Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 351 - Judged

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll judge tomorrow, March 24th.
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelemys wrote:
Split second and cannot be countered are the same no?
Split second spell can be countered by triggered abilities. Spells that cannot be countered can be removed from the stack (Venser, Shaper Savant and Mindbreak Trap) to prevent them from resolving.
OctoOoze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruins of the Forge
Land - Mythic Rare

Tap: Add R to your mana pool. Ruins of the Forge deals 1 damage to you.

2R Tap: Put a 1/1 goblin creature token onto the battlefield.

4R Tap: Sacrifice any number of goblins, Ruins of the Forge deals damage to target creature equal to the number of goblins sacrificed. If a creature delt damage this way dies, transform Ruins of the Forge

Kuldotha, Reborn
Planeswalker - Kuldotha

+1 Sacrifice an artifact, Search your library for an artifact with converted mana cost equal to 1 plus the sacrificed artifacts converted mana cost and put it into play. Shuffle your library

-2 Kuldotha Reborn deals damage to target creature equal to the number of artifacts you control.

-7 Kuldotha Reborn deals 7 damage to each creature. Search your library for an artifact and put it into play for each creature that died this way. Shuffle your library.

Starts with 4 loyalty.
I have no idea if she's overpowered or underpowered or just right.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShamedShadow wrote:
I'll judge tomorrow, March 24th.
Orly xD
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, here we go. Sorry for the delay, I overestimated how much I could get done in one sitting. Just in case, I'll restate the challenge here:

ShamedShadow wrote:
For this Create a Card, create a removal spell. Cards will be judged on printability, flavor, and creativity.

And now, on to the judging.

Duodax wrote:
Ice Beam UU

Instant - UC

Ice Beam deals 3 damage to target creature or player. A creature dealt damage by Ice Beam does not untap during its controller's next untap step.

Printability: 5/5
Flavor: 7/10
Creativity: 3/5
Total: 15

Perfectly printable, and the flavor matches what an ice beam would do. Kinda like a blue Searing Blaze or somesuch.

Wrinkle22 wrote:
Punishment of the master

Cost 2Bb

Enchantment-aura

As PotM enters the battle field pay 3 life

You control enchanted creature. Enchanted creature deals double damage to its owner.

If enchanted creature would die exile it and return PotM to hand

Printability: 2/5
Flavor: 6/10
Total: 11

This is a really, really pushed Control Magic. Borderline broken. The flavor is a bit hard to read into, but I guess I understand how it works.

AlexPistols wrote:
*Removal_spell*
B
Uncommon
Instant
As an additional cost to play removal spell, pay x life
Target creature gets -x/-x until end of turn

Flavor: 3/10
Creativity: 2/5
Total: 10

It's pretty lazy to submit a card without a name, but I see what you're going for even if there's really no flavor to judge as a result. This feels a lot like a functional reprint of Vendetta as well.

Biggestpcats wrote:
Traitor's Curse 3BB

Rare

Choose target creature an opponent controls, that creature fights target creature they control. Repeat this until the original creature dies.

They never saw it coming until it was to late. -Mistress Vangela, Master Strategist

Printability: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Total: 14

Mechanically I'm not sure how this is supposed to be worded - but that's probably because there isn't a card like this already. As far as printability goes, it's hard to judge. Having one of your creatures take out multiple of an opponent's creatures is good, but at 5 mana it seems fine.

radioactivez wrote:
Banish 1WB
Rare-Instant
When casting Banish chose one or both.
Exile target creature on the battlefield from the game.
Exile target creature card from a graveyard.

Sorin had finally had it and just Erased Avacyn From existence.

Printability: 3/5
Flavor: 5/10

Okay, we get it. Sorin killed Avacyn - I think that horse has been done to death at this point. This is just a more narrow version of Anguished Unmaking.

kamphgruppe wrote:
Tentacles from the Deep UB (common)

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature

Enchanted Creature does not untap during it's controllers untap phase. At the beginning of your upkeep put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature.

The Aegis suddenly lurched and was dragged backwards against the wind. Grog was not sure if it was one creature or many but the Aegis was a mass of writhing tentacles. It didn't take long for her to disappear beneath the waves.

Flavor: 8/10
Total: 16

A slow, crushing grip of tentacles. I like it. Nicely done.

johnpyp wrote:
Evidence of the Guilty 1WB
Instant - R
As an additional cost to cast ~, exile target permanent card from a graveyard.

Exile target card with the same type as the card exiled from a graveyard.

Flint gave up on the trial, but Soro never did. Only 1 year later that Flint was in jail and his brother mysteriously missing from the grave.

Another Anguished Unmaking. Yawn.

Grok wrote:
Rocket Jump - UR

Instant - Rare

As an additional cost to cast Rocket Jump, return a creature you control to its owner's hand.

Rocket Jump deals damage to target creature or player equal to the converted mana cost of the returned creature.

Grog watched in awe as the enemy he was about to bash with a club rocketed into the sky. He greatly enjoyed the view until he realized that the force of the launch had left him without legs.

Total: 13

This is a... weird, weird Fling. Great in Izzet colors, especially when combined with enter the battlefield effects.

Shomotion wrote:
Inspiring Sacrifice 3BW

Sorcery - Rare

Target creature's controller sacrifices it. Creatures you control gain your choice of haste, first strike, trample, or lifelink until end of turn.

After the vampire king drank the blood of the humans' leader, the vampire attack was so fierce it seemed that this one death had nourished them all.

