Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UBR devoid

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:04 am    Post subject: UBR devoid Reply with quote

I thought this deck was glaringly obvious (as synergy decks often are) and I'm surprised at how little discussion there has been of it as a possible archetype. Have people tried it, at all, I sadly do not have the time at the moment to do the sort of testing of the deck I would like. I googled it and all the lists I found, looked very far from optimally refined. This is how i would do it.

The list

2 Bone Spinters
2 Wild Slash
4 Ghostfire Blade
4 Sudge Crawler
4 Hangarback Walker
4 Culling Drone
4 Forerunner of Slaughter
4 Ruination Guide
4 Vile Aggregate
2 Complete Disregard
2 Wasteland Strangler
1 Murderous Cut

3 Shivan Reef
4 Polluted Delta
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Sunken Hollow
3 Smoldering Marsh
3 Swamp
2 mountain
2 Island

Sb?

4 Duress (jeskai, esper dragons)
2 Trangress the mind (Ulamog Ramp, esper dragons)
4 Disdainful Stroke (esper, ulamog ramp)
2 Boiling Earth (tokens, atkar red)
2 Total Disregard (Deathmist Raptor, matis rider, hangarback walker)
1 Wasteland Strangler (mantis rider, aggro)
1 Blight Herder (removal heavy slow decks)

What do people think?

Last edited by GreenBear on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
HdH_Cthulhu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a good seald deck...

Your ignest plan is only there to make your disruption work? Why not just play proper remval/counters instead? Roast > Assault

Just cut all the ignest stuff and focus on aggro.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah people said the same about affinity, snakes, splice.

That said on a scale of affinity to splice this deck feels more like splice. The ingest did prove to be bad, so i have cut almost all of it and diversified my removal suite. But in term's of building synergy decks, from my experience i think it is best to always go all in on synergy with your initial build, so you can identify which synergy cards work and do not and then tune it from there. Think cards like disciple, arcbound worker, ornithroper, sheshiro, psychic puppetry. They may not look obviously powerful but such cards often turn out to be cornerstones of synergy based archtype's.

I've updated the list now, spent most the day playing its starting to win games which is was not at the beginning. Early testing does not hold much hope for it, so I will probably play it for a few days then move on lol.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly i had a good u/r version built that i use at times, cut the black as it does nothing for you and focus on the colorless aspect
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1