Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaladesh Prerelease draft

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Kaladesh Prerelease draft Reply with quote

Back with a prerelease draft.

I can not find where the deck is saved on modo, as it does not appear to be saved in the freeform decks, so I have no decklist for you. If someone could let me know where it is saved if it is that would be nice.

The draft:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebpQaers2Y

Round 1 UR energy 2-0

Round 2 UG energy 2-1

Round 3 UW artifacts 2-0

Feed back appreciated, keep in mind the format is much more young and my results have been unspectacular so far, so its likely my drafting is less refined than normal.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not get your video to work, All i got was Audio no picture
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm thats odd its working for me, anyone else having the same problem?
jwebber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting. Here are some thoughts:

1) Colossus is a great P1,P1. The Thriving Rhino, Glint-Sleeve Artisan, Iron League Steed are all safe picks, but I like going for this early.

2) Furious Reprisal. Though I can't fault you if you take a 2nd Rhino to go with the first. No good artifacts here for Colossus.

3) I'm between the Outrider and Daredevil. I'd lean toward the Daredevil, but Outrider makes more sense if you went Rhino first.

4) The Cub was a great pick this late, and a clear signal green is open. I'd go with the Incendiary Sabotage, if I went Colossus/Daredevil versus the green.

5) Wow, late Edgecrafters seems great for the Green. I'd go with Gremlins for the Red-Black artifacts.

6) I'm taking Pillar Bug here. For the Green draft, I think you have to consider the Aether Theorist.

7) I think speculating on the Durable Handicraft is worth it here. Wild Wanderer can help a splash. In the alternate draft, I'm taking the Peafowl here.

Cool I like the Turtle here for the Green/Blue energy. For the Red/Black, I'm going with the slow 4/6 scavenger over the find.

9) Decision time - Thriving Grubs is super and interesting it tabled over the Fanatic and Weldfast. I think you have to take Grubs, but I can see Turtle #2 for GU energy. I'm grabbing Puzzleknot for the Red/Black.

10) Wow, Pyrohelix is a perfect fit. Blue isn't open. Red is!

11) Nice Attune, as you can now splash with the Wanderer.

12) Great late Artist.

14) Demolish last!

Wow, perfect pack 1. The Turtles were just people undervaluing the card versus blue being open. I think going with the Rhino first was awesome and you ended up with a better deck than I would have had picking the Colossus for the tickets Smile
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the feed back, I was unsure on how good colossus was also and had no idea it was worth any tickets. I think the rhino is stronger, though it is hard to say.
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a black box in the middle of your draft which i think is your video recording software that is preventing us from seeing all the cards. Just wanted to let you know
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I am aware of that problem with free software. Thank fully you can still see the name and picture on all the cards so it worked out okay.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since I cannot get your video to work (i'll keep trying) Let me offer some Advice in KLD draft that has worked for me. Did you read the Channel fireball article on Archtypes? really good read.
For me, KLD has been all about synergy. making your cards work together. So far I have had much success in the Jeskai color shard. I did go black/white the other day and it was Very powerful. Green I have not done yet, might be some of my sOI/EMN nature kicking in as I refused to go green for so long that going there now seems wrong but I know green is much better than it has been.
On the topics of puzzleknots. I have found that the white knot works best in r/w or in u/b with the 1/4 who scrys everytime you play an artifact. The green knot is good anywhere you want EE. the blue is good when you did not get the green but not in as many a number maybe 1 or 2 where I would go 3+ on greens. Red knot is strictly sideboard, brought in for the 1 butt army decks. The black knot is decent in 2 or less amounts to help you have draw power. I have not been big on vehicles as of yet. I find anything with a crew of 3+ is just to hard to drive and I will not play it. infact the only vehicle I have played so far is cruisers. I know some are good I just do not get them as often or I see them with better cards, I.e removal. Prisms are good and I consider the the 6th puzzleknot as they are free draws and help with your small splashes.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks.

It's really odd the youtube videos are not working for you as they are working for everyone else. I hope this trend does not continue as you do make good points from time to time.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I found a work around. I kept getting a green screen and only audio so I downloaded the video and played in my VLC player.

pack 1 pick one. colossus can be good but I am not sure I would 1st pick it. You have to draft vehicles, or many puzzleknots to make him cheaper. I would take the white fabricate guy. thriving rhino is much better than the red one, just saying. (takes longer to be outclassed)(you took rhino)
pack 1 pick 4 cub is good but i like tiger slightly better here. (you took cub)
pack 1 pick 5 the green combat trick, over the 6 drop unplayable (you took the 6 drop i forget name)
pack 1 pick 8 at this point we look only green so I would grab the aviary mechanic and see if white presents itself as open, with EE creatures the mechanic, can help us make more EE. (you took the black 6 drop)
pack 1 pick 10 not sure why the "other" good removal came back but okay sure.
pack 1 pick 14 Demolish is not main deck able. it's sideboard at best.
pack 2 pick 1 I know its gimmicky but I would slam that Panharm wth all those ETB EEE triggers being doubled. (you took barter boat)
pack 2 pick 2, I like dismantle but you cannot play it you have almost no artifacts same goes for sparks. basically, only thing I could see you picking is the green creature. (you took murderbolt)
pack 2 pick 6 the puzzleknot is a much better pick especially if you want to splash that "murderbolt". (you took infiltraitor)
pack 2 pick 8 I think hijack would be better. spectacle is too easily 2 for 1ed (you took spectacle)
pack 2 pick 9 Eager construct is fine here helps the artifact count and is actually a decent creature. would mainboard him.
pack 3 pick 1 I would highly consider the 3 drop fabricate here. or the red puzzleknot. and I really think red knot sucks so yeah. (you took red puzzlknot)
pack 3 pick 2, rhino is right I feel. (i am agreeing with you when you doubted yourself)
pack 3 pick 3 I disagree with your reasoning 100% here. you have plenty of good EE makers and getting to 8 EE should be easy as pie. I would happily slam her down (I also would have had that greenknot) (you took welding sparks)
pack 3 pick 4 I actually agree with this reasoning now, but if last pick was done correctly I would say grab the 3EEE maker over the 2EE. (you took servant of conduit)
pack 3 pick 6 blue knot here as you could use more EE (you took built to last)
pack 3 pick 8 the 6 drop is not pickable in my opinion. maybe just to chuck it into sideboard (you took the wurm)
pack 3 pick 10 would mainboard this 3 drop fabricator. you did take him but did not play him

Final deck, splashing the black red removal is a Great idea but you only have 2 artifacts so its terrible. I would main board the 3 drop fabricator to help with the artifact count over the 6 drop and the fire puzzlknot over one of your green creature 4 drops. ( I cannot see the name but i think you are running 2 of them.)

Last edited by radioactivez on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please, please, please I've said so many time's tell me what card I took when you post!!!!
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I told you that I comment while watching you draft. so I assume you to watch the video with my comments in mind. my bad, I edited it.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks it was less relevant with moon as I won all the time anyway. But I'm struggling with this current format so need to work out why.
Csquared08

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real strong draft, and holy crap was green open.

One thing, though: There is actual zero reason to hate draft in a draft league. The odds of you playing the people you're passing to is so incredibly low that picking up a marginal playable or sideboard card is just so much better for your win percentage.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks.

I'm aware of the issue with hating. But I still hate over taking cards I would never play.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1