Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 341 (JUDGED)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
IvanDano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sleeping, I did say end of the week.
IvanDano

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently I did not realize I did not say at the end of next week so I apologize... now for the judging.

Thelemys - Second Life

This artifact has the nice effect of generating a face/down creature and then causing an effect if it is destroyed and the Tolken reference is a huge plus, but the card doesn't meet the challenge in the first line when it reveals that card to your opponents. You can also kinda keep track of which face-down is which by writing it down. 2/5

Jinete_dV -Do You Know What I Know?
A favorite card of mine playing when I first started in Magic was Cursed Scroll and this card reminds me of that. Great idea of taking look at the card on the top of the deck and having an interaction with the opponent. What I don't understand is the choice that the opponent gets a bigger benefit than you do if they are correct and also the idea of the CaC was to allow the opponent to reveal the card. It's also not mentioned in the card that it has to be revealed at all and just if the guess is correct. 3/5

radioactivez - Looking Glass
FYI, that Vanilla was the correct choice but I won't hold that against you Cool

Again, the right idea and direction with this card and similar to the one before it. I feel that the 5 life may outweigh the 2 life in the long run, but still feels a bit more balanced than the one previous. The reveal is mentioned here, but the challenge still asks for the opponent. 3/5

Grok - Secret Spoils
A beautiful play on words there and I would have expected Conspiracy as the obvious choice and direction for this challenge. Will of the Council works well here and allows the choice for both players to decide what to do going forward and then add a cherry on top with some flavor text from the Princess Bride and it is genius. But it is INCONCEIVABLE that these cards be placed in exile face-down and if Secrets gets chosen, you just draw two cards and for the rest of the game these cards are facedown in your exile. I did say opportunity for an opponent, but basically you can choose to vote the opposite and draw cards all day. The other problem I have is that cards need to be revealed in all zones to prevent "cheating" so having cards completely face-down throughout the game will not work. 4/5

ShamedShadow - Cunning of the Flamecaller

Obliterate meets Warp World in this one and I love the fact that it is certainly a game changer to invest all that mana into it. Surely an EDH card, the game is placed in the hands of the opponents to decide if they want the interest of the player who cast the card or what they have on the board. The same problem with face-down cards in the exiled zone and it doesn't mention the cards exiled by Cunning of the Flamecaller but cards exiled from the library. A little ambiguity might affect which cards get returned to the battlefield, but I understand it as the card. Even with all that reveal, if anyone makes the choice not to take the new gamble, it basically wipes the game clean and I'm sure if your highly invested in a game, starting from the beginning will not keep that interest. 3/5

OctoOoze - Guessing Game
A nice open card for multiplayer gaming, the game makes it interesting to choose a card to exile with the intent of getting that card. It also allows each opponent the opportunity the chance to be rewarded or hurt by their decisions. Revealing the exiled card does spoil some of the fun from what's lurking around the corner for the opponent in his hand. I understand the wording was an issue but the general idea was there. I would like to see it a little earlier in the game by reducing the mana cost so it would allow each player with cards in hand because sometimes by that point you may be out, but overall fits well. 4/5

digikma - Breath of the Fortunes
Great use of the new mana symbol and what a way to make the game interesting. 5 cards face down and basically a game of chicken on who blinks first, but you clearly have the advantage as the person who cast this card and the information you know from looking at the face-down cards previously. Do you play aggressive and have them overbid on a set of bad cards or go soft for the bomb awaiting hidden? Ante hasn't been in the game for a while and a great way to bring it back in a way that is different and best of all you don't lose any cards. Getting 5 cards onto the battlefield regards of mana cost is a little overpowering for a game you may only get two or three spells at the most a turn, but fair for the cost of life. 4/5

mathgeek87-Whirlpool of Futures
The bottom of the library gets a lot of use and mentions in cards but nothing gets done to draw cards from the bottom of the library. There are several cards that could benefit from drawing from the bottom of the deck and combos surely can be made from it to guarantee the cards you would want in your next draw step. The idea of having the opponent ensure that a card gets placed into your hand is a huge drawback when the library is a constant source of your survival. The issue is with the CaC that only one player should know the secret and that I'm unsure if after drawing the card that the third text line could interrupt the second. 3/5

McDonalds-Goblin Highroller
McDonalds must know of my affinity for Goblin shenanigans and three Big Macs any day sounds like a great idea! A game of Russian Roulette where the players will be forced to eat the hot sauce! If you only have two players, that means someone is getting two Macs a piece. Only problems I have is that if this was Sirachi or pepper sauce we might have a real winner, but having tried Habanero Hot Hot Hot! Sauce it's not that spicy so you might get the latter.
Also, where is the royalties owed by McDonalds to Magic-League for the constant references on this page and many others to influence and freely advertise their products without any form of payment. Heck, even free McD's would be great! I think the ML legal department should jump at this STAT! 2/5

The best looks for this CaC was Grok for his interesting use of the challenge for the challenge, OctoOoze for creating multiple secrets to be revealed and possibly spoiling the fun of others and Digikma for the use of the new colorless mana symbol and a card that provided a new use for ante and a new type of card.

There can be only one winner and that is OctoOoze for providing a card that fit all the elements of this challenge and creating a interesting set of choices for both the caster of this card and the opponents.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My card generate a secret for me (I don't see the cards) and not for the opponent (I show him the card). I could have made it the other way but imo it would have been too powerful.

I don't see where I don't meet the criterias.
IvanDano

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Life 5
Artifact R
3 : Reveal the top card of your library to your opponents, then cast it face down as a 2/2 creature.

Create a card that generates a secret known by only one player...
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so it only works in 2 players game, I understand now.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2