Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 354 - Judged

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: CaC 354 - Judged Reply with quote

Everyone has a favorite Magic set. Maybe it just came out when you first started playing, or you had the most fun drafting it. I want you to design a common for your favorite set. It could be a card that better tells the set's story, or it could support a draft theme that didn't quite get there, or something else of your choice.

I'll be judging based on elegance, flavor, creativity, and printability (would this actually be printed at common?). Check back in a week for results.

Last edited by Grok on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
TheRealPlaty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dragon Winds 3G

Global Enchantment - Common - Scourge

Whenever a dragon enters the battlefield get a 1/1 baby dragon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Because scourge was supposed to be a dragon set and had only 5 dragons Very Happy
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad grok won as the other card seemed weak compared to its lore. Favorite set? Honestly I do not have a favorite set. As I forget most sets the second they are no longer draft legal.

If I had to pick a set I liked overall, not just draftwise it would have to be Avr

Avacyn's favor W
Instant

Prevent the next 3 damage to target creature. If that creature is an Angel you gain 5 life.

Last edited by radioactivez on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to design a cycle of cards for kami block. It was one of the best blocks ever in my opinion for draft and play. It only had one major issue for constrcuted though, you could be green and any combination of colours you liked or mono coloured as no other colour had any other fixing, so two colored decks lacked the necessary consistency to make it at tournament level.

Unspeakable island Land - common

Unspeakable island come's into play tapped. When Unspeakable Island comes into play put the top card of your library into your graveyard.

Tap add U or R to your mana pool.

To find, such an island is one thing to tell of it another.

I would make one in every colour combination like the khans life gain lands, it has interactions with top and other things. This set of lands would have made so many more decks viable in kami block constructed.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started during Legend, a time of World Enchantment, Legend Creatures and a lot of Walls. Walls are a lot underated in MTG and I hate "dead cards". I would like more cards interacting with walls and making them fun, smart and good cards.

Collapsing Rampart 2RR
Instant C
Target creature with defender gains trample and +X/+0 where X is it's toughness. It loses defender. Destroy it at the end of the turn.
A higher wall means more havoc when it collapses.

You can play it against walls of your opponent or in a combo deck with Wall of Tombstones/ for massive damages (inspired by Berserk).

Last edited by Thelemys on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:00 am; edited 4 times in total
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite set is M13, because it's when I started, and that I liked the Exalted mechanic.

General's Aide
1W
Common
Creature-Human Soldier

Exalted

1/3
Stucco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, thanks Lord Cuddles.

Resolve of the Kami......1WW
Sorcery...........................C

Target Spirit creature you control gets +1/+1 for each other Spirit creature you control and gains lifelink until the end of turn.

It began with a whisper. It grew to a roar. In the end, nothing remained.

I loved the flavor of Kamigawa and Betrayers was my favorite of the sets.

Last edited by Stucco on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
Resolve of the Kami......2WW
Sorcery...........................U

Spirit creatures you control get +2/+2 and gain lifelink until the end of turn.

It began with a whisper. It grew to a roar. In the end, nothing remained.

I loved the flavor of Kamigawa and Betrayers was my favorite of the sets.

The rules were Commons only, Stucco. No Uncommons.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite set was The Dark. It was the first set to introduce multicolored noncreature cards. It also included many cards that broke the color pie, blue land destruction, white direct damage etc...

Thorn Light WG

Instant - Common

Target creature gets +1/-1 until end of turn.

Thorn Light deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

Under the sunless dark the blood moon goblins thrived, but the thorns they hated and the light they despised.

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fave set : Ravnica, City of Guilds. I loved the layout, loved the symmetry and distinction between the guilds. Loved how it didn't have evenly split colours unlike almost every set previous. And I loved how it foreshadowed the other 6 guilds to come. I loved the excitement and speculation about what the next 2 sets would bring, and I loved the shocklands! Very Happy

Golgari Familiar BG
Creature - Zombie Frog

Deathtouch
Spells you cast cost B or G less to cast. This effect reduces only the amount of coloured mana you pay. (For example, if you cast an instant with mana cost 1BG, it costs either 1G or 1B to play)
More than any other battleground, the sewers gives the advantage to those who know it best.
1/1
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several favorite sets, but one of the most memorable for me was Scars of Mirrodin. I so wanted the Mirrans to win, stupid Phyrexia.

Cleanse the Blood 1W

Instant [Common]

Remove two counters of a type of your choice from target player or permanent.

Draw a card.
McDonalds

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The McDonald's Corporation's favorite set is, of course, the Limited Edition Yellow-Bordered McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It!" Expansion, co-created by McDonald's, Magic-League, and Wizards of the Coast. For those of you who have had the pleasure of playing it, the set is designed to be drafted in your local McDonald's while eating a meal. The Chicken tribal deck lacked a common mid-sized creature that used its main mechanic - Chicken McNuggets. Here is our card:

Chicken Licken - 3R - Creature - Chicken - Common

Whenever Chicken Licken deals combat damage to an opponent, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Use Chicken McNuggets as counters.

3/2

I hope you brought sleeves!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more?
kamphgruppe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite set was Onslaught, I still love any tribal set. I fell in love with the beasts right away and had great success over the years playing many variants of beast.

Beast Caller G1 (Common)

Creature - Human Druid

Tap Sacrifice Beast Caller: Search your library for a Beast card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

2/2

Eddstone was said to be impenetrable. Grog spilled his blood in the middle of the town square. They will soon find out.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to judge?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2