Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Card In Coldsnap

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

What color got the biggest boost from Coldsnaps release?
Red
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Blue
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
White
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Green
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Red
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All are about equal
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 45

Magx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Best card ? Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me why everyone is so down on their knees for Ohran Viper ? It's good, really good... but I don't think it's THAT good in the environnment : First... this card will at least be countered, or bounce or killed by burn... if not, it will kill an attacking or blocking creature but if that creature has a power of 3 or greater, Viper is dead too...

Maybe there is something I didn't catch... if you love that creature, why back in the day Voracious Cobra (that has first strike + the same ability of destroying... that is awesome) didn't see THAT MUCH play ?!? I think it will do the same for Viper...

anyways... for the record : I think that Sunscour even in constructed will be awesome, obviously, Adarkar Valkyrie is a bomb all formats (yes, I said all)

I think Arcum Daggsson has a potential as a "new tinker" (notice the " "), Commandeer is absolutely insane I think, Flashfreeze a must in sideboard for blue mages obviously, Perilous Research is almost insane ( I m saying that just because you would not necessarily draw the cards you need but... ) : I block, put the damage in the stack, in response I sacrifice my blocking creature and I play Perilous Research, I draw two cards, your creature is dead... my turn ? OMG

Rune Snag -> everybody talked about it
Vexing Sphinx -> wow
Deathmark-> and you thought Slay or Execute was good

and am I the only one to LOVE Krovikan Rot ?
... and Phobian Phantasm ?
Mishra,s Bauble -> Great

* I just wanted to notify that there is other insteresting cards in that set...
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow obviously soul spike is insane for black and sunscour for white ohran viper for green etc..
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The double pitch cards are BAD. You lose 3 cards, and maybe save your ass (scour), steal a spell (com.), kill one guy (spike). I see these as REALLY last ditch effort cards, when you are going to win/lose the game based on them. Other than that they scream of card disadvantage.

I don't get why everyone loves Mishras Bauble. Do you play Urzas Bauble regularly in 1.5 or Vintage? Call me crazy but I'd rather thin my deck using effective means, instead of pointless ones.

And I don't think Voracious Cobra drew a card when it hit, was one color, and had 3 toughness.
dboy1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i definately like the snag...esp in the late game when there might already be a few in the yard. at the worst its almost a mana leak. at best it makes the op pay 8 instead of 3
Aditeojr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ups and downs
slay/execute : instnat,draw a card ; 3 mana cost
deathmark....:1 mana cost, less restrictive targeting ; sorcery
Apos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magx wrote:
Can someone explain to me why everyone is so down on their knees for Ohran Viper ? It's good, really good... but I don't think it's THAT good in the environnment : First... this card will at least be countered, or bounce or killed by burn... if not, it will kill an attacking or blocking creature but if that creature has a power of 3 or greater, Viper is dead too...

its pretty simple why ..the viper will win so much games when it comes round 2 and u dont even need a second color
with those abilitys u could even make it a 3 color creature ugb ^^
but its not its fukin mono green show me a green spell in t2 that draws u cards for 3 mana

BattleofWits wrote:
I don't get why everyone loves Mishras Bauble. Do you play Urzas Bauble regularly in 1.5 or Vintage? Call me crazy but I'd rather thin my deck using effective means, instead of pointless ones.
yea soo true i dont really got it why peaple find it soo good i mean cmon in a format full of great cantrip cards remand ,repeal etc. u really dont need a crappy 0 mana deckthinner that gives u card disadvantage for 1 turn ^^
stargod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else notice that infinate mana combo?

Izzet Guildmage + Rite of Flame

just have 2 in your graveyard and poof
sex_monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trenchcoat wrote:
anyone else notice that infinate mana combo?

Izzet Guildmage + Rite of Flame

just have 2 in your graveyard and poof

I fail to see how that works.
Rolling Eyes
butcher107

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way the combo works is if you have at least two rite of flames in your graveyard when you cast the first one you get two mana straight and another two from the two in the graveyard. From this you use the Izzet Guildmage to copy the spell with two of the four mana you have then you get another 4 mana on top of the two left so a total of six and then you can keep doing this over and over until you get as much red mana as you like thats how it works
tato-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adarkar Valkyrie
Hibernation's End
Rimescale Dragon
Jester's Scepter
Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
Lovisa Coldeyes
Zur the Enchanter

thats my top7..
Lord_tiamat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the best card in the set is that 1g 5/5 trample, as long as orchards in t2 i think i'll be good its a good card for zoo, a 5/5 1d turn vs anything but tron will rule, bw plays bob's and rousalkas, stompy plays oracles the fact is almost every deck as a 2cc creature that they drop. besides if you run like fetters or pacifism they have a dud creature and you have a 5/5
Splunge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
Pilthra101 wrote:
I think that the best card in the set is that 1g 5/5 trample, as long as orchards in t2 i think i'll be good its a good card for zoo, a 5/5 1d turn vs anything but tron will rule, bw plays bob's and rousalkas, stompy plays oracles the fact is almost every deck as a 2cc creature that they drop. besides if you run like fetters or pacifism they have a dud creature and you have a 5/5

too bad that the controller of the ancient doesnt choose which creatures get counters. The ancient doesn't target, so your opponent decides. So unless the orchard spirit is their only dude, you'll have more than little spirit dorks swining at you, or a pacified beefcake staring you down.

uhh.... no. freddy, when a card states "Put", it means the controller puts whatever needs to be put. So the controller decides what creatures get the counters. And you aren't limited to all counters to one creature. You're able to put a counter on each creature(until the amount of counters has been used). Knowing your rules before commenting helps you know.
ivanmexican

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuschia gets the biggest boost!!!!!!!!'Evil or Very Mad'
ivanmexican

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and magenta too
C-Board

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rune snag is the best card, honorable mention go to ohran viper and perilous research
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4