Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 346 (JUDGED)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Grok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prison of Kuldotha

Land -- Rare

Tap, reveal the bottom card of your library: You may add one mana that shares a color with the revealed card to your mana pool. If you don't, add <> to your mana pool instead.

Tap: The next time target creature would leave the battlefield this turn, put it on the bottom of its owner's library instead.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamiyo's Dreidel 3

Artifact [Uncommon]

2, T: Reveal the bottom card of your library. Scry X, where X is the converted Mana cost of the revealed card.

Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShamedShadow wrote:
Tamiyo's Dreidel 3

Artifact [Uncommon]

2, T: Reveal the bottom card of your library. Scry X, where X is the converted Mana cost of the revealed card.

How would this be useful if bottom card was a land by chance? without ability to change this could be bad
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to judge?
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
ShamedShadow wrote:
Tamiyo's Dreidel 3

Artifact [Uncommon]

How would this be useful if bottom card was a land by chance? without ability to change this could be bad

He never said the card had to be good, and there are plenty of effects that let you shuffle or scry or put cards on the bottom of your library. Presumably this would be a card designed for limited and not necessarily a constructed playable card.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShamedShadow wrote:
radioactivez wrote:
ShamedShadow wrote:
Tamiyo's Dreidel 3

Artifact [Uncommon]

He never said the card had to be good, and there are plenty of effects that let you shuffle or scry or put cards on the bottom of your library. Presumably this would be a card designed for limited and not necessarily a constructed playable card.

As it stands this would not be playable in limited, unless there were ways to shuffle in the same format and even then this would be a unpickable.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
ShamedShadow wrote:
radioactivez wrote:
ShamedShadow wrote:
Tamiyo's Dreidel 3

Artifact [Uncommon]

As it stands this would not be playable in limited, unless there were ways to shuffle in the same format and even then this would be a unpickable.

Ok, then what changes would you make to make it playable?
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShamedShadow wrote:
radioactivez wrote:
ShamedShadow wrote:
radioactivez wrote:
ShamedShadow wrote:
Tamiyo's Dreidel 3

Artifact [Uncommon]

Ok, then what changes would you make to make it playable?

Give the player a way to change the bottom card if its a land. maybe something like adding the following ability.

"1:you may put the bottom card of your library on top of your library, activate this ability only if the revealed card is a land."
IvanDano

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging come up later today. Thanks to all for participating!
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judging?
McDonalds

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McTapas
UR
Enchantment
Rare

When McTapas enters the battlefield, purchase any item from the McDonald's menu and place it on the bottom of your library.

If you would draw a card and the McDonald's item is on top of your library, you may eat it instead. If you do, you win the game.

At the beginning of your upkeep, Scry 1.

In traditional Spanish cuisine, tapas are the savory foods used to cover drinks to keep out flies. They have since evolved into an entire culture of fancy bar snacks. McDonald's is proud to introduce tapas to customers and Magic players. I'm Lovin' It!
IvanDano

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Judgement Reply with quote

Time for Judging:

Johnpvp - Dark Temptation

Nice idea. The card uses a similar mechanic as Outpost Siege to exile the bottom card of the library and place a temptation counter on it to "suspend" the card. I know you meant the same in the same part of the card so no harm there, but the only problem is that the choice could be any target card exiled with a temptation counter. You can literally use this card to stack your hand as each exiled card becomes part of your hand and get any option to deal with your opponent's moves just for 3 life. I feel this card should be more like Let's Make A Deal where you can take curtain #1 or the sure thing in #2 but it'll cost you and have no way of turning back once a choice is made. Still a nice card idea! 3/5

kenny18O - darker confident

Ah yes, the Bob from Exile and this one is interesting because instead of power, you get to draw cards. I don't think it's that bad of an idea. 2B makes it a bit more difficult to stick on the battlefield. Most Magic cards tend to gravitate that you take damage to draw cards so why should this one change the mold? With so many Scry and other abilities to place the cards you want on the bottom of your library, it wouldn't be surprising to put a Blightsteel Colossus, Draco or other high converted mana cost card to literally end the game on a draw. Imagine a Clone or just playing a second. The only problem is that nobody would be interested in seeing the game end on the draw step. 3/5

