Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW FORMAT SUGGESTED

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Would you play in a REAL LIFE Tourny using a fomat like this
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 15

FusionFire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: NEW FORMAT SUGGESTED Reply with quote

OK, late last night (early for some of you), some people who will remain nameles for respect reasons, expressed a discontent for certian decks and players......I have to agree with some of this. Therefore I wanna introduce a new format that would solve part of this problem.

Ivroy Matrix Format
Rules: (these are still in the works)

Any card that contains the text: "target creature or player" will be consiter'd to read ONLY "target creature". This eliminates the direct burn idea.

All counterspells are BANNED. If the card includes the text "counter target spell" or "counter target activated/triggered ability", it is banned. However, if it's a split card the other half is still legal.

Now realize this is a format that is NOT mandetory so don't think you guys who only play Tron or Permission are done.....its a simple format that can give people who don't want mindless decks netdecked against them 100% time, a place to play better games......

Have at it and let me know what youa ll think
Eliminator
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone gets frustrated by double Char and counterspell-counterspell-counterspell finishes, but you have to realize these are a part of the game. Your format is inherently unfair to red and blue, as you ban a piece of their pie without taking something equal away from green, black, and white.
FusionFire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

red has masive creature control/land destruction and blue has confiscate/bounce.........i don't see how its at all unfair.....if you look at the breakdown it kinda goes like this

Blue: Counter, bounce, permenant stealing, flying
Red: Direct burn, creature burn, Land Detruction: Haste
Green: Creature Pumping, Trample
Black: Hand Control, NON BLACK creature kill
White: Life gain, First Strike

BY FAR...red and blue have a huge step on the other 3, and this current t2 format proves it. Counter control and burn are way too strong right now. So this is just a format for people to go to if they want to try it out.....remember its just an option
KoClamp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are obv right because Husk, HiH, WWr, Heezy, those all suck right now.../sarcasm
FusionFire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um......its been a few trials since any of those won......its always Red and /or blue. I agree BWG are good but BR is much more powerful.....
FusionFire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure if you guys are just missing the point.....there was talk about how stuff like total permission and Flores Red.....were mindless and self playing decks.....this is a fomat where permission and direct burn are banned.....therefore the skill and the play ablility are back into the game.
Eliminator
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Permission is worse now than it was 5 years ago. If you hate the permission suite now, you would've hated it during 7th Edition type 2, where you had Counterspell, Memory Lapse, Undermine, and Absorb. Also, control and burn decks aren't mindless. For one, you have to know when to unload a counterspell or unload a burn, and who to unload a burn to (creature or player). It's very easy to beat a control deck, even when playing aggro. You just have to be smart.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh fusion, you're kind of an idiot, sorry... you left out so much, saying green only has creature pump and trample, what about regeneration, cant be target of spells/abilities, and mana ramp? forget bout those? considering sak elder is 1 of the top 3 best commons EVER printed?? white has life gain and first strike, sure, and i guess you forgot they have wrath of god, and splash with other colors to make quite a few of the most dominant cards in some of the tier 1 aggro decks right now.... then black, lol... non-black removal? um yeh last time i checked you're right, last gasp only targets non-black creatures, same for cruel edict, hideous laughter, rend flesh/spirit, etc.... should i stop now? let someone else finish this for me?
Moridin19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea is just bad. Lets all just change card text, I mean, thats how to play MTG, right?
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, funny how the best deck in t2, husk, is black/white, not red or blue.
Moridin19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and these netdecks pop up regardless. The closest thign to this format is draft. Some one wins in this format, and everyone then copies it. Oh, and cobmo decks would still work. Maga causes loss of life.
Faded

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FusionFire wrote:
red has masive creature control/land destruction and blue has confiscate/bounce.........i don't see how its at all unfair.....if you look at the breakdown it kinda goes like this

Blue: Counter, bounce, permenant stealing, flying
Red: Direct burn, creature burn, Land Detruction: Haste
Green: Creature Pumping, Trample
Black: Hand Control, NON BLACK creature kill
White: Life gain, First Strike

BY FAR...red and blue have a huge step on the other 3, and this current t2 format proves it. Counter control and burn are way too strong right now. So this is just a format for people to go to if they want to try it out.....remember its just an option

u obviously put more mechanics under red and blue to serve ur purpose so here are a few others:

Green: Mana accel, more fatties
White: color protection, white also has flying and some vigilance
Black: fear, instead of burn they have direct loss of life, like consume spirit and drain life

so as u can see. blue and red dont have the advantage in mechanics
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would play in this format just to make everyone cry at how cheesy my deck is even without counters/burn.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2