Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 335

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Grok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saurgoth wrote:
Thelemys wrote:
may be time to judge

It's been a busy week in Westeros. Judging on Tuesday.

I guess he meant next Tuesday?
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess too!
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelemys - Gyration
Interesting ability, but needs to cost at least 6 for a card with so much mana-hosing potential, particularly in multiplayer. Also, this effect fits well with the wonkiness of Izzet. I look forward to the game state where two Gyrations flip each other in the same upkeep and everything they have turned facedown loses Morph 3.

Jinete - Simic Spy
What a bizarre evolution! Starts as a 4/5 blocker, then 3/4 trample, 2/3 flying trample, 1/2 does stuff, and finally an 0/1 Fog Bank before returning to the beginning. It's a good cost; not sure why it's a Spy; nice flavor text.

ShamedShadow - Whirlwind Glaive
Fascinated effect - a blade on the end of the stick that whooshes around in a circle, empowering your dude or terrifying? your opponent's dude. Maybe it's like the other side of the board is the Southern hemisphere and it spins counterclockwise or summat? Anyway, it feels like a reusable Throwing Knife, and Wizards definitely wouldn't print this ability at Equip 1, but it's still a really humorous image you've painted.

radioactivez - Embracing the Titans
This being an Enchant Creature, the formatting needs to be fixed in a few areas. As far as the effect goes, I can see why you might want to give your Eldrazi trample. The idea of it growing as you sac your 0/1s for mana and then abruptly blinking out of existence doesn't feel right to me. Your card is self-consistent though! I might not care for the flavor of the effect, but your flavor text fits it perfectly.

to be continued.... today! (not Tuesday)
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco - Silver Moon's Orbit
Ooh, I like. Moon goes up, moon goes down. Symmetric, but not all at the same time. I think the costs are just right, too.

Grok - Overturned
So, like, if my library is upside down and i put the bottom card in my hand, i'm still getting the same card I originally would have. It just works as a replacement effect instead of a draw (for the sake of triggers or Spirit of the Labyrinth). Which means this card does absolutely nothing by itself.
Or maybe that's not what you meant, but if so that's an even bigger problem. In other words, this card is every bit as unprintable as the McDonalds cards. Not because it's overpowered, not because it belongs in an Un-set, but because people would pull it out of a pack, read it, and have absolutely no idea what it does.

derflippi - Siege Elephant
I'm not exactly sure where you were going with this one. My guess is that as soon as Siege Rhino rotates out, your idea is for this card to get printed, thereby taking its place as a format-defining card and trolling the whole idea of a format rotating. If that was your intent, well done sir!
The card itself (obviously) isn't very creative. It's also kind of overpowered for a Lightning Helix that gives you a 3/4 Trample. I think it needs to cost 1 more.

OctoOoze - Gruul Warcaller
Cool combination of effects, and overall a well-built card. a giant berserker named "Warcaller" that taunts its opponents and gets stronger as he kills them. Pretty cool, good cost, right colors.

the_hetero - Turbine of the Eastern Winds
A bird comes at you, flies into a Turbine, is fine, gets Maze of Ith'd, and generates mana. Big lolz!
oh, so that's what a turbine does Wink
the effect is probably too powerful... but hey, Legacy is a crazy format, why not print a 2-mana sb card that nerfs Griselbrand as well as other tricky monsters like SSS, Thunderbreak Regent, and Silumgar?

julio_jones - Ethereal Whirlpool
That's pretty solid. a Reflecting Pool that comes in tapped but has an extra ability that is hard to pay for and isn't powerful enough to just end a game on its own. (Good job keeping it balanced by giving it Wither instead of Infect!) I also really like that you put wubrg in the right order AND gave it an ability for each color AND put those abilities in the same order as the colors.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the winner is.... Stucco!
2nd to OctoOoze
Honorable Mentions for julio and the hetero
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My card is a spy because spies have to be able to blend into various situations, but instead of making a super Skinshifter that I thought would be too good, I just put my spy on a cycle.
Grok

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea for my card was that your library is upside down, and you draw the face up, visible card every turn on what becomes the new "top." Because there is no precedent for this effect, I think the current rules define "top" and "bottom" of your library by which cards are face up and face down rather than the actual orientation of your deck. Therefore you need the rider "draw from the bottom" otherwise you would just be drawing the face down card (what used to be on top) on the new bottom of a flipped deck. The purpose of this is to take advantage of certain cards in new ways; if something puts a card on the bottom of your deck, like Condemn, you would actually draw it next turn. If you use Brainstorm, you put the cards back on the new bottom of your flipped deck so you don't even need to shuffle. Maybe a better way to template it is something like "draw from the bottom of your deck instead of the top" but then you lose the fun action of flipping everything.
the_hetero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saurgoth wrote:

the_hetero - Turbine of the Eastern Winds
A bird comes at you, flies into a Turbine, is fine, gets Maze of Ith'd, and generates mana. Big lolz!
oh, so that's what a turbine does Wink
the effect is probably too powerful... but hey, Legacy is a crazy format, why not print a 2-mana sb card that nerfs Griselbrand as well as other tricky monsters like SSS, Thunderbreak Regent, and Silumgar?

I was thinking more like Delver =]
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2