Thelemys - Reluctant Destiny

Now this could be the Cryptic Command in a Ratchet Bomb shell for those who need to clear the way of some heavy aggro or Tangle Wire to prevent controlling artifacts from continuing to plague the board for a turn. The ability to exile a card and tap not only creatures but other permanents could even lend itself to tap Planeswalkers from attacking. It could even stop combos that blink creatures such as Kiki-Jiki/Restoration Angel. It all depends if you have the right card on the bottom so it's no guarantee. I like this card a whole lot because it gives a solution to some of the problems, but doesn't guarantee a complete one. 4/5

Biggestpcats - Past Sight

A little on the wordy side but completely understood as if any cards drawn besides the first on the draw step are now drawn from the bottom of the library. Looks neat but at 4 mana and probably an Enchantment, it's going to take a lot to get this going for you and by then, you and your opponents have probably already drawn cards for this to be usable. 2/5

kamphgruppe - Grasp the Future

A Simic Enchantment that could be great in Infect or Boggles to bring back creatures since that seems to be the biggest problem for those decks if they are removed or sacrificed. It can completely rebuild an army with the third part of this card and the cost and sorcery speed is great to not make it abusive. The second part of the card is a little hard to understand and at that point both parts of the deck now are available as a resource. It's not a bad card. The first ability to see the top 4 cards is a little weird to be added additionally since the other two already seem to work just fine. 3/5

Duodax - Mindstorm
What can you say, another re-branding of an old favorite. Of course, this version actually would fix much of the abuse of Brainstorm with placing those cards on the bottom of the library, but it also speeds a person through their deck just for one mana. I'm just a little surprised with a name like Mindstorm, you didn't look at Mindstorm Crown and apply something to it to make it gel, but I'll take a reliable card any day. 4/5

Jacois - Warping Conduit

Impressed greatly that you choose Conduit within the name which makes this a stellar card idea. Conduit of Ruin, Power Conduit and even Soul Conduit each affect the game in their own way. This card does that by flipping the table and making all players top card revealed throughout the game. Knowledge is Power and this gives everyone an equal shot. I think the explanation about cards being drawn from the top of the deck is nice to remind players, but I think it would be self explanatory. Now the only problem is what happens when your shuffling your library or your opponents since you and your opponents can clearly see what card will be "on the top" of the deck. That is the only errata needed to fix this card otherwise it was a sure thing. 4/5

AxiomBlurr - Mystic of Jwar Isle

This is a great card in taking an idea from a previous one and making it interesting to play on the lore. The idea to look at the bottom card of the library and being able to draw it is genius. The flavor text is very powerful and resonates to the card. There really is no draw backs to being gifted a noncreature card each turn possibly if it survives and that seems a little bullying if you ask me. Even Narset has to attack or Snapcaster has to be at least cast to make that happen. For U, it is a little overpowering because the benefits are almost immediate. Other than that, this is another exceptional addition to this challenge. 4/5

derflippi - Graveyard Keeper

This is a very funny card. From the flavor text to the actual ability, this card could be a great way to thin the deck in Limited and could also be a body for 3 mana. Weird that it produces a 2/2 Black Zombie and is almost Cellar Door with the exception that it's a creature itself and the ability just went from 3 to free along with naming a card and exiling the bottom card of the library. I still don't understand why a Zombie would be produced by exiling a card so I find a little disconnect in that. 3/5

radioactivez - Harvester of Beyond

Another re-do of a previous card in Courser of Kruphix but with a nice adjustment. Taking lands from the bottom of the deck is great because when your searching your library for lands and shuffling, you really are now getting the meat of your deck on top and not your resources which are always abundant (Hopefully that is the case if you put enough lands in there). 1/4 makes the card stick around on the battlefield and because it is multi-color; it provides even more protection. The ability for two generic mana makes it great, but also a problem. In getting lands from both the bottom and top of the library, you can literally cycle the deck to activate this ability many times through the game. Also, Beyond is a term generally for something supernatural so the name doesn't feel right, but still a great creature. 4/5

