Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Survival elf Staff

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks

What do you think of this deck?
It Rocks
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
At least an elf deck
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Throw it away
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Burn it
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Badest Deck ever
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Nikolas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Survival elf Staff Reply with quote

Lands:
1 Forest
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Stomping Ground
4 Taiga
4 Gaea's Cradle
4 Wirewood Lodge

Creatures:
4 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 Anger
1 Viridian Zealot
2 Wirewood Hivemaster
1 Stonewood Invoker
4 Birchlore Rangers
1 Elvish Champion
4 Quirion Ranger
4 Priest of Titania
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Wirewood Symbiote
Spells:
4 Survival of the Fittest
4 Staff of Domination

This deck is in an elf combo deck.
Priest or Roffoloes + Staff of domination(when one of those creatures makes 5 mana endless mana, endless draw, endeless life, endless tap or untap creature Wink. Theres not allot to say about this i saw it already here on the site some time ago.

Elves+ Survival is a bit trickier but not less effective, put anger in grave get priest of titatnia, play priest, get sylvan messenger, play sylvan messenger, you normally get 1-3 creatures. Depending on mana titania produces there are different ways to go on. Maybe get another titania for more mana, then get wirewood symbiote untap titania return sylvan..... Play as soon you have enough mana one or two wirewood hivemaster. Later your elvish champion attack gG.

Without one of those 8 combo cards just play the deck its also an weenie but its not the strongest one. If you get a simbiot and a Messenger it becomes ways stronger(dont forget to return also in enemys turn so you play messegner 2 times each round), with hivemaster its also ok. But normally you draw quick one combo if you dont have it on hand.

I didnt played it very long but it did good. Maybe some ideas about single matchups, i think vs Humilty i could gain some problems. I also dunno if i should play defense grid. Until know i have no sideboard.

My stats till know:

2:0 Threshold
I knew he countered alot of cards but finally i get the combo out with 6 lifes(i had staff of domination earlier out so i could tap his creatures i had the board but the combo didnt go of)

Second game he sided meddling mage and played him second round naming staff of domination, i played second round survival of the fittest, in third round i didnt had enough mana to go completely of. In fourth round he gave up.

1:1 Vs Ichorid deck
First game i lost he killed me 1 turn before my combo would go of.
Second game i won by comboing in third round.(survival) then he left.

Vs random aggro/zoo decks
I usally can get survial combo easie out. i just wait to play priest at the right time when survival is out and anger in grave cause he will normally kill priest anyway dunno the stats. But i won most of them.
What do you think? Tell me some ideas about it, i saw vs the threshold deck that i had luck to gain my survival//staff out maybe some things vs counter decks and what to do vs humility maybe something for main. Thx to all c ya

Sry for my bad english

Last edited by Nikolas on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
the_guy_123

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Badest" is not a word, the correct grammar would be "worse".

Edt: Lv1=Bad Lv2=Worse Lv3=Worst
DeadLions

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't gaea's cradle um, banned in legacy. Yeah, i'm pretty sure it is, along with crop rotation and tolarian academy.
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goblins kill you pyrocalsm kills you

vodka
Colossus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadLions wrote:
Isn't gaea's cradle um, banned in legacy. Yeah, i'm pretty sure it is, along with crop rotation and tolarian academy.

I don't think Gaea's Cradle is banned.

*edit*

yeah, I'm sure of it:

DCI Banned List wrote:

Dream Halls
Earthcraft
Entomb
Falling Star
Fastbond
Frantic Search
Goblin Recruiter
Grim Monolith
Gush
Hermit Druid
Illusionary Mask
Imperial Seal
Jeweled Bird
Land Tax
Library of Alexandria
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

City of Solitude> Defence Grid.
KevinJonas

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_guy_123 wrote:
"Badest" is not a word, the correct grammar would be "worse".

Edt: Lv1=Bad Lv2=Worse Lv3=Worst

lol

that would not be the correct grammar. that was one of the "worst" posts i've seen.

jk haha luv u man1!
Super_Prep

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mind game kill you, mind game kills you

mind game
illusion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a way to get Survival / Staff fast, I recommend Intuition and Stroke of Genius (Intuition gets the card u need, and Stroke just makes u draw an insane amount of card considering u can produce alot of mana).

Also, once your combo goes off... u can draw Stroke of Genius and deck your opponent, if he counters it or plays misdirection, u can respond and just draw more cards with staff until u get another stroke.
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
until u get another stroke.

I'm sorry, but that begged to be quoted. And that is the extent of my legacy knowledge.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1