Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 352 Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: CaC 352 Judged Reply with quote

Okey dokey, here we go!

kenny18O wrote:
lim_dul response UU phyrexian/U

rare-instant

counter target spell, you lose 2 life.

draw a card

yeah, that's pretty neat I guess. It's a Counterspell that makes you pay 4 life. *yawn* B

radioactivez wrote:
Tomb of Lost Spark

Rare Land
Tap symbol: Add (<>) to your pool
Tap symbol: Add 2 mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool. You may only spend this mana on a planeswalker spell.
Tap symbol: You may sacrifice ~ return target planeswalker card from your graveyard to your hand.

Probably too op. Not very flavourful. Pretty boring tbh. C

OctoOoze wrote:
Garden of the Elves 2G
Uncommon - Tribal Enchantment - Elves

Whenever a creature with power 1 or less enters the battlefield under your control, search your library for a basic land and put it into play tapped then shuffle your library.

3 mana enchantment that lets you get forests when you play little creatures. *yawn* C

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Hold On
Instant
Rare
Mana Cost: U

Counter target spell. If the spell would go into a graveyard, instead it gains suspend. Exile the card and put two time counters on it.

"You wouldn't mind if you waited a bit, would you?"

Love the name, fits the card nicely. But it pretty much already exists as a 1U spell in Time Spiral. C

Stucco wrote:
Rambling Cogwheel.......3
Artifact............................R

T: Add 1 to your mana pool. If this is the first time you've activated this ability this turn, untap Rambling Cogwheel.

1: Rambling Cogwheel becomes a 2/2 Artifact creature until the end of turn.

A sentient piece of a much larger being.

Absolutely amazing. Very well done. I thought the first ability was neat, then when I read the 2nd ability I didn't get it and it just felt tacked on. Then it hit me. That's my kinda card. Very clever. A+

Thelemys wrote:
Wall of Bamboos 1G
Creature - Plant U
Defender
Regeneration G
Whenever you cast a creature, you may tap Wall of Bamboos. If you do, untap a Forest you control.
The bamboo survives by bending with the wind. Bruce Lee
0/3

Seems a little wordy with all those abilities, but whatever, I really like it. I like the originality of how it produces extra mana, and it doesn't lend well to infinite combos with it tapping for the effect. Very good job! Hate the Bruce Lee quote though. A

AlexPistols wrote:
Vengeance of Ancestors
Uncommon
R2
Instant
Vengeance of ancestors deal X damage to target player, where X is number of creatures you control that died this turn
Every soul will avenge once

Terrible. E-

skeven wrote:
Endless decent into ruin
2BB mytic
Sorcery

Destroy target creature or planeswalker
If that controller has a creature and a planeswalker in play
Destroy all creatures and planeswalkers instead

Neat, original, and the flavour makes absolutely zero sense. B

triplekriz wrote:
Good Knight my Fair Lady
WW Uncommon
Creature- Knight Cleric

Sacrifice Good Knight my Fair Lady: Target permanent drawn by a female artist has protection from everything this turn.

You never know when you'll need protection.

3/2
Artist: Terese Nielsen

Lame. G-

kamphgruppe wrote:
Source of Evil (uncommon) 1B
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Land
Enchanted land is a Basic Swamp
When enchanted land becomes tapped sacrifice Source of Evil and enchanted lands controller sacrifices a creature.

Paggo knew the nasty swamp in the middle of his beautiful forest was where the evil came from, he also knew many would die to remove this foul blight from his lands.

Yeah... that's kinda neat I guess... Kinda hard to wrap my head around as to whether it's good or not. But it's original. Would have liked to have seen a rarity... A-

KnowN wrote:
Lawless Furnace
1R (Rare)
Sorcery

Lawless Furnace Deal 5 Damage to target Creature or Player and deals 3 damage to you and all creatures you control.

"Laws need only apply to the non disintegrated"

Yeah, kinda original. Pretty lame and boring though. I don't understand why a furnace is lawless... B

ShamedShadow wrote:
Frozen Aetherpool

Land - Plains Island [Rare]

(T: Add W or U to your mana pool.)

As Frozen Aetherpool enters the battlefield, you may exile a white or blue card from your hand. If you don't, Frozen Aetherpool enters the battlefield tapped.

Sowing seeds in the Aether reaps great rewards.

