Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic League Tournament Time Schedule Sucks

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
MRedDragonO1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Magic League Tournament Time Schedule Sucks Reply with quote

So i was looking at the Magic League upcoming tournaments and all of them in CST time is 2pm or 4 pm. The big ne is 11 am. Why all of the crappy times? People have lives and work on those hours, thus can't make it to participate the tournament. I think that the hours should be different, like 6pm or later range. Sad
Gracco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because ML is global. put times later and people on the other side of the ocean can not play.

long story short: someone will get dicked regardless.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason is this:
While magic-league's player base is 60% american, those volunteers to run events, to run magic-league are mostly european.

If the schedule puts Trials at a later time, those Trials don't happen because noone runs them.
MRedDragonO1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derflippi wrote:
Another reason is this:
While magic-league's player base is 60% american, those volunteers to run events, to run magic-league are mostly european.

If the schedule puts Trials at a later time, those Trials don't happen because noone runs them.

So what is the point of even playing if i cannot do a trial/master tournament if those time schedules is 2pm, 4pm, and 11am. Sorry that i have a life and work :\ I know i am not the only one that has the exact same issue as well. My suggestion is to make different tournaments for different countries instead of one. Prizes and such will be the same
Gracco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regularly firing random tournaments are a thing. if not anything else then lurk in the ML server room when you are online. There are a lot of cool people that come by and you could get some good games in regardless of if you are able to enter the scheduled events.
MRedDragonO1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracco wrote:
regularly firing random tournaments are a thing. if not anything else then lurk in the ML server room when you are online. There are a lot of cool people that come by and you could get some good games in regardless of if you are able to enter the scheduled events.

I want to enter Trial/Master tournaments to make money. If i can't due that due to my work schedule. Then why be on here since i am wasting my time. I don't do bragging rights
pan_klobouk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRedDragonO1 wrote:
Gracco wrote:

I want to enter Trial/Master tournaments to make money. If i can't due that due to my work schedule. Then why be on here since i am wasting my time. I don't do bragging rights

Master tournaments are twice a month, so I dont get that making money thing. As Derflippi said, try contacting people who run tournaments, create a poll, thats all I can think of as of now.
MRedDragonO1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pan_klobouk wrote:
MRedDragonO1 wrote:
Gracco wrote:

Master tournaments are twice a month, so I dont get that making money thing. As Derflippi said, try contacting people who run tournaments, create a poll, thats all I can think of as of now.

Who are the ones that i can contact about this? As for the polls, those polls are half a decade old
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said more than 50% players are American. Less than 20% of the judges are American however. This means trials at later time are not possible because noone can run them.
MRedDragonO1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derflippi wrote:
I said more than 50% players are American. Less than 20% of the judges are American however. This means trials at later time are not possible because noone can run them.

If that is the case than i shouldn't be holding my breath on better schedules then. Once again, Magic league had failed this community
pan_klobouk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRedDragonO1 wrote:
derflippi wrote:

If that is the case than i shouldn't be holding my breath on better schedules then. Once again, Magic league had failed this community

Seriously, whats wrong with you, people from magic-league are trying their best. Show some respect
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mreddragon, become a judge, run tournaments at night and once there are judges to run tournaments at night, we can consider running trials too.
edgeone_98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does 1 become a judge?
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgeone_98 wrote:
How does 1 become a judge?

Pass the judge test at http://www.magic-league.com/judges/tests/default.php
PaperTyga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run more tournaments with varying schedule.
What would it take to invest into prize potentials?
Maybe 16 player 10-15$ weekly instead.
The ultimate issue is the amount of people in main server and not M-L.

Also is it possible to make some sort of buy-in options for tournaments to increase the payout?

I have played here since it was apprentice and MWS was used to play, and always was 100+ player in MIRC, and found games as fast as the main server of cockatrice.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1