Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Headbutt Heard Around the World...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
MaximilianoX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: The Headbutt Heard Around the World... Reply with quote

What Do You Think About the Zindane-WC Final Incident???

Alledgely, Materazzi(In Blue) called Zidane(In White) a Terrorist and Insulted his Sister.

If you still haven't heard about it Click Here.

All Comments are Welcome

Last edited by MaximilianoX on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
kamikaze112

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgrace to the world cup plain and simple
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Materazzi is known to be a "bad guy" here in Italy. However, insults (and kicks) among players are more common than people use to think. It's part of the game about making your opponent nervous. Zidane knows that very well, being the great champion he is. However, he litterally lost his mind: a thing such the one he has done is simply unacceptable, at ANY level, in ANY sport, even more during a cup final, from a pro like him.
SteveOB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zidane is awesome....I mean he knew the penalty and accepted it...he even encouraged the official.....Although he should ahve still been able to play by fifa rules....no one actaully saw it...official wise...until it was replayed in the stadium. Anyway obviously its unacceptable and he recieved proper consequences...but DID you see that hit the ground...he destroyed him...
Klawz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italy was the better team, but France had a chance before Zidane's egregious foul. After watching the Italians play against Germany, how could any 'great' player put his team a man down with time on the clock against THAT team? Though Italy didn't win in that time, Zidane's absence was still felt in the Penalty Kicks. Buffon didn't stop one ball in the session, but they won because of a crossbar block.... Had Zidane been on the pitch at the end of play, would he have hit the crossbar? Had it gone to sudden death both teams would, I believe, have once again been on equal footing. If I were an Italian, I would have been upset with Zidane; If I were a Frenchman, I would have been furious with Zidane.
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was an insult to soccer theres nothing to explain doing this theres no reason he single handidly handed the championship to italy where it couldve beeen a lot closer
Squirrelmob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zidane was disgraceful, yes, but I have friends who now give him "badass points".

I personally think that not only was it unsporting and cruel, but also just dumb.
sui_slush

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That headbutt was the only thing in the entire world cup worth watching. That dude is the coolest soccer player alive.
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it cool losing ur team the final?
sui_slush

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? it's soccer ffs.

EDIT: That guy owes France dick btw.
poolhustla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im just curious when soccer actually became a sport?
SteveOB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nico wrote:
Steve: the foul never was replayed on the big screens in the stadium, that is why the french fans got so aggressive towards every play the italians made afterwards.
From what the reporters on the spot think, is that the 4th official (the one that does the timekeeping, and registers substitutes) saw the foul on his monitor, after buffon allerted the linesman.
It would be the first time ever that a foul was penalized during a game with the aid of recorded material. I think that if this would be confirmed, it would set a precedent, and not a bad one at that.

Greetz Nico

Did you not watch the game.....It was replayed on the big monitors for everyone to see........the commentators were saying how dumb it was because no one will actaully know if the official really saw it or saw it on the monitor.
SteveOB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops double post...

BTW the french people they showed in Paris were applauding Zidane...and the guy that hit the crossbar still woulda been in the PK line up
Spyx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give you the zidane headbut game:
http://www.prikstok.nl/pages/showflash.php?crc=CHSAOV&showflash=flash/zidane.swf
Domine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Zidane did not lost the WC to his team... it was more Bathrez's fault (not because of the PKs)

2) Materazzi made RACIST comments and personal stuff (not just the 'ol "your mom" joke)

3) Zidane got kicked all the game, they were small annoying kicks but i bet you would've been really upset after the third (and they were more than three)

4) Even if Zidane "lost" the final for France, now they are even... remember Zidane won the 98 WC pretty much by himself, oh France still owes him the 00 European Cup..

5) the french received Zidane and his teammates as heros.. they deserve it, making all the way to the finals is really hard.. especially when you face some of the best teams on the WC (Spain, Brazil and Portugal).

Italia had a lot of luck against Australia... Ukraine was a BYE they only great game was against Germany and they hardly won that game, They played as always defensively against the spirit of football (YES IT'S FOOTBALL! not SOCCER)... France played better and deserved to win, however this game is not about deserving it... it's all about scoring goals...

Conclusion: Zidane was one of the best 5 players on the history of the game, even if he made something wrong (unacceptable but understable) he is still in the same level as Cruyff, Bekenbauer, Di Stefano, Pele, Puskas... one of the better players of history (don't say Maradonna is up there, he was not that great and he was on drugs anyways)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2