Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 342 (Judged)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
OctoOoze

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: CaC 342 (Judged) Reply with quote

Create a card that has a win the game effect (ex. Hedron Alignment, Biovisionary)
I'll judge sometime next week, probably between the 17th and the 20th
Good luck!

EDIT: Congrats to the winner, grok with Mirror Victory!
Also good job to Thelemys and derflippi for getting runner-up!

Last edited by OctoOoze on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
digikma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold the Fort
3WU
Enchantment

Hexproof

Hold the Fort enters the battlefield with 5 fate counters on it. While Hold the Fort has a fate counter on it, you may not cast spells or activate abilities other than mana abilities. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a fate counter from Hold the Fort. When Hold the Fort has no fate counters remaining, you win the game.
johnpyp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digikma wrote:
Hold the Fort
3WU
Enchantment

Hexproof

Hold the Fort enters the battlefield with 5 fate counters on it. While Hold the Fort has a fate counter on it, you may not cast spells or activate abilities other than mana abilities. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a fate counter from Hold the Fort. When Hold the Fort has no fate counters remaining, you win the game.

Your card design never fails to impress me.
johnpyp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treaty of the Devils
2BB
Enchantment

Hexproof, Indestructible

Treaty of the Devils enters the battlefield with 5 life counters.

When Treaty of the Devils enters the battlefield, target opponent gains control of it.

Remove a life counter from Treaty of the Devils: Target player loses 2 life.

At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a life counter from Treaty of the Devils. When there are no life counters on Treaty of the Devils, your opponent wins the game.

Note: Should be you lose the game, but the challenge specifies that there must be a "win the game" clause.

Last edited by johnpyp on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
digikma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnpyp wrote:
digikma wrote:
Hold the Fort
3WU
Enchantment

Hexproof

Your card design never fails to impress me.

It does what the card says. Hold the fort. Hunker down with whatever resources you have and if you can survive it, you win. =D
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heist Matrons - BB
Creature - Human Advisor (Rare)
Menace
Pay 5 life: Target player wins the game. Any player can activate this ability, but only once per turn.
I can't do that. - Ace
3/2
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 13th Hour 1
Artifact Rare
3, T : Name a nonland card. Exile the top 12 cards of your library, then reveal the 13th card: if it's the named card you win the game, if not you gain 2 life and put the cards exiled with The 13th Hour on the bottom of your library in any order.
“The power of knowing the future could corrupt even the most noble heart. - Marcus Bennett”
johnpyp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derflippi wrote:
Heist Matrons - BB
Creature - Human Advisor (Rare)
Menace
Pay 5 life: Target player wins the game. Any player can activate this ability, but only once per turn.
I can't do that. - Ace
3/2

Lol, I like it.
Duodax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Stifle OP as fuck!
Grok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror Victory - 3UU

Enchantment - Rare

At the beginning of your end step, if you have the same number of cards in your hand, the same number of cards in your library, and the same number of permanents on the battlefield as target opponent, you win the game.

Unable to distinguish himself from his enemies, Grogg did the only thing he knew they wouldn't mimic: he gave up and went home.

Last edited by Grok on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
McDonalds

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glutton's Triumph -- 4RB
Sorcery [M]
Starting with you, purchase the first item on your local McDonald's menu and eat it. Then, target opponent orders the same item and eats it. Repeat this process for the entire menu. If the chosen opponent fails to eat an item, you win the game. If you fail to eat an item, you lose the game. If both players eat everything on the menu, draw a card.

Some people restart the process just for fun after the card has resolved. I'm Lovin' It!
IvanDano

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Battle

5WWW

Mythic Rare

Instant

Split Second - (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities.)

Exile all nonland permanents from the battlefield. Target an opponent. You and that opponent may search your respective libraries for up to five creatures and place them face-down onto the battlefield. Starting with you, select a face-down creature you control on the battlefield and a creature that opponent controls on the battlefield. Turn both creatures face up and have both creatures fight (Each deals damage equal to its power to the other). Your opponent now chooses a face-down creature under their control on the battlefield and a face-down creature you control on the battlefield. Turn both creatures face up and have both creatures fight. Repeat until no creatures remain face-down on the battlefield between both players. If you control more creatures on the battlefield than that opponent, you win the game. If that opponent controls more creatures on the battlefield, you lose the game.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Darkest Hour
Enchantment
4WWW

At the beginning of your upkeep if you are at 1 life and have no creatures in play. you may chose to discard your hand. If you do, shuffle your library and choose land or non-land and reveal the top card of your library. If you chose correctly You win the game. If you chose wrong. lose 1 life.

BTW i love Grok's flavor text
OctoOoze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging time! Keep in mind it's my first time so if I screw up i'm sorry.
digikma-Hold the Fort
I really like the idea of having to survive with what you've got, and if you successfully do so you get rewarded, but I think the card is a bit OP.
Being able to put your opponent on an 5 turn clock that can't be disrupted is pretty huge, especially it being blue where you have counterspells when trying to resolve it. I still really like the concept. 6/10
johnpyp-Treaty of the Devils
Similar to above, a 5 turn clock is pretty huge, but I think being able to cast spells makes this extremely op, because being able to stall out your opponent for 5 turns isn't that hard. You do have to be over 10 life when casting and your opponent can remove it with a card like Erase, so it gets a 5/10
derflippi-Heist Matrons
Now this is a sweet card! I love the flavor, and the effect, while can be a drawback can be really good lategame especially in an aggro deck where sometimes you find your opponent on 5 life but your out of gas.
My only concern is that the ability while powerful is not relevant most of the time and the focus of the CaC was on the "Win the game" effect.
8/10
Thelemys-The 13th Hour
Cool name, Cool card. The flavor is awesome, and the ability isn't busted which is good. The problem I see is getting to virtually stack your deck after resolving the ablility a few times. Other then that nice card! 8/10
grok-Mirror Victory
I think the card is super awesome and super balanced. The ability requires a lot of setup but it is well worth to build around because, let's face it. There's nothing better then winning with a terrible build-around card. Also the flavor text is awesome.9/10
IvanDano-Final Battle
I like the idea of a huge battle, like between the allies and the eldrazi, but I think the card is op because being able to fill your deck with Emerkuls and Kozileks and ramping out Final Battle seems unbeatable, especially it being uncounterable. I like where you we're going with it but I just don't think it will work. 4/10
Radioactivez-Your Darkest Hour
Assuming I'm reading it correctly, if you survive at one life you can have around a 50% of winning or losing. While I usually hate cards that have a random element to them, I actually like this. Cards like Toxic Deluge can help, but then even a Shock can kill you. 7/10

While all the cards were awesome and it was a very tough decision, I'm going to give it to grok for a making a cool build-around and balanced card. Runner up goes to Thelemys and derflippi
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1