Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 359 [Judged]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed
and that's why I judge when there is no more than 12 cards, more is a lot of work
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote detailed judgings when i judged mine.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antalagor wrote:
Rift of Logic

U
Instant - U

You loose 2 life.
Draw a card.
Add U to your mana pool.
Shuffle Rift of Logic into its owner's library.

"And suddenly, nothing happened. (almost nothing)"

Flavor: 6/10
Balance: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Total: 12/20

Notes: I understand why the life loss is there (to prevent you from infinitely chaining these, as unlikely as that may be), but this is strictly worse than Gitaxian Probe I think.

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Pirate Crewman
1B
Creature-Human Pirate
Common

Plunder- Whenever this creature destroys a creature, draw a card.

3/1
Let's break out the food and drink the grog!

-Party after a successful theft of a ship

Flavor: 8/10
Balance: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Total: 16/20

Notes: Plunder is awesome! Perfectly flavorful for a pirate, and this seems pretty balanced in that it has to die most of the time but has the value of replacing itself.

Jinete_dV wrote:
2GRR Nissa Enraged - Planeswalker - Nissa (4 Loyalty)

+1:Put a 1/2 green Elf Archer creature token with reach onto the battlefield.

-2: Nissa Enraged deals 3 damage divided as you choose among up to three target creatures and/or players.

-7: Put a 1/2 green Elf Archer creature token with reach onto the battlefield for each land you control, then each Elf card you control deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

Flavor: 7/10
Total: 14/20

Notes: She's angry! I like that this goes back to Nissa's roots as an Elf planeswalker, so it encourages you to play elves. Unfortunately, her being red does not encourage playing Elves since that's not the colors of Elves usually.

Stucco wrote:
Gamelen, Keeper of the Cradle...........GG
Legendary Creature - Elf Druid............M

T: Add G to your mana pool for each green creature you control.

Gaea speaks to few, so when she spoke to me I chose to listen. Gaea requests nothing of anyone, so when she requested something of me I chose to obey.

0/1

Balance: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Total: 10/20

Notes: This is way too similar to Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary in my mind, and he's completely busted when used correctly.

Thelemys wrote:
The Special Sciences Laboratory
Legendary Land R
The Special Sciences Laboratory doesn't untap during your untap step.
T: add U to your mana pool.
Each time an opponent draws a card, untap The Special Sciences Laboratory.
Physics, as I have said on another occasion, is the technique of techniques and the ars combinatoria for fabricating machines. It is a knowledge which has scarcely anything to do with comprehension.Jose Ortega y Grasset

Flavor: 5/10

Notes: Despite the weird flavor of a future-esque setting this would have to be in, this card is actually pretty cool. Being able to use it on both turns is pretty powerful, but it's balanced out by being Legendary.

AlexPistols wrote:
The Raven Man
BBB2
Planeswalker - Urza
+1: Put 1/2 blue token with flying, named Storm Crow onto the battlefield
-2: Destroy target creature. Its controller puts top 3 cards of his or her library onto his or her graveyard.
-7: Destroy all creatures, then put a legendary token */*, named "The Pack of Ravens" with "this creature cant be blocked" and "this creature's power and toughness equal to number of creature cards in all graveyards

Flavor: 4/10
Total: 11/20

Notes: The Raven Man makes Storm Crows... Flavor Judge? Otherwise this seems fine balance wise, and this is a unique take on a planeswalker although I feel like he should cost UBB or something similar.

derflippi wrote:
War Frog - 4RG
Creature - Frog Warrior (Uncommon)
Skulk
Swampwalk
"The frogs united, but they still need a hero."
4/3

Total: 13/20

Notes: Seems fine. I'm not particularly impressed by this card, but the combination of Skulk and Swampwalk is interesting. It may also be overcosted, I'm not 100% sure.

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Blight Sifter 2BB

Artifact Creature - Sequencer - Rare

If at the beginning of your upkeep Blight Sifter has three Sequence counters on it,
remove all Sequence counters from Blight Sifter.

Return a Swamp card you control to its owner's hand: Add a Sequence counter to Blight Sifter then Select N

(where N is the ability below with the number equal to the number of Sequence counters on Blight Sifter). You may only play this ability once per turn.

1 - Target player loses 4 life.
2 - Target player discards a card.
3 - Target player sacrifices a permanent.

4/4

When the Sequencer's assembled, only the mad ascertained the genius behind their dark machinations.

Notes: This seems really, really powerful. I could see something like this in a future artifact block, but I'm certain they'd have to come up with some more elegant wording to make it all fit on the card.

OctoOoze wrote:
Lonely Scarecrow - 1

Creature-Scarecrow-Common

Strictly better then Fugitive Wizard

1/1

Balance: 5/5
Creativity: 1/5
Total: 13/20

Notes: I mean... you're not wrong, it is strictly better than Fugitive Wizard, but... Meh.

McDonalds wrote:

Total: 15/20

Notes: So if we ignore the flavor text, this card is actually really cool. I feel like it's balanced because you have to take damage to make him bigger, and it doesn't have haste or anything to push it over the top.

Grok wrote:
Luxor the Magnetic -- 2RW

Legendary Creature -- Soldier -- Mythic

Vigilance, Haste

Whenever Luxor the Magnetic attacks, you may attach any number of target equipment and/or enchantments on the battlefield to him.

2/3

“It is ironic that Luxor can pull any weapon to himself at will, but he pushed away the one woman who loved him. He fights only to win her back.” -- Luxor’s Lieutenant

Flavor: 10/10
Balance: 1/5
Total: 15/20

Notes: I love the flavor of this card, that flavor text is fantastic. I do think if this ever saw print it'd be extremely broken - negating equip effects and stealing enchantments is insanely good.

Duodax wrote:
Huckster's Mantle B

Enchantment-Aura - Uncommon

Enchant creature

When Huckster's Mantle is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, look at target opponent's hand and choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card.

Notes: A unique way of doing the "Duress" or "Despise" type thing. I like it.

GreenBear wrote:
The Worst Magic Card Ever R

sorcery (uncommon)

Target opponent choose 1

The worst magic card ever does 3 damage to them.

Put a 4/3 devil token into play under the caster of the worse magic card ever's control.

The caster of the worst magic card ever Draw's 3 cards.

'Wow I'm beat, what a spike, curse the devil.'

Flavor: 3/10
Creativity: 1/5
Total: 9/20

Notes: There's only ever one option for this card, and it's to take the 3 damage. You succeeded in making a strictly worse Lava Spike and that's about it.

kenny18O wrote:
terraforming land

land uncommon

tap, pay 1 life, sacrifice terraforming land : search your libraby for a basic land card and put it into play, shuffle your library afterward.

Notes: I feel like something like this could easily see print. It would definitely need a better name though. This is just a strictly better Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse though.

Bluejay216 wrote:
http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/abbadon-demon-god

Total: 11/20

Notes: So first of all, the text of this guy would need a major re-write just because of phrasing like "Remove the top card of your upkeep". I feel like this guy had way too much text though and that mana cost is pretty silly. Nevermind that his last ability puts himself and everything else that was exiled previously right back into play.

The winner is Lord_Cuddles, runner up is Grok.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a combination of three of the worst magic cards ever. Lava spike, vexing devil and brow beat. The flavour txt makes reference to this. It's also terribly worded I should have used mode rather than option for example. But the cards turned out to be quite hard to combine.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Totally Skipped me!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3