Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cac 378 Island

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two winners with 18/20!
First to post, first to go.

derflippi wrote:
Phyrexian Reef (Uncommon)
Land - Island
If Phyrexian Isle is tapped for mana, it produces {B} instead of any other type.
Accident, a statistical inevitability
It's original, playable and simple, you would have been lovely to tel me in what type of deck/combo you would use it.
I like it: 17/20

I would have love it like this: "When ~ is tapped for mana, it produces B instead of any other type and target land becomes an Island until your next turn".

radioactivez wrote:
http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/forgotten-isle-1

Blue creatures you control gain island walk. Creatures your opponents control lose and cannot gain island walk.
Tap an untapped creature you control: Target land is an island until end of turn.

and yes the site is horrible to get onto at times, i have not been on since i judged my contest and i was trying to get on every day
The two in one is cool, it's like my card last turn. It's a little bit too simple IMO, not enough creative. 15/20

brianhri wrote:
Island of Goblins 1 u/r

Enchantment - Aura - Rare

Enchant Island

When Island of goblins comes into play create a 1/1 red goblin legendary creature token named Lerd.

Enchanted island has "T, create a 1/1 red goblin legendary creature token named Lerd.

The island of goblins isn't much of an island, more so a lonely sandbar with one goblin stuck on it.

I like this a lot, looks like Squirrel Nest but more creative.
18/20

Antalagor wrote:
Mox Liquid - 0
Legendary Artifact - Mythic Rare

Return target Island you control to its owners hand, Tap: Add <> to your mana pool.

Discard an Island card from your hand, Tap: Add <> to your mana pool.
I'm not sure if it would be banned or not. You can play counterspell first turn but then you're a turn late. Very interesting!
18/20

Jinete_dV wrote:
2U Juan Carlos, the Tide Commander
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Soldier

Merfolk you control get islandwalk.

When this creature attacks target land become an island in addition to to it's other types until your next turn.

Whenever an opponent taps an island, create a blue 1/1 Elemental Merfolk creature token.

Sacrifice this creature: Merfolk you control get hexproof and +0/+1 until end of turn.

"Look! Even the water he walks on, attacks the enemy and follows him into mortal peril."
I'm sorry, this is not bad but it's not enough creative IMO + a little bit wordy. 12/20

wolfman2nast wrote:
Tide Engine 4

Legendary Artifact- Vehicle (Mythic)

Hexproof; Reach

Islands you control enter the battlefield tapped.

At the beginning of each end step on your turn, if you control an untapped Island, draw a card. If you don't, return an Island you control to its owner's hand.

Return two untapped Islands you control to their owner's hand: Tap up to two target artifacts, creatures, and/or lands.

Crew 4

You may tap four untapped islands you control rather than pay Tide Engine's crew cost.

"Upon Ignition, we lost our trade routes. Then went our coastal cities and ports.
Once it caught its final gear, away went our fears of anything outside of our own technology."

4/6

I realize the flavor text would be omitted to make room in a real print but hey i like the thought. My imagination kinda gives me the vision of a giant turbine type enging thing with bulldozer tracks type contraptions raising up out of water with huge waves and acouple small islands to show how big it is. Itd have hexproof just since its manipulating such huge bodies of water around itself that it'd be like going through walls of water to get to it. And this distortion of the waters is why islands come into play tapped. The draw a card trigger represents exploiting the engine to get somewhere you need to be, which is represented by the untapped island lol. Then the tap a target ability representz making a giant wave that smothers out enemies forcing them to flee, but is smashing through islands and land masses to get to that target, drowning out some of your resources, which is also the thought behind the alternate crew. And since its water locked, it has relatively low combat stats. It's supposed to be like a supreme technological achievment by an island dwelling civilization.
So, if you control 6 islands and you play this, you draw 2 cards? just this is a bit powerfull imo. The card is realy complex to build around if you want to use everything but the draw engine is enough IMO. 15/20

Marcus675 wrote:
The Great Pacific Garbage Patch

[url]baysidejournal.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/gr8-pacific.jpg[/url]

Artifact Land-Swamp Island MR

T-Gain 1BU. Lose 2 life.

At the beginning of your upkeep, put one garbage token on ~. Sacrifice a creature for every garbage token on ~.

It truly is a wonder how so much trash lands in this colossal Garbage Island.
A land that produce 1BU even with a drawback is a guaranted ban. Sorry 10/20

the_hetero wrote:
Agora, Shorewashed
Legendary Island Creature
Shroud, Defender
Agora can only block blue creatures without flying.
Sacrifice three other islands: Counter target spell.
If Agora would be placed into a graveyard due to the Legend Rule, exile it instead.
When Agora dies, you get an emblem with "You have shroud."
0/4
A wall with shroud + counter spell on a stick + emblem = for free? Seriously, it's christmas! 5/20

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Experimental Reef
Land-Island Mountain
Rare

If Experimental Reef would enter the battlefield, you may exile the top 5 cards of your library. If a blue or red card is exiled this way, Experimental Reef enters the battlefield untapped. Otherwise, Experimental Reef enters the battlefield tapped.

Tap: Add U or R to your mana pool.

"The Izzet have been attempting to create an artificial terrain. The results have been, varied to say the least."

-Journal of the Guildpact
Too good to be true. If you change 5 and just exile the top card, in a R/U deck, this would be untaped 60% of the time in a 60 cards deck with 24 lands. My conclusion: make it with one card exiled and I give you a 16/20.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next?!
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was to reduce the payoff. If you play combo, you might exile the wincon/enabler. It was for more of a cycle on another return to Ravnica Smile.
Marcus675

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless another CaC is created by Tuesday, I will personally create one unless one of the winners says something.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that notion lol it's been like a month
brianhri
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a new cac soon.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2