Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 377 Gods

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CEnsored, you submitted 10 cards. i would like to know which one counts for your entrant? Also I know its 10 days early but this is a fair warning,I May be under the weather. I am not feeling very well today and I assume it will pass but if the 26th comes and no one hears from me, I hereby allow Derflippi to judge the contest, I am sorry if this happens but If I stay sick I may not be able to be online for a while. I'll post if this changes.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You feelin better radio bro?
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent Valentines day in the Hospital. Combo Vertigo and Dehydration, mixed with a mild sore throat and sinus cold. Quite the combos. Took a Ton out of me. I went in on Tuesday, got discharged that night and spent 2 1/2 days in bed barely eating and such. Today I forced myself to get out and back into the world. So I am Glad to report that This, Gets Added to the List. The list of that which Cannot Kill me! Keep the cards coming boyz!
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vertigo is not nice me mum got it a bit back and it even rattled the work horse that is my mother for a bit.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you're at least tryin to get back at your routine. Anyone opposed to early judging?
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, because that will leave out some people.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

def not tryin to do that,just hadn't been an entry in a couple days so was just throwin it out there to stir the pot lol
Antalagor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Mirasa, the last who stands WWW
Legendary Creature - God, Soldier MR

Defender

When Mirasa enters the battlefield, gain 1 life.

Whenever Mirasa, the last who stands, would leave the battlefield, instead exile this creature, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.

2/3
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here goes the voting. There will be a 20 point system.

Entry 1:
GreenBear
Amurak, God of Sacrifice BBBBB2 (mythic rare) Legendary Creature - God

Indestructible, Trample

As an additional cost to cast Amurak, sacrifice a black creature.

Only B mana may be added to mana pools, when Amurak attacks each opponent sacrifices two non land permanent's they control.

5/5

Rating: I like the card, the cmc is written wrong, it would be 2BBBB. I like the fixed annihilator ability. Thing i do not like is in edh these would be OP as you basically just take players out of the game. I give this 11.

Entry2:
Derflippi
I cannot get your card to work. it says the card has been removed. So technically there is nothing to judge here sorry. I give you a Zero.

Entry 3:
the_hetero
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017 20:10 Post subject: Reply with quote
Takh, The Void
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God
4<><> (<> represents colorless mana)
At the beginning of your end step, if you cast a colorless spell this turn, exile target non-land permanent.
As long as there are no colored permanents on the battlefield, Takh, The Void is a 8/8 creature with vigilance and trample.

I like the ability here but I see a flaw. this guy is Very hard to "turn on" there have to be no colored permanents on Both sides or all sides fo the field. That's very hard to set up and requires some "help" from your opponents. Also i think this should be an Eldrazi god, seeing as its Eldrazi mana cost. I Give this a 10.

Entry 4:
Lord_Cuddles
Set, Chaos between Order
4BRR
Legendary Artifact Enchantment-God
Mythic Rare

Indestructible, shroud

All creatures have haste and attack each turn if able.
X, Exile the top X cards of your library: Set deals X+5 damage to a player at random. Set becomes a creature with P/T 7/3 in addition to its other types.

At the end of each turn, if you control less than 3 permanents, exile Set and your hand. Otherwise, sacrifice 3 other permanents you control at random.

First of all the name is kinda cool, but you later shortened it to just Set, maybe give him a small name like Sect. as set is confusing. I like the force attack of chaos and the order of the exile ability. but the exile ability is weird. seeing as you can pay Zero just to make this a 7/3 indestructible shroud guy randomly. Also the exiled number does nothing. Other at random is Also weird as this guy cannot accidently kill himself and as far as I can see the only benefit is the 7/3 indestructible that comes at a Far too steep a price. I give this an 11

Entry 5:
Marcus
This is clearly a troll attempt and i feel partially insulted by this I give you a -20.

Entry 6:
Wolfman2nast
Thantis, Eighth Incarnation of Otej 2GB

Legendary Creature - God Incarnate Elf (Mythic)

When Thantis enters the battlefield, put a divinity counter on each of up to two target nonland permanents, then each player sacrifices a permanent with a divinity counter on it. If a player sacrifices no permanents this way, that player loses two life.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a permanent with a divinity counter on it, you may return Thantis from your graveyard to your hand.

"I am but another fang in the smile upon the face of death herself."

3/4

I loved your explanation and clarifications. I was trying to understand your divinity counter set up and I think I got it, in order to "preserve" him you need to give both counters to things you control, then sac 1 of those things and ur opponent loses 2 life. then at any time if he dies and you still control the "other" thing you may get him back and do the process again. So the more times he dies the more chances he can come back. but a 4 mana 3/4 that basically only makes ur opponent lose 2 is not very powerful, i understand he is Not a god, but i question his "worth". I give you a 12.