Well, it's definately original, and definately horrible. C-

Biggestpcats wrote:
Avacyn's Revenge 1WR

Sorcery

Rare

Target creature gains protection from red until end of turn.
Avacyn's Revenge deals 3 damage to each creature and player.
If a Human would die this way, exile it instead it.

Avacyn wanted to kill them all, but one was special enough to live.

No gold cards. F

Grok wrote:
I thought the standard timeline was a week between each contest and judging? I think that gives people enough time to submit entries at their leisure without anyone losing interest in the contest, because a new challenge goes up every 7 days. Anyway, I was going to take more time to think about this one because you gave so many options, but then I saw that you are judging today so I rushed to submit a design.

Gerrymander -- 1GG

Creature - Salamander - Uncommon

When Gerrymander enters the battlefield, choose a basic land type. Search your library for a land card of the chosen type and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.

Each land has the same basic land type as the chosen land type in addition to its other land types.

1/1

I have discovered a new species that will secure my place in the history books of biology. It will also secure a place in my heart; he's just so cute! - Gerry, Ravnican Zoologist

I judge when people stop submitting. Pretty neat card I guess. Not very inspiring... B

And the obvious winner is Stucco with Rambling Cogwheel! I even love the name. What a great card. I want one. Very Happy
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG STucco! Post next Today please!!

these things are sooooo needed at my work...

PS: your card was great!
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ GROK

Do you Hearthstone? If so You beat me today with a hunter deck in arena...i was playing paladin..lolol! knife juggler unleash the hounds in arena! u cheeky cheeky hunter!
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst judging attempt...all his answers were quick and simple not much thought into his reasoning. Also why it is the cards that win these would never be pickable in drafts? is that just me? You say my card is op... the original that I submitted months ago had the ability to put the walker directly into play instead........I clipped the power a bunch. also this bit of text was added and no one said : "rules updated" (meaning a dual land, not necessarily 2 at the same time)... Because I would have tweaked mine more as I did not like having to add 2 mana. I am not mad just changing the rules mid-contest without telling people who submitted early seems botched. I like The other judges better as they explain things more.
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
Worst judging attempt...all his answers were quick and simple not much thought into his reasoning. Also why it is the cards that win these would never be pickable in drafts? is that just me? You say my card is op... the original that I submitted months ago had the ability to put the walker directly into play instead........I clipped the power a bunch. also this bit of text was added and no one said : "rules updated" (meaning a dual land, not necessarily 2 at the same time)... Because I would have tweaked mine more as I did not like having to add 2 mana. I am not mad just changing the rules mid-contest without telling people who submitted early seems botched. I like The other judges better as they explain things more.

F
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
radioactivez wrote:

F

Well Met! lol Judging style is up to the judge... well played Jacois - Im posting the next if the winner does not hurry up!
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice laugh. I get it. Insult me all you like... I strike back and I am the douche bag...Well played.... *Smack*
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg all, go next

internet is not a serious business
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all good thelemys. I am used to it being everyone against me. Thats what teams are right? Everyone against the 1 lone individual. I take on that role. I take on the role of Revenant. It suits me, and I like how it fits. Bring It on!!
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay as much as I hate grammar nazis and it's always a case of no your not clever, your schooled, intelligence is reflected in the argument itself not your spelling of the argument. But your argument does have to be readable.

One very easy way of making an argument more readable is paragraphs. Spell stuff as terribly as you like but please learn to use paragraphs. It will make your points so much more digestible.
Stucco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jacois! Will post next when I get home this evening.
kenny18O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
kenny18O wrote:
lim_dul response UU phyrexian/U

rare-instant

counter target spell, you lose 2 life.

draw a card

yeah, that's pretty neat I guess. It's a Counterspell that makes you pay 4 life. *yawn* B

yeah a 3 mana artifact that make 2 mana, so much balanced.

nothing against you stucco, but that judging was ....

i probably miss the part in counterspell were you draw a card ...
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know, Right kenny it felt like he picked a clear winner and no longer cared about the other cards.
Stucco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that people complain about my card assuming it would be printed for constructed. Not sure if you've noticed, but Commander has been a target audience for years now and gets its own sets. But hey, once you convince yourself that you've been victimized in a pretend competition, common sense should not be expected. Cheers.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1