Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 372

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfman2nast wrote:
Identity Shatter 1BB

Sorcery (U)

Target opponent reveals his or her hand, then exiles a card of his or her choice for each color amongst the revealed cards.
'Become the one I need you to be...at the price of who you are.'

-Bolas, whispering in the mind of Jace

Could be a nicer version of Hymn to T.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sick bro lol hymn nd hippie nd megrim made my first deck pop nd made me like this game so that reference hit home g Smile imma let it be judged as is, it's just obv ridin the line of being too clunkily (?) texted to print. It's not as o.p. as it seems tho because they get to pick so they can still protect their good stuff in the first few turns where targeted discard is most disruptive and before youd rather be drawing your own bombs
the_hetero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chromagoyf
Summon Lhurgoyf - 1<>
Chromagoyf gets +1/+1 for each color of cards amongst opponent's permanents and graveyards.
0/1
Antalagor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me 1-3 more days, then i will judge.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget
Alysiaa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sword of Rust and Dust
Artifact - Equipment - 3
Equip: 2
Equipped creature has protection from multicolored spells and permanents.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to an opponent, choose one or both:
-You may cast a monocolored spell with converted mana cost 2 from your hand without paying its mana cost.
-Target nonbasic land doesn't untap during it's controllers next untap step.
Antalagor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
Sunder the planes - sorcery RRR (mythic rare)

Destroy target non basic land, then destroy another target non basic land with a different name.

'Some embrace diversity, others seek to destroy it.'

Balance: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Flavor: 5/5
Notes: I like the mana-cost and simplicity of this card. It seems very very strong at the first sight, but i think its actually pretty much on tier with blood moon.

Jinete_dV wrote:
Azorius Collections House

Land

{T}: Add {U} or {W} to your mana pool for each color of mana your opponents lands could produce.

"They'll have their fingers in everything and would tax you for breathing if they could." - Emmara Tandris

Balance: 1/5
Creativity: 4/5
Flavor: 4/5
Notes: I really like the idea. but every gemstone mine player is going to hate you. i think this will produce to much mana and even vs forest-only its close to tundra.

Thelemys wrote:
Devourer BB
Creature - Beast R
Haste, Trample
Whenever Devourer deals damage to a player put a -1/-1 counter on it, then you may sacrifice a land. If you do that: destroy target land.
A hungry Beast is an angry one!
3/2

Flavor: 5/5
Notes: That is a card of my taste. Fast, aggressive, suicidal. tho, it seems tough to beat on the draw and is so strong even without using the ability (and the option to do so is worth a lot). so really not sure on the balance rating.

derflippi wrote:
Manaspinner - UU
Creature - Human Wizard (Rare)
At the beginning of each players' upkeep, that player names a new color.
Lands produce mana of the named color instead of other colors.
No one knows what she is watching, because she never takes her glasses off.
0/4

Balance: 5/5
Flavor: 3/5
Notes: efficiently locks down multi-colored decks. still dies to abrupt decay. would be really interesting to build a deck around this effect.

AlexPistols wrote:
Inkmothron
Artifact
Mythic Rare
Nonbasic lands are artifacts in addition to their other types
2, tap: Destroy target artifact land
First nexus, now this...
- Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer

Balance: 2/5
Notes: the mana costs to really stop the opponents colors are simply to high

ShamedShadow wrote:

Rend the World XRG

Instant [Mythic Rare]

Destroy X target nonbasic lands. For each land destroyed in this way, Rend the World deals that much damage to target player and each creature that player controls.

The shift in the timeline may have made Atarka a Dragonlord, but it did not take her ability to destroy.

Balance: 1/5
Notes: I think its too strong. you cant effectively play around it on the long term and its even very very strong on x=1.

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Suicide Peak
Land
Rare

Tap: Add <> to your mana pool.

Tap, Sacrifice Suicide Peak and another land: Destroy target nonbasic land.

Sometimes, it's good to take yourself out the equation along with something else.

