Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Word "Newb" "noob" or "n00b&quo

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Should the Word "N00b" and all it's other spellings be banned for life?
Yes, it's only used by people whose IQs are lower than my current room temperature anyway.
31%
 31%  [ 14 ]
No, We all love the word and are lost without it
42%
 42%  [ 19 ]
Meh, I dun't care very much *hic*
26%
 26%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 45

Bejeezus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intolerance is the way of the world.
You obviously can't end it. Just be against it.
Though it can be an "annoying" word that signifies intolerance, it generally is the truth.
- Bejeezus

EDIT: Also, those are very poor choices for the poll.
Celticdruid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

Thats just stupid to ban that word.

Noobs should be called the ppl who are newbies in this game, and theres nothing wrong with it.
But calling other noobs just for what they thought, its just stupid.

If the word noob should be ban then obviously the "expert" should also -.-
tfriggink314

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, I think the term "newb" and "n00b" are two completely different things. Newb, to me, is somebody that is new to the game, and asking legitimate questions that they can't find answers for, while being fairly intelligent about it. n00bs, however, are those who tend to be fairly ignorant and spam boards endlessly with meaningless drivel. I vote, keep.
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted the word sucks because it is unbelievably nerdy
TaoMatShan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHikin_wing, you play magic, and your nick is chikin_wing, you obv. some what of a nerd.
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tao, i did not choose this name, and there is a reason that i do not go by it in the chatroom
ColdBeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the time those people who use these terms are, themselves, inexperienced players at least to the degree of the people they are addressing. Use the lingo if you want, but I still think that people who use these terms are idiots more so than those who are inexperienced.

A message to thoise who speak these terms: There is no reason to be a prick to someone who is trying to learn. Do you think you are cooler than other people because you spend more time in nerdy chatrooms talking trash in an immature fashon? I think the "noobs" probably got a couple of cool points over you just for having better things to do than make fun of people for their lack of knowledge in a nerdy game such as magic.
h0m3r

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always get called a n00b when i beat someone on here at magic. although to be honest that doesn't happen very often. the winning i mean.
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightFlare wrote:
as a new prson to some things/newbie/newb/noob, i find it xtremeli insultin and ofensive that u consider the denomination ofmy status of inferioriti (yes, inferioriti,be its tmporal)a derogativ term ,and even more wehn u atempt 2 atakc its figuative meaning done towrds a person that dosnt know whats he doing( the same way retard is direted toward a dumb person ,not mentali ill) even tho it isnt in ani way an atack 2 us, u inherentli see it as one and jump and "protect us helpless puppies"

in other words i hate u all

Honestly, I think I have hit the keyboard randomly and come out with less typos.

kasUys vffiutdg k zdhkb vsbkskz

Well, nope, but stop making posts like this anyway.
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfriggink314 wrote:
personally, I think the term "newb" and "n00b" are two completely different things. Newb, to me, is somebody that is new to the game, and asking legitimate questions that they can't find answers for, while being fairly intelligent about it. n00bs, however, are those who tend to be fairly ignorant and spam boards endlessly with meaningless drivel. I vote, keep.

Hear hear!
Rebirth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdBeer wrote:
most of the time those people who use these terms are, themselves, inexperienced players at least to the degree of the people they are addressing. Use the lingo if you want, but I still think that people who use these terms are idiots more so than those who are inexperienced.

A message to thoise who speak these terms: There is no reason to be a prick to someone who is trying to learn. Do you think you are cooler than other people because you spend more time in nerdy chatrooms talking trash in an immature fashon? I think the "noobs" probably got a couple of cool points over you just for having better things to do than make fun of people for their lack of knowledge in a nerdy game such as magic.

You're post in a forum about magic politics. It doesnt get much nerdier than that.

EDT: In case you didnt catch my drift, I was trying to say STFU Newb. Grow a dick etc etc
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: The Word "Newb" "noob" or "n00b Reply with quote

Anubis_End wrote:
It is quite an annoying word, and it shows people's intolerence to someone who is new to the game but is willing to learn.
So vote now, and we can end this intolerence!

swordfish2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that we should help the newer, younger players become better. magic league helps us become better players, and those who are noobs now will become better players with time.
ColdBeer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZenthForbias wrote:
Or we could stop making idiotic threads that serve no purpose or value. WTF cares about N00b or noob or newb. ITS THE FREAKING INTERNET.

Oh yeah, i forgot that it is encouraged to always be an assho1e while you're online. Way to clarify how we all should be acting zenth. Now that we've cleared up the etiquitte issue, i'm gonna go gaybash in a homosexual chatroom. That's the kind of stuff we cool internet people do. Sad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3