This is pretty cool as a way to make your team awesome while killing your opponent's biggest threat. Having options is also always nice.

Thelemys wrote:
Make dust or eat dust 4
Tribal Sorcery - Eldrazi R
Exchange control of target colorless permanent you own and a colorless permanent an opponent control.
Little things make little difference. Big things make big difference.

Printability: No/5
Flavor: No/10
Creativity: No/5

Not removal - this will more often than not hit lands - but a cool card anyway.

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Light Blight WBB

Sorcery - Rare

Each player sacrifices X permanents, where X is the amount of life you have gained this turn.

Only Sigarda stands between us and the power of corrupted illumination.

This seems really strong, especially at only 3 mana. Maybe a bit too cheap? I'd expect something like this at 4 or 5 mana, especially when you can use something like Martyr of Sands first to wipe the board.

Stucco wrote:
Leap Into the Blind Eternities.......1WU
Instant..............U

Choose One - Counter target noncreature spell; or the owner of target nonland noncreature permanent shuffles it into his or her library.

With a single step, Jace disappeared from view.

Flavor: 4/10

This is non-creature removal, so it fits the criteria I guess. I don't know how I feel about the flavor of a planeswalker going into the Blind Eternities though - I was under the impression that they couldn't or absolutely didn't want to go there.

Jinete_dV wrote:
(3) Jace's Interrogation
Artifact

You may choose to not untap Jace's Interrogation during your untap step.

{U}{T}: Tap target creature, it does not untap in it's controller's untap step for as long as Jace's Interrogation remains tapped. Activate this ability only if the creature's power is equal to or less than the number of card's in it's controller's graveyard.

"I don't know what he does once that door's locked, but no one comes out the same." - Tamiyo

Total: 12

With the name being what it is, I feel like this would be better suited as an Enchantment. As an artifact, it should be something like "Interrogation Chair". Otherwise it's an interesting form of removal that aspires to be Vedalken Shackles.

McDonalds wrote:
Unsavory Banquet - B
Instant - Mythic

Eat target card. If you do, target opponent may eat another target card. (You may use McDonald's brand condiments.)

Our lawyers have assured us that yes, you may eat the delicious cards, but only if you share.
]

Stay strong, McDonalds. You'll get your chance eventually.

Jacois wrote:
Voodooism 2B
Sorcery *Uncommon*

Search your library for a creature card and put it into your graveyard.
Destroy target creature.

Flavor: 8/10
Creativity: 5/5
Total: 17

Entomb + Murder. Cool. I don't know anything about Voodooism except what I've heard, so I'm not sure I can really judge the flavor, although it seems like it fits.

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Just because I feel like making a broken card. Not removal, but it gets the threat out of the way.

Crowned Winner
Instant
Common

Split Second
Crowned Winner cannot be countered.
There is no restriction to the amount of copies of Crowned Winner in your deck.

The game ends. You win the game.

Not removal.

OctoOoze wrote:
Ruins of the Forge
Land - Mythic Rare

Tap: Add R to your mana pool. Ruins of the Forge deals 1 damage to you.

2R Tap: Put a 1/1 goblin creature token onto the battlefield.

4R Tap: Sacrifice any number of goblins, Ruins of the Forge deals damage to target creature equal to the number of goblins sacrificed. If a creature delt damage this way dies, transform Ruins of the Forge

Kuldotha, Reborn
Planeswalker - Kuldotha

+1 Sacrifice an artifact, Search your library for an artifact with converted mana cost equal to 1 plus the sacrificed artifacts converted mana cost and put it into play. Shuffle your library

-2 Kuldotha Reborn deals damage to target creature equal to the number of artifacts you control.

-7 Kuldotha Reborn deals 7 damage to each creature. Search your library for an artifact and put it into play for each creature that died this way. Shuffle your library.

Starts with 4 loyalty.

Creativity: 5/5

A land that turns into a planeswalker. Odd, but okay. It definitely has the removal part, so creativity is spot on. The formatting of the transform clause needs to be fixed so that the Planeswalker side actually enters the battlefield, otherwise this just flips, sees it has no loyalty, and immediately dies.

-------

Winner is Jacois, with Voodooism. Runner up is kamphgruppe, with Tentacles from the Deep.
Grok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShamedShadow wrote:

Duodax wrote:
Ice Beam UU

Instant - UC

Ice Beam deals 3 damage to target creature or player. A creature dealt damage by Ice Beam does not untap during its controller's next untap step.

Perfectly printable, and the flavor matches what an ice beam would do. Kinda like a blue Searing Blaze or somesuch.

I was a little disappointed with how little explanation you gave for each card, but I found this one in particular to be baffling. You gave a card that literally breaks the color pie a 5/5 for printability? Why? A card like this would never be printed outside of Planar Chaos.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also i was not just an anguished unmaking i was more as i Also allowed players to exile cards from the yard. not to mention Counterspells DID not work

Last edited by radioactivez on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree about duodax's submission, wizards are making removal weaker and weaker and weaker and more circumstantial with every set that comes out. This might have been printable when searing blaze was printed, in a planar chaos like set but this is 2016 and they do not print removal like that anymore.

I also think the spell would prove to be stronger than lightning helix.
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Voodooism because it doesn't require the creature you're putting into your grave to be similar to the creature you're destroying in anyway.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is a Control Magic not a removal?
My card is perfect against lands, artifacts and eldraz Sad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3