Balance: 5/5
Notes: i like the wasteland-type of cards. ghost quarter is a very fair card and this seems on par.

triplekriz wrote:
Brood Tiller
3<>
Planeswalker

-1 Put 2 0/1 eldrazi scions onto the battlefield with "sacrifice this creature: make <>".
-2 Exile target land that can currently produce 2 or more colors.
-3 Each player exiles the top 2 cards of his/her library. For each color revealed this way Brood Tiller deals that much damage to that player. Each player may put any number of colorless cards into his or her hand exiled this way.

Notes: This is the kind of planeswalkers i enjoy. versatility without stupid value-races.

radioactivez wrote:

http://mtgcardsmith.com/preview?img=1481164891871049&t=339467

Multicolor is VERY punished.

unfortunately, i cant see your uploaded card on that link.
but pls calm your tits and dont play damsel in distress, when you dont like the cac topic.

wolfman2nast wrote:
Identity Shatter B

Sorcery (U)

Target opponent reveals his or her hand, then exiles a card of his or her choice for each color amongst the revealed cards. You choose up to one card exiled this way, then return all other cards exiled this way to their owner's hand.

'Become the one I need you to be...at the price of who you are.'

-Bolas, whispering in the mind of Jace

Balance: 2/5
Notes: i dont think you really stop the opponent from using his color-advantages. it probably is worse than blackmail in more cases then one might think.

the_hetero wrote:
Chromagoyf
Summon Lhurgoyf - 1<>
Chromagoyf gets +1/+1 for each color of cards amongst opponent's permanents and graveyards.
0/1

Notes: Really nice card. Tarmogoyf this is not (harder to cast & weaker). but i like to have another vanilla beater around. tho, i dont think this is what <>-decks are looking for.

Alysiaa wrote:
Sword of Rust and Dust
Artifact - Equipment - 3
Equip: 2
Equipped creature has protection from multicolored spells and permanents.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to an opponent, choose one or both:
-You may cast a monocolored spell with converted mana cost 2 from your hand without paying its mana cost.
-Target nonbasic land doesn't untap during it's controllers next untap step.

Notes: Ill assume it gives +2/+2 (similar to the other swords). I really like this card. i think its a little bit worse than the other swords. the biggest problem is, it doesnt really solve the manabase problem.

#######

Congrats to thelemys - you won!
radioactivez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah very cute. since you made a Clearly biased CAC you did not Even bother to check the link its fine. I'll produce the card right here for you.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/warped-nexus

Check the link 4 times. It works.

Also my tits are Very calm I just found your contest to be as it is very biased and further proof that you Waited until AFTER judging to actually post that you could not see the card. No problem I am quite used to this treatment. Seeing as You MUST be a modern player to enter I saw very little point to care. I am not in distress I just calmly tell you and anyone else the Real truth about anything. If you cannot handle the Real. then kindly remove yourself from reading anything I post. Have a plentiful day.
Antalagor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the truth is:
you sent a wrong link and submitted the right one after judging.

btw: nice picture. nice idea.
but it doesnt have anything to do with the topic.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it doesn't because AS i said not a modern player so could not enter, because there was nothing that I could submit that would qualify. I forget who said it but someone said that i should "punish greedy mana bases" so I did. I already knew it would be D.Q. ed as it was "My" card and did not meet your biased contest rules.

Written After the fact, I just noticed the "inbox" message and that's where you informed me about my link being broken, So on that note, I apologize for that part. and you stated you yourself dislike modern I find your challenge very weird. but that's fine.

I am never salty about things I just prefer people speak the truth rather than beat the bush.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the win, I'll post next fast
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good judging, its annoyed me many times when judges have not recognised the lengths i have gone to, to balance cards i.e restrictive mana costs, making it possible to play around the card.

I remember i submitted a recursive hasty creature with hexproof a long time ago accept, it cost ggg1 and you had to sacrifice forests to return it. I got told it was broken because clearly cards that are only playable in mono green beats are broken. It was powerful but the restrictions on the card itself, made it far from broken.

It would have annoyed me so much if you had said it was under costed, as this card is unplayable in modern at 4, so i had to find ways to balance it at 3.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2