Entry 7:
Censored
You gave me 10 cards. I like the concepts but I asked you which one would be your entry as You failed to signify the exact entry. I cannot give you all 10. These all seem pretty fair but also very Carbon copy like. I would give you a 10, but seeing as you did not specify which to rate I am forced to give you a zero.

Entry 8
Pj33
Adon, Lord of New Beginnings 4RW

Legendary Creature - God Phoenix

Flash, Flying

When Adon enters the battlefield, for each player you chose an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, a land and a planeswalker. Then each player sacrifices all other permanents on the battlefield, resets their life total to 20, and draws a card.

From the ashes of the old, we shall begin anew.

3/5

I love this guy, he is a tragic arrogance on a stick...that being said that's Basically the white gearhulk. I do not like the MLD aspect of this guy either. I understand it's meant to "start the game over" so I am not allowing that to weigh in on my judgments. but why would they draw 1 card, and not reset their hands to 7? I love the flavor text and the phoneix Caoncept. Well done. I give you a 17.

Entry 9
Thelemys
Anuket, God of Rivers

Legendary Land - Island M

As long as you control three or more Islands, Anuket, God of Rivers is a Legendary Land Creature with base power and toughness 1/1, indestructible.
As long as you control five or more Islands, Anuket, God of Rivers has "creatures you control have islandwalk".
As long as you control seven or more Islands, Anuket, God of Rivers has: "T: target land becomes an Island"

A thing of beauty is never perfect - Egyptian Proverb

Very well done sir, you took the god concept and went a Whole new path with it. You made it about basic land count. Very interesting. I wonder though why is the creature 1st, this guy gets up pretty quick. But the balance in abilities and power to size makes a ton of sense. You also did not go extreme making all lands island, showing some restraint in your God's powers. It reminds me of the leveler concept chalked onto a god concept. I give you an 18.

Entry 10
Antalagor
Mirasa, the last who stands WWW

Defender

Whenever Mirasa, the last who stands, would leave the battlefield, instead exile this creature, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.

2/3

I like the concept. the last who stands.. cannot be killed. Honestly though how do you remove this? no matter what it comes back fresh and ready to fight, lucky it only a 2/3 vanilla, but think of the ideas in a Sac engine deck this thing just makes infinite combos. I think you should have thought of that and chalked on "at end of turn it comes back" this guy is the best blocker obviously. I like the different take on indestructible. I give you a 16.

So the winner is Thelemys
Well played Good game to all. I am very sorry to derflippi that your card did not work and if that's is because you never got around to fixing it due to my getting sick and making you "back-up" judge. I fully apologize for the unfortunate part of me taking off a few days in the hospital. I am Back though and back to normal, Thankyou for all the concerns.

Whenever you are ready winner, you may start the new contest.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol a little more on my card I thought was obvious....

It's a removal spell for indestructible stuff as well. You put a counter on their permanent and one of yours, the thantis itself if need be. So a 4 make maelstrom pulse with downside and and a body. Plus the card would be a good 4 of in standard despite being legendary because it would be nearly op in multiples without the 4 cost.

Don't know why I wanted to put that out there, but anyways good job dudes, into the next!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG all

I liked myself Antalagor's card a lot. It's a shame the card was broken. My call on it:

Quote:

Mirasa, the last who stands WWWW

Whenever Mirasa, the last who stands, would leave the battlefield, if it wasn't sacrificed, instead exile this creature, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at end of turn.

2/3

You can do a black one with destroy target creature, a red with destroy target land....

My sources were :
1/ merfolk assassin
2/ figure of destiny
3/ God's and devotion
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_hetero’s god would die as soon as it hit the field because, the ‘turn on’ clause is written in nearly the opposite way it’d need to be for the card to function as intended.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just general justification

1. Set is the Egyptian God of Chaos.
2. Chaos never dies.
3. Exiling the top of your library is a random cost that you have to pay, as you are sacrificing what you do not know.
4. There is a cost for using the power of chaos in every form of literature that uses it, from insanity to self-desecration.
5. I totally made this to be wacky Commander, hence why it's at random. Smile.
6. I should've written it to say X can't be zero. My fault. However, potentially Lava Axing yourself is still a cost. Smile
7. Sometimes you want Set to stick.
8. Magic R&D often uses the first name of a card if:
a) The card has a title
b) The card refers to itself in any way.
c) For a new example, look at Yaheeni. Smile

Anyway, the next one's up!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2