Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 337

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Create a Card 337 Reply with quote

Thanks Stucco!

Challenge: Make a removal spell, but has an extra effect.

Make sure to not make it too strong, and include card rarity!

Deadline: November 5th

Good Luck and be creative![/i]
Duodax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Taker WB

Sorcery - Uncommon

Destroy target creature. Your opponent gains 3 life.
OctoOoze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit Switch -- 1WW -- Instant -- Rare

Switch target creature you control and target creature an opponent control's toughness.

Sorta unique removal. I have no idea if it's overpowered, underpowered or just right.
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1UB - Lashing Out - Uncommon

X is your life total minus an opponent's life total of your choice.
Y is an opponent's life total of your choice minus your life total.
Choose one:
-Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn.
-Target creature gets +Y/+Y until end of turn.
-Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn.
-Target creature gets -Y/-Y until end of turn.
Csquared08

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life Debt - WBB

Sorcery (R)

As an additional cost to cast Life Debt, you may reveal a Cleric card from your hand.

Exile target creature. If you revealed a Cleric card or controlled a Cleric as you cast Life Debt, target opponent loses 3 life and you gain 3 life.

A debt to the Orzhov is always paid.

------------

I'm not fond of the name, but whatever. Maybe I'll come up with a better one over the next couple days.
mana

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phase Warp 1WU

Instant - Rare

Exile target permanent you control. At the beginning of the next end step, return that permanent to the battlefield under it's owner's control and exile target permanent you don't control that shares at least one type with it. (Types of permanents are artifact, creature, enchantment, land, and planeswalker.)

Unfortunate are those caught in the ripples of the aether.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defiant Encroachment 1GG

Sorcery [Uncommon]

Target creature you control gets +2/+2 and gains trample until end of turn. It fights another target creature you don't control.

The Zendikari beasts fight for their land as passionately as the Zendikari themselves.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Darklit 1WB
Instant R
As an additional cost to cast Darklit, sacrifice a nonland permanent.
You draw cards equal to the permanent's converted mana cost, then you lose that many life. For each opponent you may exile a permanent he or she controls with the same converted mana cost as the sacrified permanent.
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
The cool point is you don't target the permanent. Insprired by Momentous Fall.

Last edited by Thelemys on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 5 times in total
kamphgruppe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Death's Domain Reply with quote

Death's Domain - BB

Enchantment - Common

Sacrifice Death's domain: Destroy target non-black creature. When Deaths Domain is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, draw a card.
astronaut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vurygmyth, The Consumer 4BB Mythic Rare

Legendary Creature-Demon

Flying

Tap, Sacrifice Vurygmyth, The Consumer: Destroy all non-token creatures

3B: Target player loses 1 life and draws 1 card

3/6

The hunger for flesh can only be ended by over-eating.
OctoOoze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OctoOoze wrote:
Spirit Switch -- 1WW -- Instant -- Rare

Switch target creature you control and target creature an opponent control's toughness.

Sorta unique removal. I have no idea if it's overpowered, underpowered or just right.

I must of had a brainfart when I made this, if you don't mind I'm going to make a new one, I don't know how to edit it Razz

Spirit Switch -- BWR-- Instant -- Rare
Target creature an opponent controls get -0/-X, where X is target creature you control's toughness. That creature then gets +X/-0, where X is the opponents creature's power.
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinprick --- B

Enchantment --- Aura [Uncommon]

Enchant creature

Enchanted creature gets -1/-1.

At the beginning of the upkeep of enchanted creature's controller, that player loses 1 life.

I don't need any bandages! It's just a pinprick. - Last words of Tazriel
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Create a Card 337 Reply with quote

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Thanks Stucco!

Gl All
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord, we're dying here!
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Create a Card 337 Reply with quote

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Thanks Stucco!

Good job everyone!

Let me give my opinion on these ideas:

Soul Taker: The flexibility is good, but it underpowers the card by making it a sorcery and letting an opponent gain life. In my opinion, this card would be good for cheap removal, but would be horrible anywhere else, because Sword to Plowshares is so much better.

Spirit Switch: This would be great in a Mardu deck, where there is huge-powered cards, so you could take out their biggest threat. Other than getting the right mana to cast it, you need a high toughness creature while your opponent has a high powered creature. My opinion is that as long you get the right conditions, this is a great card. Otherwise, it could just stall your hand.

Lashing Out: The X and Y variables are interesting, and has different options. The only problem with this card is at the beginning of the game, or when both life totals are equal. In addition, the card would have worked together if you used Red instead of Blue for the mana cost, as well as making it a rare. Overall, this would be a removal spell to put in my deck.

Life Debt: A simple card that can give you a benefit as well as removing a card that needs to shoo. Nothing more needs to be said.

Phase Warp: A card that triggers an "enters the battlefield" effect again while Exiling another creature. The only problem is that you have to wait a turn for it to exile the permanent, but there is no drawback other than that. Overall, a good card to have.

Defiant Encroachment: Seems like Wild Instincts from Origins, but with a trample effect. Great card for a ramp/aggressive deck.

Darklit: A card that fits with Aristrocrats, and lets you draw as well as to exile somesthing? This is a triple bonus, and as Thelemys said, "The cool point is you don't target the permanent." Great card.

Death's Domain: A Doom Blade on hold, as well as a draw when you need it. Great card, unless your opponent is running Black as a main color.

Salt Elemental: Doesn't look strong from a vanilla viewpoint, but in EDH, this can make people leave the game. You could exile the Maze of Ith or just a Steam Vents. The drawback can make you only sacrifice a basic land when it dies, too. Pretty good in EDH if it was a card, but if it was cheaper, it would fit right into Legacy.

Vurygmyth, The Consumer: A good board-wipe on command, with a draw engine that will make your opponent want to remove it. The only problem is that there should be something like "You gain 1 life for each creature" so you fulfill yourself from "eating". Overall, nice removal creature.

Pinprick: Simply, a cheaper Stab Wound. 1 mana gets you to weaken/destroy a creature and has a constant life loss effect. Good early game or during a standstill in game. A small and simple, but effective card.

Ensnaring French Fries: This would definitely be in an Un-set, because you would need to get McDonald's every FNM or event. Ignoring the second text though, it's a good card.

Places from 1st to last: Pinprick, Lashing Out, Phase Warp, Life Debt, Darklit, Spirit Switch, Death's Domain, Salt Elemantal, Vurygmyth, Defiant Encrochment, Soul Taker
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2