Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alesha and Vaultbreaker

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
arielloria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Alesha and Vaultbreaker Reply with quote

Hi,

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=alesha%2C+who+smiles+at+death

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=391951

I attack with those both cards. Both effect triggers (Return a creature from graveyard and discard a card draw a card). Which is the first one?

I want to: Discard a creature card of power 2, draw a card and then pay cost of Alesha's abilities.

Can I do that?
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alesha's ability targets as soon as it's put on the stack. So the target is chosen before the trigger to discard would even resolve.
arielloria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinete_dV,

Thanks for answer. Can I resolve first discard ability to put creature in the graveyard and then Alesha's ability?

Regards.
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both abilities go on the stack at the same time. Regardless of how you order them on the stack, a target must be chosen if there is a legal target for Alesha's ability, then the abilities can start to resolve.
arielloria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is clear.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1