Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cac 360 JUDGED

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic

What do you like about CaC?
Inventiveness
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Cool to see new ideas
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Fun to play
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Makes you feel like a designer
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will edit.

But this is why I like an explanation of a mechanic, and how it works well.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morpheus2222 wrote:
Black Bear

BG
Creature - Bear

Shyness (Whenever this creature becomes target of a spell or ability return it to its owners hand)

2/2

"Don't Look at it Don't Point at it. Or it will return to the woods" - Tireless Tracker
If only it would have been a Cautious Bear GU 2/2 !!! It was a very nice mechanic.
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
EDIT: I just got what Grok had meant, for if you are mana flooded in the game. However, most players still want a reason to play lands, not to hold them in your hand. If you're flooded, you are going to be playing your lands. This makes the card worse late game while only good early game under a mana flood. Thus, the score doesn't change.

I still don't totally understand this criticism. Sure, maybe an inexperienced player would get confused and not play out their lands in the late game, but ultimately the card costs exactly the same amount no matter when you cast it. All that matters is how many lands you have total between your hand and the battlefield. On turn 3, you have to tap out and reveal 3 lands. On turn 6, you have to tap out and not reveal any lands. Either way you are using or revealing 6 lands and presumably can only cast one spell that turn. That's why this card is playable in both the early game and late game.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were trading damage for effect as you are a cutpurse. Rare level would be getting both. The uncommon would only get dmg. I am still awaiting jdging for the Last contest so i was a little ticked of to be skipped
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mama screw or lands on curve make cards like this unplayable. Maybe my suggestion was incorrect, but I'm understanding still is that the mechanic is only good situation.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radioactive hazards, read the New World Order. It wants to make commons simple. You have a replacement effect with modal. That's not simple. Good card, but not a common.
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Mama screw or lands on curve make cards like this unplayable. Maybe my suggestion was incorrect, but I'm understanding still is that the mechanic is only good situation.

I mean, this is just one common example of the mechanic, of course it's not a bomb. I could have easily made rares that interact by bouncing lands to your hand in the late game, searching lands from your deck, and having lower mana costs in general.

As it stands, the mechanic gives you a huge upside by being able to possibly play a big creature for cheap in the early game, and you still get a reasonable creature in the late game for 6 mana. The bread and butter of limited commons are cards that are useful at various points in the game. Especially ones that help you out of mana flood or screw (although this only helps with flood).
OctoOoze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure which part of my card is related to omniscience?
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With your wording, you could discard Omniscience or Enter the Infinite to down load. That was what I was referring to.
OctoOoze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad on the wording, my idea for the mechanic was you discard a card to copy the spell with download, not the card you discard.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry, the wording made it look like a one shot Dream Halls.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3