Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Match results with time called

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

how should 1-1 matches with time called be reported?
play game 3 like real DCI match and go with "first blood".
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
go to #flips and flip winner reports 2-1 match.
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

LoneWulf

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Match results with time called Reply with quote

i had an issue with the match being 1-1 and time being called while starting game 3. because my opponent won game 1 he's declared winner. when i asked why this was the case in #judges4you i was told by GRAH that it's the DCI ruling.

as a DCI judge i know this is not the case. game 3 would be played with first loss of life being the loser of game 3.

i've discussed this with WildCard and haven't gotten a final answer on my fix suggestions. the players could flip game 3 with the winner reporting as 2-1 (this would save time) or they could play it as a real DCI match would be done and go with "first blood" (this would be more like an actual DCI match).

any other suggestions?
iKe

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it's 1-1 and if time runs out before u start or if both people are at the smae life total i think flippin would be the fairest way to decide.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it's not all the TCs that make the decisions. if no one makes a logical complaint with suggested fixes for the problem then it will remain a problem. every one can complain and make suggestions and try to get things fixed. if not then nothing would ever change.
Domine

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this issue has be discussed to death... really, you complain now because you just lost to that rule, but someday you will win for that rule. This is not the place to discuss this, we the normal TCs can't do nothing, it's a M-L rule we must follow it. As far as i know the reasoning behind this is that the winner of game one won w/o sideboarding and he has the choose to play first on game 3 therefore an adventage.

i would close this thread if i could.
eaglewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaznSpecter wrote:
Yeah good luck on getting any of it past the TCs. They decide how things go here and dont care about the people who arent TCs.

actually no. I'm a j2 and still i have barely any power to make decisions. We can make suggestions, but thats it.

The only ones with the power to change league policy are the major staff, of which there are less than five. Ultimately (I think) it is up to nico or Koen to decide any policy changes.

The problem with the "first blood" rule is that is rewards a certain type of deck archetype. Things with red can just go turn one land, shock, i win the game. This too promotes stalling, because they know they have the advantage game three. I think that if the rule were to change, it should be a flip

I would be willing to bet that if it was changed to a first blood rule, then people will make threads complaining "first blood rule should be changed because it rewards agro decks"

no matter what the rule is, people will complain
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flipping rule is by far the best one as it is the only one that does reward stalling.
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. flipping rule. eagle, no one would complain about that.
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't woory. this topic has been discussed and ideas brought up. Giving the game to the game 1 winner, or Game 2 winner, or First blood (DCI), or Game 3 flip has advantages and disadvantages that may not be the sxact same but have the same impact. Just reciently because of this discussion the flip idea has come up. As for stalling goes... REPORT IS ASAP. I was reciently playing in a T1 trial and my first 2 opponents had just downloaded MWS (or so they say... I am a trusting person) even though I expected them to play slow due to the inexperience of them using the program I still reported it ASAP, I believe it was turn 2 for both opponents. I went 2-0 in both matches finishing with 20 minutes to spare each round, however if one of them had won game 1 and game 2 kept going forever i may have gotten an extention. This was not supposed to be a rant about Slow-Play... the topic of 1-1 has been brought up, and will most likely be discussed further. GOTTA GO LATERS!
Craze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally in favor of flipping timeout matches.

Quote:
This is not the place to discuss this,

Actually in fact, this is the place to discuss this. While it is a over discussed issue, thats what parts of the forums (this is the wrong part, but still) are in fact for.

Now, individual match complaints should be reported through email. Ideas and general league rules can and should be discussed/debated on the forums. Its the little voice the players have.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Craze.

i got an email from Koen that had a link to the tournament rules explaining how the 1-1 match should be reported. it's my bad for not knowing how the league ruled on this subject but it still doesnt explain why i was told in the judges channel that it was a DCI rule.

i still believe that this policy could be improved to be more like DCI but it is ultimately up to the major mods. the argument about aggro going first turn shock in game 3 "first blood" still doesnt change the way DCI handles this situation. but since this isnt DCI...

BTW i would still complain if i had won the match. just because i lost doesnt change the fact that i think it could be improved. like i said before, i had never run into this situation.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Metallica_ wrote:
this issue has be discussed to death... really, you complain now because you just lost to that rule, but someday you will win for that rule. This is not the place to discuss this, we the normal TCs can't do nothing, it's a M-L rule we must follow it. As far as i know the reasoning behind this is that the winner of game one won w/o sideboarding and he has the choose to play first on game 3 therefore an adventage.

i would close this thread if i could.

actually i did win first round of CSP sealed trial because of this rule. my opponent and i both agreed that this rule sucks. dont assume someone complains because of a loss. i complained because i dont think its a fair rule.
Laplie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't revive old topics
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1