Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I think we need to make a new rule regarding spectators

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software
CoughDaze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: I think we need to make a new rule regarding spectators Reply with quote

I think we need to enforce allowing spectators to view and chat in games in tournaments. It saves everyone a lot of trouble regarding judge calls. And if a room gets a game in without spectators allowed at all, it can get very complicated.

We have rules against cheating. If someone is caught cheating, it can be enforced. The paranoia involved isn't necessary, in my opinion.

I propose we enforce a rule that says spectators must always be allowed to view and chat. It streamlines the whole process. I think the way to enforce it is, if a judge sees a room that is not up to par, the match is stopped and restarted, much like a deckcheck. That way there is no argument, or waiting for a game to finish to make a new room, or anything.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you but on constructed matches I understand the reason for kicking out the specs, Also players in the tournament unless they are judges have no reason to be watching. I personally make my rooms with no specs during masters so that no one can watch. If I need a judge ill ask for one, but i prefer to keep other players out.
CoughDaze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely forgot we have a password option. I've never really used it. What about at least enforcing password-protected with spectators? That way players can give judges the password
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoughDaze wrote:
I completely forgot we have a password option. I've never really used it. What about at least enforcing password-protected with spectators? That way players can give judges the password

That would be perfect, and when judges are not needed, they just leave because they may be in the event aswell.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is already a rule. Handling a judge call when you can't speak to both players at once is a NIGHTMARE. The simplest questions become a huge chore. And for what gain? Spectators can see what you are playing, just like in a real tournament setting, but they can't see your hand or any other hidden information.
CoughDaze

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
This is already a rule. Handling a judge call when you can't speak to both players at once is a NIGHTMARE. The simplest questions become a huge chore. And for what gain? Spectators can see what you are playing, just like in a real tournament setting, but they can't see your hand or any other hidden information.

I read the rules to be sure before I posted. It doesn't explicitly state that they must allow it. It says players are 'encouraged' to. I would rather make it enforceable with no qualms.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:

What tournaments you go to? RL when my match is done i do not go hover around other players. its rude. If i ever see anyone "hovering" at my game i ask them to leave. Common sense.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on people do watch other games irl. Often you get a bunch of kid spectators, you can not exactly tell a bunch of 12 year old's to fuck off (well you can but wizards would have a heart attack over it and I dislike children more than most people), its just setting a bad president for the game.

Imagine if someone like LSV took that attitude which he never would, as he's to concerned about his role as an ambassador for the game.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so because of their age, you allow them to be rude. hmm ok. What other people do is not governed by me but What I do is, so i do not care if mother teresa comes to hover over my game, i will ask her to leave. if she refuses then the game will end on the spot.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you'll be the one is the losers bracket.
EternalChaos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I come from our FNM's are only about as big as 10-16 people. Everyone knows what deck you are on by the end of first round.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EternalChaos wrote:
Where I come from our FNM's are only about as big as 10-16 people. Everyone knows what deck you are on by the end of first round.

That must suck.
Somadelnocha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
EternalChaos wrote:

That must suck.

No, it must suck to be so insecure that people witnessing you playing causes you to want to quit playing. You realize you need at least one person - your opponent - to be "watching" your game, right?

If they're making a racket, inside of your personal space, or blurting things out they shouldn't ("Wow, I can't believe he drew that!" etc. etc.) then by all means, ask them to leave, but OTHERWISE you are the one being rude. Games are meant to be enjoyed, after all. I'm sorry if it offends your idea of enjoyment by having someone watch you (or know what you're playing) but they're allowed to be there. You aren't allowed to be rude to them, as they aren't allowed to be rude to you, though rudeness is relative so be forewarned.

CoughDaze wrote:
I think we need to enforce allowing spectators to view and chat in games in tournaments. It saves everyone a lot of trouble regarding judge calls. And if a room gets a game in without spectators allowed at all, it can get very complicated.

We have rules against cheating. If someone is caught cheating, it can be enforced. The paranoia involved isn't necessary, in my opinion.

I propose we enforce a rule that says spectators must always be allowed to view and chat. It streamlines the whole process. I think the way to enforce it is, if a judge sees a room that is not up to par, the match is stopped and restarted, much like a deckcheck. That way there is no argument, or waiting for a game to finish to make a new room, or anything.

I have consistently just allowed specs, and allow them to speak, but don't have hands revealed. I understand the judges would need to see them, but that could be avoided just like IRL - they're going to have to show their hands to the judge(s) anyway, and we already have an input that lets you show your hand to someone.

This also disables the potential for cheating, as being able to see both sides' hands invites the temptation to cheat in some people.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1