Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

With New M-L Anti 2 Can We Expect Apprentice Masters?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Should M-L Start Making Masters With Apprentice
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 16 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 11 ]
Makes No difference
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

iKe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: With New M-L Anti 2 Can We Expect Apprentice Masters? Reply with quote

Well with the new program I don't see why we shouldn't have apprentice masters. The program is really easy to use and if it works We shoul have apprentice masters IMO.
eaglewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think hamachi has fixed the hosting problem enough? i know its not 100% effective but its has really helped the league
Void06

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mws=complicated and gay
Vimes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had major problems with MWS multiple times, whereas I have only had one problem with apprentice that was quite simple to fix.
Fools

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mws you can use wishes and bow
iKe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Hamachi seems to solve most hosting problems with apprentice and How about making only t2 masters with apprentice?
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a great idea. At least T2 and block masters can be done coz they don't have the wishes.

Also appr>>>>>>>>mws. they only advantage of mws is the wishes thing. And those who can't host are dumb because there is hamachi and even if u don't have hamachi you can always close your firewall so that you can host.
Void06

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This argument has been done so many times before, and it really boils down to this: MUCH more people use apprentice than MWS. Numbers don't lie.
Manipulation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sort of can do wishes in appr...just make a token of it.
Splunge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for Nico, Koen or etc. but I believe the reason that all masters should be done on MWS is that no matter what you say, there will always be someone who cannot host, and cannot use hamachi(like myself). This will result in me probably flipping 1/2, probably more, of my matches. If a player flips 6/7 matches, wins in each flips, then continues into Top8, flips the first two matches, than plays once at the finals, that's incredibly unfair to everyone. Since masters involve money, it's in the best interest of EVERYONE that players EARN the money, not get it by chance.

And don't bash me about not being able to host etc. Nico has told people who complain about flips that it's just the way of life, and there's no two ways about it. If you all want to send me money to buy a new computer, then do it. Until then, shut your whining traps and DEAL WITH IT. You should be thankful that Koen even bothers to give out cash prizes. You people are greedy.
eaglewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said splunge.

and yes appr >> mws

hawken > *
>.>
<.<
KrAeCkEr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that we should have Apprentice Masters but MWS isn't what I would call an ideal program either. If both players tried to affect the same permanent at the same time then it crashes. I was knocked out of Top 8 in a master because of this. However, I think a way round this is that you can run a combined Master. If both players agree to play on Apprentice then they can but if either or both disagrees it's played on MWS. This way those who prefer Apprentice get what they want and those who want MWS get what they want. It still favors MWS though.

The best solution would be in fact for someone who's smart enough out there to just complete Appentice2.
Counterlife

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KrAeCkEr wrote:
The best solution would be in fact for someone who's smart enough out there to just complete Appentice2.

Find the source code to APPRv1, and ill find someone smart enough to compile APPR2.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2