Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UG Gifts Updated after a very long time

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: UG Gifts Updated after a very long time Reply with quote

So maybe you remember my UG gifts deck, from a while back well modern has changed considerably and i have got all sorts of new toys for it and come up with a new even more fun version, more suited to a very different meta)

4 noble heirarch
2 birds of paradise
2 spell snare
2 dismember
1 engineered explosives
2 mana leak
2 remand
2 logic knot
1 tarmogoyf
1 duskwatch recruiter
1 walking balista
1 snapcaster mage
2 kitchen finks
2 eternal witness
2 tireless tracker
1 vendillion clique
1 kira greater glass spinner
1 trinket mage
2 gifts ungiven
4 cryptic command
1 torrential Gearhulk

4 botanical sanctum
4 breeding pool
4 misty rainforest
2 verdant catacombs
2 scalding tarn
3 island
2 forest
1 lumbering falls
1 darksteel citadel

Sb

1 flashfreeze (burn, valakult, elves, skred control, company decks)
1 aetherize (boogles, affinity, aggro)
1 fracturing gust (affinity, boogles, mono white enchantments)
1 deglamer (tron, adnaseum, affinity, burn boggles)
1 thrun the last troll (control, grixis deaths shadow)
1 kithcen finks (Burn, removal heavy decks)
1 obstinate baloth (burn, decks lilly, eldrazi tron)
1 chalice of the void (burn, grixis delver, storm, adnaseum, elves)
2 spreading sea's (elrazi tron, tron, valakult, bw hate bear eldrazi aka the deck with the worst mana in modern.)
1 tectonic edge (tron, eldazi tron, valakult, control, decks with borad wipers for a bop)
2 Vedalken Shackles, creature based decks
1 Engineered explosives, creature based decks
1 ceremonius rejection, tron, eldrazi

Modern has slowed down a fair bit since i last played this deck, less tarmogofys as push makes it worse, tracker is amazing when unanswered and your hitting lands or even when you can resolve it and a fetchland in the same turn.

Torrential Gear Hulk is prefect for this deck, its super sweet with gifts and command.

Dismember been around for a while but it kills most the relevant threats in modren for 1 mana.

Trinket Mage, plus walking balista, mage was not quite good enough with just explosives and citadel as justifiable maindeck targets. You will be surprised at how often mage for citadel comes up as a huge play. Its walking balista which has really pushed this over the edge, it gives you reach to burn people out a way of controlling threats and makes trinket mage a great top deck, in the late game when both players resources are exhausted.

Logic Knot I wish i had thought of this as an option, at the time but i didn't. Oh well i can not be the genius behind every piece of tech.

Censor, it cycles, do you play around mana leak, censor, logic knot or what, this is the type of confusing question i like my deck to ask opponents.

Engineered explosives, with deaths shadow as a premium threat and the bonus of trinket mage now being able to fetch balista, this becomes maindeck material.

Feedback Appreciated:)

Last edited by GreenBear on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 6 times in total
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record I'm consistently going 3-2 in the competitive leagues on modo and have also managed to 4-1 just can not seem to make 5-0.

4-1 were as follows

2-1 grixis deaths shadow
2-1 uwb control
2-1 ur storm
0-2 affinity
2-1 valakult

2-1 valakult
2-1 burn
2-0 grixis deaths shadow
1-2 vengevine hollow ones deck
2-1 boggles

Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1