your own mini makes one wonder. judges should try to rule in there own mini as much as possbile..seems logical. If the TC only makes minis and dosent need to judge in them...then why cant anyone make a mini? why pass a judge test if supposed judge skills arnt required to run the mini...just pass off any questions or possible problems to J4U. Either buffalo is wrong, or the whole " you need to be a judge to TC " is stupid.

Judges always tell me to go to J4U, presumably because the judges who aren't busy are actually there and paying attention.
Arathomir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If judges were required to deal with all situations that come up during a tournament, each match the TC would play would either not finish in a decision or take forever. Unless a situation is major, the TC does not need to deal with situations. Just msg the TC or go to #judges4you and it will be dealt with before the end of the next round.

As for judges not playing in minis, when I was a judge I did this a lot, and it was much easier to TC. However, sitting around doing nothing and waiting for people to have problems got rather boring. I do think that if they play in them, they should make them larger, since 8 max minis fill up so quickly to begin with.
launamleto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a problem with judge behavior, e-mail nico@magic-league.com
Pete278
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

launamleto wrote:
uhh looking from the very first post, all he wanted was pairings....buff prob lost and didnt give a shit so waited for ever...as most do. Did he need to be an ass? no. He should have stfu himself and just paired, but instead he has whats known as GRAH's disease, its where you run your mouth and think your the shit on the internet, but in reality your nothing special. its disease effecting alot of judges lately... sad really Sad maybe nico can think of a cure...

As TD said, they aren't being paid. They're doing this of their own free will and can easily just stop running minis if they feel like it. How about you become a judge and not play in your own minis?
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen enough, this is falling into flame war territory. Send complaints to nico@magic-league.com. *click*
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2