Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could someone ever so kindly explain this to me....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
launamleto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Could someone ever so kindly explain this to me.... Reply with quote

http://www.magic-league.com/tournament/info.php?id=23540

I was told that you cant have more then 1 active account in ML, i even went and asked some judges today who all confirmed this...:

Username of TC GRAH
Chatroom nick of TC Spliff

Now i will wait for GRAH to come flame me or w/e then close the topic, but until that point, can some clarify for me and the rest of the judges who are under the impression that mutlti accounting isnt allowed. Werent people banned for mutli accounting?....makes one wonder if this policy is true.
Splunge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! GRAH and Spliff are the same person... Does that mean I've been having a threesome all this time?
Taoofss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can change your name in irc, like you for instance, could choose the nickname assmonkey.
launamleto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRAH wrote:
OH NOES I WAS CAUGHT MULTINICKING WHATEVER SHALL I DOOOOOOOO?!!?!?!?!!?!!11111ONE

both accounts are active and playing, yet when pollo was banned before, one of the reasons for mutli accounting....explain? or am i and other judges missinformed on the rule. Since GRAH has no idea what so ever or he would have stated otherwise, how about someone whos ego allowed them to type properly? I really dont care if GRAH is, its more or less the point, people get banned for multi accounting but a judge has no problem? someone clarify...cause GRAH cant. Oh and for some reason i dont buy the whole passing off minis thing either.

Last edited by launamleto on Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
st4x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

multi nicking inst the same as multi acounts u reets.
Pete278
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, if it is multinicking, its impersonation, as both GRAH and Spliff are active accounts.
Tidus-
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go into your profile u can change ure nick that is your account.

so as somebody above said u can change ure profile name to assmonkey and that wud be the nick registered with ure account.

You can also have different names in mirc than u do on site
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is irrational. The only reason it shows two nicks is because one TC passed the mini off to another judge because he most likely had to go -OR- GRAH took over the mini because it was left behind. In either scenario, the mini exchanged hands from one person to another, and the site doesn't check again for chatroom nick multiple times (or at least not always).
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you but I think I'll change my irc name to assmonkey
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey pollo was a judge does that chanhe ur arguments?
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kikimikejiki wrote:

so is GRAH?
launamleto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus13 wrote:
If you go into your profile u can change ure nick that is your account.

so as somebody above said u can change ure profile name to assmonkey and that wud be the nick registered with ure account.

You can also have different names in mirc than u do on site

I think that 99% of you people are missing the point, its not multi nicking, its multi accounting...2 different names on site, with 2 different ratings. Look it up next time before posting the same thing everyone else does. And since Tidus, another judge, has no clue, i suggest you either understand whats beind said before posting or dont post at all. In regards to Gerrardfo, its hardly irrational. Thank you for the semi explantion that i discounted earlier...weren't there rumors about GRAH having mutliple accounts?
TD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerrardfo wrote:
This is irrational. The only reason it shows two nicks is because one TC passed the mini off to another judge because he most likely had to go -OR- GRAH took over the mini because it was left behind. In either scenario, the mini exchanged hands from one person to another, and the site doesn't check again for chatroom nick multiple times (or at least not always).

I've never seen that happen before. And GRAH is not denying that he is in fact Spliff; in fact, his first post was to make light of it. If he was not Spliff he would have, presumably, said so. Also, it is somewhat disappointing behavior from a judge to see them post in all caps in a thread for some reason other than "Stop this nonsense".

I was under the impression that you were not allowed to have multiple accounts; was I mistaken in that belief?
launamleto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kikimikejiki wrote:

Pollo was banned, and one of the reasons was for multi nicking...it dosent change my argument, it is the base of it. Not a whole lot of people like/liked Pollo that i know of, and GRAH is a ML op, how ever that happened i will never know. Gernerally people with oversized ego + big mouth they like to run on the net = bad in charge. Look at how many times he banned PureControl the other day on the basis that he just didnt like him. Other ops kept unbanning him, but GRAH kept banning...anyways...this isnt about that but about the multi accounting. GRAH also admits to it in some logs, through its very sarcastic and logs can easily be edited so they have little to no value .
launamleto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRAH wrote:
Alright, here's the deal: A glitch in the onsite TC scripting makes it so that the site doesn't check for the chatroom nick of the new TC when you pass a mini. In this case, Spliff abandoned his mini or just had to leave, and I remotely took it over and confirmed it.

How did you even find that, anyway? Were you just looking through minis I've TCed to try to find something? Me being Spliff makes very little sense. I don't particularly care if you have some sort of vendetta, but at least try a little harder.

GRAH you'r not that important to anyone, so get over yourself. And its been around all day, im the only one to question it. But i do have to agree with TD, you would think a ML op/judge wouldnt act like a 5 yr old when responding to a topic that deals with them. And nico, its not hard to mask ips, you of all people should know this -.- But i do suggest that anyone whos a ML op have the maturity to be one. not someone who bans people out of spite Smile gg ladies. feel free to lock the topic, now that i have the answers i expected to get...as usual :/
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2