Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 365

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
triplekriz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: 365 [Judging not 100% done] Reply with quote

Given that I basically left my place before the sun was up and home to see the stars. I am just leaving the winner and reasons for him/her. I will provide my other thoughts after some sleep.

Dean, Wayward Son
1WWB
Creature-Human Explorer
Rare

Vigilance
1B, Tap: ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player. You lose 3 life.

Inspired-Whenever ~ becomes untapped, create a 1/1 White Human token onto the battlefield and gain one life.

Now your life's no longer empty, Surely heaven waits for you.

-Jessica, foresaken mother

This card is not legendary sadly, but it does have thought in each of the abilities and only becomes a house with mana. I think of a mixture of Hero of Bladehold or Kalitas and Grim Lavamancer which is modern playable (3 damage then 5 then 6 is fair). I love the choice of including the mechanic inspired given the theme of the CaC. Lastly, the story behind the card enchanced the abilites that were given to it very well making each ability on the card relate. While I do not consider this one the most playable card simply by cost, color and immediate impact, there was some pretty OP stuff thought out. This combined with the story made it to the top. Congratulations Lord_Cuddles!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black card dealing damage to creature or player is not a thing you see anymore...
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot the Legendary type. Dang
triplekriz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pharikas cure is new enough and saw play
Grok

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

triplekriz wrote:
pharikas cure is new enough and saw play

Pharika's Cure only deals damage to creatures. The point stands, and the winning card would never be printed because it blatantly and unnecessarily breaks the color pie. If you want to let a color do something it doesn't have access to, there are more creative ways than giving it a random drawback. For example, they would never print "1B: Destroy target artifact." But they might print "B: Target player reveals his or her hand. Choose an artifact or creature card from it. That player discards that card." Black gets a way to deal with artifacts, but only before they enter the battlefield.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so no judging on the other cards even, just randomly picks a winner?
MikolajDomin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's not too late:

Ride of the Valkyries 3RW
Sorcery
Return to play all creature cards that were put into a graveyard from play last combat phase under your control. Those creatures gain haste until end of turn. After this phase, there is an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase.
Warrior is like a thunder in the storm
die in flash, but then live once more.

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRU1AJsXN1g
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio, please read the topic.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read it and my card falls under the criteria. I am not caring about you winning cuddles, I am caring that he royally jipped us. No judging even and quite frankly its funny when the same 3-4 people win every single time. I know nothing is on the line but its funny. That is just my 2 cents. I think people will be happy to know I am highly considering being done with the online mtg community as a whole as people like to hide behind dishonesty and the keyboard too much and no one is legit except me. Sometimes I myself am not legit but I am more often so than most.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's go for next
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for all entries to be judged.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
I did read it and my card falls under the criteria. I am not caring about you winning cuddles, I am caring that he royally jipped us. No judging even and quite frankly its funny when the same 3-4 people win every single time. I know nothing is on the line but its funny. That is just my 2 cents. I think people will be happy to know I am highly considering being done with the online mtg community as a whole as people like to hide behind dishonesty and the keyboard too much and no one is legit except me. Sometimes I myself am not legit but I am more often so than most.

It would be a shame if you left, your an entertaining character.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/202005741140180992/232195402030383105/unknown.png

Just to show that I am posting on Triplekrizs behalf.

Below are his judging critiques.

Dean, Wayward Son
1WWB
Creature-Human Explorer
Rare

Vigilance
1B, Tap: ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player. You lose 3 life.

Inspired-Whenever ~ becomes untapped, create a 1/1 White Human token onto the battlefield and gain one life.

Now your life's no longer empty, Surely heaven waits for you.

-Jessica, foresaken mother

3/4
Everybody likes Kansas for sure, and I like that you evoked both sides getting hurt. And inspired is a nice touch. However, I feel that legendary would be better for this card since this card can take over a board state in a turn or two.
Highway to Hell 2RRR
Sorcery R
As an additional cost to play Highway to Hell, pay 1 life for each tapped land you control.
Highway to Hell deals 1 damage to each opponent for each tapped land he or she controls.

Stairway to Heaven 1UU
Sorcery R
As an additional cost to play Stairway to Heaven, return a permanent you control to your hand.
Target opponent return target permanent to his or her hand.
AC/DC and Led Zep also some of my favs. I find it hard to play this card in a mainboard setting since not every deck you face will have 5 tapped lands out and it hurts you too. I guess it's good in limited especially with the flexibility.
Here is my song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU

Here is my card: http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/radioactive-helix Radioactive's card: While speaking true about yourself, this is arguably more powerful than maelstrom pulse at instant speed. Play no dudes and your deck is insane.
Accursed Pipes
Artifact - Equipment
Rare

Equipped Creature gains deathtouch and lifelink. It must attack on your turn if able.

Whenever equipped creature attacks, you may place a 1/1 black rat token with deathtouch onto the battlefield, tapped and attacking.

Equip 1
I actually really like this one. The equip cost is cheap to allow an engine so to speak. I find this type of card fairly unique. However, I said there needed to be some type of inspiration for the card and I did not quite get that feel (did you play the pipes?).
Distortion
BWR
Uncommen
Enchantment

When 'Distortion' comes into play you get 3 energy counters.

All Rebels get +3/+1
I think this is pretty overcosted and hard to cast for that ability, and does not see very much application. I assume distortion is a band you have grown to like.
Bard of Belfast GW

Creature- Human (R)

Vigilence

Bard of Belfast gets +2/+2 and gains lifelink as long as you control a non-token Human creature with artwork clearly depicting a female with brown eyes.

"Sha la la la la la la la la luhla tee dah....lah tee dah!"

2/2
Good unhinged feel, but a 4/4 lifelink for 2 mana is stretching it. I would compare this to battalion cards that need support but could have been better in the day, however not having a condition enables this to be easier to enable than grim flayer in my opinion.

Land (R)

Flash
You may play this land during your opponents turn if you never played a land during your last.

Tap : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool then each opponent gains 3 life.

You can only untap Kokomo during your opponents untap stap.

"Get there fast then we will take it slow"- Beach Boys

I appreciate the uniqueness of being the only land submitted. This one is still feels fairly unreasonable in combo decks in eternal foramts. In addition, flash only applies to spells, so the land would not work anyway since lands can only be played on your turn.

Rush // Rolling Stones
1R // XRR
Sorcery - Rare
Fuse
Rush: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have haste."
Rolling Stones: Convoke - Create X 1/1 red elemental creature tokens with "Whenever this creature becomes blocked by one or more creatures, it deals 1 damage to defending player."
I greatly respect these bands and the impact they've had on me. Emblems are something that should be limited to planeswalkers. Compare to fervor and this is easily mythic if not too good for it. The fact that haste has a kicker is also really good, and enables elves too easily.
PJ33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, sorry I went with the Pied Piper of Hamlin. I thought the rats might be enough to tip you off. No worries though, I liked the card you chose.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2