Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judges in Minis

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Should Judges be allowed to play in their own Tournament?
Yes
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

RichardDWade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Judges in Minis Reply with quote

As of late, I've been having alot of trouble trying to get an answer from the tc of the mini/trial im in, because they are to busy playing in it as well. It's a real pain in the ass. Not to mention, the judges room is usually a ghost town nowadays.. What up with that? In addition, each time a judge plays in their own tourney, thats one less slot for a civilian to take...

Example:richarddwade> Pairings?
<Buffalo_Wing> stfu
<Buffalo_Wing> stop pming me
<richarddwade> Well.. why cant you just answer for once, and let me know..
<Buffalo_Wing> cause
<richarddwade> then ill leave you alone
<richarddwade> simple as that
<Buffalo_Wing> i have other fucking things to do
<Buffalo_Wing> other than answer you
<Buffalo_Wing> like
<richarddwade> Than be a tc?
<Buffalo_Wing> deal with judge issues
<Buffalo_Wing> pair
<Buffalo_Wing> many tcs don't allow pms.
<richarddwade> exactly.. judge issues
<Buffalo_Wing> #judges4you
<Buffalo_Wing> if you have
<Buffalo_Wing> any issues
<Buffalo_Wing> NOT MY PM
<richarddwade> and they told me to contact you.. pv and others
<Buffalo_Wing> well
<Buffalo_Wing> tell them
<Buffalo_Wing> to gtfo
<Buffalo_Wing> pv's brazilian
<Buffalo_Wing> you can't listen to him

Is that how judges are supposed to be? Sad

Last edited by RichardDWade on Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm sure a lot of people are going to run tournements they can't play in and then sit there and answer questions. [/sarcasm]
Please realize how bad this question is.
launamleto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for J4U, some judges dont wanna take a stab a question they might get wrong etc, judges in there own minis is only bad when they start to rule on there own match, stall, or make outragous claims. Also when a judge loses round 1, its a pain in the ass to get them to confirm rounds/pair, etc.
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richarddwade made multiple pms to me in the middle of a round I was playing in. Multiple times, I told him to go to #judges4you and get them to deal with the issues. In addition, I, and every other judge ever, makes minis primarily to play in themselves. If you make it so judges can't play in their own minis, I simply won't make as much.
[20:52:34] <richarddwade> Thrill house is mia.. for a while now
[20:54:58] <richarddwade> and now he just disc.
[20:55:46] <richarddwade> HELLO?
[20:57:08] <richarddwade> Dude
[20:57:56] <Buffalo_Wing> #judges4you
[20:59:24] <richarddwade> and...
[21:02:50] <Buffalo_Wing> ?
[21:03:01] <richarddwade> why did you tell me to go to judges
[21:03:08] <Buffalo_Wing> for issues.
[21:03:11] <Buffalo_Wing> that's where you go.
[21:03:13] <richarddwade> and why arent you responding to my question.. well im there
[21:04:05] <Buffalo_Wing> i can't
[21:04:08] <Buffalo_Wing> i'm playing.
[21:04:15] <richarddwade> arent you tc?
[21:05:53] <Buffalo_Wing> yes.
[21:06:07] <richarddwade> and you dont have time to answer questions about trial?
[21:07:05] <Buffalo_Wing> yes.
etc.
Draconis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: agreed Reply with quote

i agree with wing wholeheartedly. You wont have a mini to play in if judges arnt aloud to play in there own minis.
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For minis, I'd say you must allow judges to play or as Draconis simply stated, "You won't have a mini to play in." Minis are on a smaller scale and are very easy to handle, few problems should occur. However, for trials, I've bounced back and forth with my opinion. For a month or two in January and February I TCed a huge number of trials, most of which I did not participate in. It's far easier to run a trial when you are not playing in it, but sometimes when we're stressed for TCs on certain dates and the judge wants to play, it's fine to let them play. There are judges capable of playing and hosting the trials at the same time, which is very good for us and them.

But at the top of the magic-league ladder, masters are no joke. The master TC should not participate in the master, it's stressful enough as is to run the master without playing.
SOAD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone lock this, dude, if Bwing got angry was for one simple reason. You neded to go to J4U instead of bothering him in the middle of a game.
launamleto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

questions should be directed to the TC of the mini, not just directed to J4U. You have oblagations running the mini, one of which is dealing with problems that occur, not passing them off to someone else.
Spyx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you only need to contact the tc for problems with reporting.
The rest can be handled in j4u.
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

launamleto wrote:
questions should be directed to the TC of the mini, not just directed to J4U. You have oblagations running the mini, one of which is dealing with problems that occur, not passing them off to someone else.

With all respect, no. This is not how it works. #judges4you is created for these issues.

edit: oh, and i took the trial to help out.
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerrardfo wrote:
For minis, I'd say you must allow judges to play or as Draconis simply stated, "You won't have a mini to play in." Minis are on a smaller scale and are very easy to handle, few problems should occur. However, for trials, I've bounced back and forth with my opinion. For a month or two in January and February I TCed a huge number of trials, most of which I did not participate in. It's far easier to run a trial when you are not playing in it, but sometimes when we're stressed for TCs on certain dates and the judge wants to play, it's fine to let them play. There are judges capable of playing and hosting the trials at the same time, which is very good for us and them.

But at the top of the magic-league ladder, masters are no joke. The master TC should not participate in the master, it's stressful enough as is to run the master without playing.

Thank you. But would other judges care to elaborate? Who does one contact with questions concerning a tourney? I was POSITIVE it was TC.
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOAD wrote:
Someone lock this, dude, if Bwing got angry was for one simple reason. You neded to go to J4U instead of bothering him in the middle of a game.

You just made the most stupid post ever. Evil or Very Mad

And SOAD, no offense, but read the whole thing before making an ignorant comment such as this. If the TC is supposed to be there (not sure) than it doesnt matter if they are playing a game. They shouldnt tell someone to stfu when they won't even bother with a response...
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When all matches are confirmed and you go to the homepage, it says: Please be patient, as the TC may be dealing with issues. This usually is not a lie, and it wasn't a lie that time. You absolutely don't need to pm anyone until about 20 minutes of no pairings. SOAD is right. Also, why would I bother with a response to something that:
a) I was currently working on
and b) I'm not supposed to get PMed about.
Haro
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted No for fun cause I wanna see this happen. Then the amount of minis would drop about 90% and I would laugh so hard.

Re: RichardDWade:
Here's an easy way of looking at it. Anything you want a reply to within 3 mins of you asking, you go to judge channel. Anything that can be summed up in 1 sentence and left on the TC's pm window can be PM-ed to him.

For example, rules questions, questions for mirc, how to play, etc. should be asked in the judge channel.

The following items are the issues make up around 99% of things which SHOULD be PM-ed to tc:
1) If you flip a match with opponent and the results of the flip.
2) If someone from judge channel tells you to PM TC new sec code.
3) If the match was reported wrong, somehow, either by you or your opponent.

All other issues can be handled by the #judges4you and co.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advertise yourself elsewhere.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2