Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team events

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
dannydb
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Team events Reply with quote

Hi all

with the release of the new set allowing for two headed giants and team sealed being a thing would people be interested in doing weekly team events on here

there might be a few issues with the scoring (my suggestion being that the team captain registers the decks on the website) but there might be some interest
Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be "ok" with this in theory, but I think it would be difficult to organize and probably have low turnout. Timezones play a big part in that.
mazaza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be an interesting idea to trial at the very least, I also think having some team events where there was one legacy, one modern and one standard deck could be run again.
joker9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be a great idea, we dont lose nothing for try it
dannydb
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if i was to put a event up next weekend of two headed giant sealed BFZ (i'd pregenerate the pools for each team taking part and act as TO you would submit your decks to me so I can check your codes match up) would people sign up
radioactivez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see no good result of this mainly because people play different styles. I hope it could work but i am being Realistic. On another note, Danny you can use http://mtgen.net/bfz/ to set up the pools. just pair the teams and assign each team a 12 pack pool. You yourself could not check all the pools so it would be better to get help.
dannydb
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but thats part of the joys of two headed giant, having to play with someone who might play differently to you (I've always played midrange decks so am happy siding with people who like to play aggro or like to play control cos i'm used to playing both roles) as said there are flaws in the system, but it might be worth a try
CoughDaze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very interested in being on one of those teams. I'd love to play some two headed giant.
dannydb
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as said if it does work i'd like it to based off the teams on here, not randomers but this weekend i'm happy for it to be randomers
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everytime i watch Teams play its all the same "2 people looking at each hand and arguing over what todo.....and trying to plan out certain parts of turns over and over takes about 30 minutes for 1 turn. and fighting over pool cards i just see too many people trying to run the same decks.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1