Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 370

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
PJ33

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Cards!

Starting from the Top:

MossValley Path:

Notes: Solid design. Nothing too flashy, but still powerful enough to want to use in a deck. I would play this in a heartbeat in my RG Energy Deck in standard, replacing my Game Trails.

Balance: 4
Card is solidly balanced. Creating the opposite Allied land keeps me from playing a double red or double green on turn 2 if I lead with this or play it second. But turn 3, watch out.

Cool: 1
It's obviously the RG version of whatever allied lines for that set, it's not going to make anyone say wow cool, but damn if you wouldn't want a set of these.

Novelty: 2
I like lands like these, you took the allied cycle and did something new with it. Cool.

Total: 7

TripleKriz

Notes: This is a really cool card. I feel like it would have made Landfall infinitely playable in BFZ. The would be a great card against land destruction, as well.

Not much to say here. It's cool, it provides a neat cycling mechanic, would be good with Delirium as well. But sacrificing it every turn to generate mana can slow you down, so it's got that as a draw back.

Cool: 2
Anything that makes Landfall work is cool in my book. I think you could have given it just a little more without breaking it to have pushed it a little harder, but it's cool.

Again. Really cool mechanic that can create a neat effect.

Total: 8

Thelemys
Revered Foreland

Notes: By far one of the more novel entries. I love the fragile mana ramping that comes from playing shaman creatures. There are a few things I think you could have added to pushed it over the top, but damn it's close.

Balance: 3
This ramps fast, but the ramp is very fragile. Maybe two fragile, still I think it's solid and playable.

Cool: 3
This card makes me want to build a modern dragons deck using a shit ton of ramping shamans to ultimately play a big bad dragon like Atarka or similar.

Ultimately, I feel this is close to the Eldrazi lands and that's the only reason I didn't give you 3, but still a really awesome card.

GreenBear
Cradle of the Aether

Notes: A little confusing on the formatting, but once I figured out what it did, I liked it. This card would be unplayable in modern as any kind of land destruction would cost you the game. But still I could see this running in UW Flash as your fifth land, and being great.

Balance: 1
This land has too big of a draw back. Any deck that became successful running this land, would immediately result in people playing some form of land hate. And that's not something anyone wants lol. At least anyone named PJ33.

Very cool land. I love everything but the draw back.

Novelty: 3
Again, super cool, super unique, super scary drawback.

The_Hetero
Estruary Brewhouse

Notes: I like the fixing for creatures, though most of the time your creatures don't need fixing, your instants, sorceries and walkers do. Also, the Haste with the drawback is really cool as well.

I have a feeling that this card would be a 4 of in any BG deck. Being able to play Emrakul and give it haste for 7 mana would be bonkers. That said the drawbacks for using it for creature casting only is harsh enough that maybe it wouldn't see play.

The haste feature got you the 3 here. I know other lands have done haste before, but this is the first time I saw a draw back and thought: How could I break this? Cool.

Because haste has been done, I dinged you a little on the novelty, but still a really cool card.

Wolfman2nast

Notes: Love the inevitability of ramping with this deck. Obviously it comes with a price, but if you played this after you already put a game changing threat in your hand, you could essentially play a rampant growth every turn for 1 mana and two cards. I think this would see play in ramp decks.

The payoff is good, the payment is steep, but it can be built around.

I think your flavor, slash, lack of flavor did you in here. Your card has this creeping dread to it if you're playing against it, that makes you say, ah shit he's going to be able to hit 7 lands by turn 4 no problem. But you didn't give it the vibe with flavor, so I dinged you a point there.

This card is unlike anything I've ever seen from a land before. It's by far one of the most novel designs in the competition, great job.

Derflippi
Sylvan Academy

Notes: I like the mana fixing here, especially if you're playing a 3 color or more deck. A few thoughts that I'll get to in balance, but overall cool.

Balance: 1
This is where I dinged you points, because this card is on a razor thin margin of being too weak or too strong. I think you erred on the side of the drawback. If you could put the land card onto the battlefield tapped, I think it would be perfect. Or if you could find two lands. But paying 2 and saccing a land is a pretty big setback, even in tron.

This is almost a perfect Tron land. Although the U gives me some pause.

It's almost evolving wilds on steroids, but not quite. Still cool card.

Total: 6

ShamedShadow
Chromanticore's Den

Notes: Love this card. Love the hideaway mechanic, love how it allows you to be a little more daring in your card collection.

This card should be a legendary land. I say this because if you play multiples you're essentially getting a land and a scry 4 draw one with every land you play. That's a lot of power.

I love what this card does. I love how it can ambush, how it can fix, how it can set up your curve. Super strong.

Again, see cool factor. The card is just solid.

Total: 9

Lord Cuddles:
Land of the Chosen

Notes: The one problem with your card is that it's a manland. It's cool, but it sort of broke rule two.

There's nothing inherently unfair about this card, and actually giving your land a bunch of types makes it vulnerable.

Cool: 1
Again. It's cool, but part of what of makes it cool is the part that breaks the rules.

Novelty: 1
It's essentially a colorless manland. Still I like it.

Total: 5

Antalagor
Gemstone Avalanche.

Notes: I like the ramp, I like the fixing, I like the paying a life to get fixing.

Solid card, good drawback to benefit.

It doesn't do anything really over the top, but it's got a cool fixing ability that I like.

Again, paying life to color fix isn't anything new, but it's just a solid card.

Congrats ShamedShadow, you win.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When judging i think it helps to Repost the card.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I glad you liked the card. I guess I should have thought more about the draw back, but i was worried about getting cool and originality points. I think it would see standard play also, harmless offering just got a lot better.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2