Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 359.5 (Unofficial)-Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Marcus675

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: CaC 359.5 (Unofficial)-Judged Reply with quote

So, me and Cuddles both won the last CaC, and we decided that he could take the real one. I would do one that wouldn't count. Thanks AxiomBlurr for the win.

Anyways, this is for fun, but I will still grade if anyone wants to do it.

The topic is School-related cards. This could include rulers, crayons, teachers, etc.
I look for creativity and balance, so remember to keep in mind cmc, rarity, things like that, but remember you will probably be more creative if you base your card off of life experiences.

I will be judging based on:
Creativity-10
Balance-10
Flavor-5

Have fun!

Last edited by Marcus675 on Sun May 29, 2016 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marcus675

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging will be a week from today.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With Honors G
Instant U
Each creature with a power equal to it's toughness gets a +1/+1 counter on it.
Perfect balance is like a razor's edge.
The card is based on perfect mark (like 10/10) and perfect balance that will grant you to pass with Honors.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

out of both of these contests this is the only one that makes sense. So therefore the only one I can submit a card for.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pennace-stick
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
out of both of these contests this is the only one that makes sense. So therefore the only one I can submit a card for.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pennace-stick

Aw, I wanted a fun one. Sad
Stucco

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procrastination...........U
Instant.........................C

Tap target creature. If Procrastination was cast during your turn, tap two target creatures instead.

What can be done today can also be done tomorrow.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

School Bully B
Creature - Human

Creatures opponents control gain skulk.
~'s power is X+1, where X is the greatest power among creatures you don't control.

"Names will always hurt you!"

*/1
Grok

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Locker at the End of the Hall -- 2

Artifact - Rare

Whenever another card would go to a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.

When 10 or more cards are exiled by The Locker at the End of the Hall, sacrifice it and return all permanent cards exiled by it to the battlefield under their owners' control.

I keep telling Johnny to stop packing so much junk in his locker, or it's going to burst!
Marcus675

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being more than a week late on judging, but here it goes:

Thelemys-
Creativity-7
Balance-7
Flavor-5

I like the card- It is cheap, simple, and generally good. I would probably assign it to white, and maybe give it just +1/1 instead of a counter to make it fit. Or maybe just have it give first strike to kit with the flavor.

radioactivez-
Creativity-8
Balance-5
Flavor-4

I feel this card is a bit expensive, especially for a rare. If you brought down the cmc/ability cost by one, and it might be better. The second part of the ability might be a bit broken, but it works for the flavor, so I'll go with it.

Stucco-
Creativity-9
Balance-7
Flavor-5

I love this card, as it hits close to home. As a fellow procrastinator, as you can see from my late judging, I found this a big hit. I would only say that the second part of the ability seems a bit broken, saying the card is a one mana common. Overall good job.
Jacois-
Creativity-8
Balance-5
Flavor-3

The card's concept is good, but I feel that it is too much for one mana. If it was 2 or 3 mana, I could see it. Also, I feel like a bully would be tougher, so maybe if you cranked up its toughness to 2 or 3 it could work better.

Grok-
Creativity-10
Balance-5
Flavor-5

I like this card because of how much you can visualize it in your head. I only feel like the second part of the ability is broken, because you could chuck things into your graveyard by discarding, milling, etc., making it nearly impossible to print. You would have to make it mythic rare and pump up its cmc.

So, Jacois wins this. If you want, you can make another unofficial, but its up to you.
Grok

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were judging based on points, why did jacois win? He scored 16 while stucco scored a total of 21.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1