Stucco - Necromancer's Gambit

I think you're playing with my love of the word Gambit and that's a good choice. This is a completely creative card in which you really want to maximize spells or minimize the amount of creatures in your deck so that you can potentially get a huge Zombie onto the battlefield. At four mana, it sits well to allow the opponent and opportunity to respond to your potential threat. Also, since there is no guarantee on where you will stop revealing cards and exiling them, you can really limit your deck. It does draw the imagine of a warlock offering souls to a dormant evil. 4/5

Grok - Prison of Kuldotha

A land is something I would never have expected and I enjoy the fact you provided this example. The smart decision in the first ability to allow the production of colorless mana allows for play of all creatures, both past and present. The second ability to tap to place a creature whether bounced, destroyed or exiled and place it on the bottom of the library adds the opportunity to gain the right mana you need or as a defensive/offensive measure to remove any creature from the battlefield and placing it back into the controller's library. Kuldotha generally believes in the practice of sacrificing souls to the Steel Mother so the second ability seems distant from the lore and a prison would normally detain these creatures in a fixed location not to return to the battlefield, but the card does have some appeal. 3/5

ShamedShadow - Tamiyo's Dreidel

The card is definitely is a fun and creative card. An artifact for 3 mana that allows the person to look at the top cards of the deck can provide an opportunity to set up plays in the long run. The interaction between the top and bottom of the deck makes good use of the library as a whole. X gets to the be the symbol literally of the dreidel and chooses the amount of cards you get to Scry. Dreidel is the term often used for decks using the top of the deck strategies only because of Sensei's Diving Top and other cards referencing the top of the deck so the name can be a bit misleading. Is it playable in every format? No but it provides something else you can do with your deck and your mana that most times you wish you had the opportunity. 3/5

And that's it.. well I guess we can do one more:

McDonalds - McTapas

Ah yes, Tapas! Now food is my true weakness and this one just made me hungry. If you get your menu item on top of your deck, you win the game...NO YOU JUST WON AT LIFE! PERIOD! Now this card does what Hedron Alignment needs four to do and has a similar Scry mechanic which already pays for itself guess thanks to the company sponsoring and marketing campaigns (Wizards wink,wink). I find that a bit unconvincing, but the biggest drawback is the use of traditional Mcdonald items. Why not use items from Spain if mentioned in the flavor text. Why not add a flavor taste! How about Chorizo breakfast sandwiches, Empanadillas or Croquetas for those Empanada or Hot Pocket affictionandos or yummy Bacalao fish sandwiches. All not hard to incorporate and really tease on the pallet. It's not any different than having a Maharaja Mac in India, Bubur Ayam in Maylasia and the Kiwi Burger in New Zealand. I think that would make this card over the top. Also, tapas generally are appetizers/snacks to allow you to try a lot of the cuisine so I expected the card to incorporate that as well! 3/5 for just one item to choose!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A lot of great cards to choose from and I thank everyone for participating! There were no bad cards at all! You can see my favorites by the scores, but I felt that it came down to three, AxiomBlur, Thelemys and Jacois. Winner is Thelemys and runner-up is AxiomBlur. It was very close, but the choice was simply that one card would leave the game in a situation it could not fix and the other would put the player going first a bigger advantage without a cost to it.

Last edited by IvanDano on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:16 pm; edited 16 times in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG all go next
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only named it "Harvester from beyond" because the bottom of the library is usually a forbidden place. Something we rarely have access to. I awas also trying to improve courser and make a Good version Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2