Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 colour midrange control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
dannydb
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: 4 colour midrange control Reply with quote

hi all

I've been messing around with this deck for a few days and could do with your input- yes now that trying to find the right way to ramp to eldrazi i've done something that loves to play vs that statergy! langish!

here's the deck list, mana is actual very good (the only double colour cards are black which is the main colour of the deck) you have a decent game vs aggro with rhino and languish and a pritty good game vs control with main deck kiora's and obs!

1 Canopy Vista
    4 Den Protector
    4 Despise
    2 Dragonlord Ojutai
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Forest
    1 Island
    2 Kiora, Master of the Depths
    4 Languish
    4 Natural Connection
    2 Ob Nixilis Reignited
    4 Opulent Palace
    1 Plains
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Prairie Stream
    4 Ruinous Path
    4 Sandsteppe Citadel
    4 Siege Rhino
    1 Sunken Hollow
    5 Swamp
    2 Windswept Heath
    4 Woodland Wanderer
    SB: 2 Abzan Charm
    SB: 2 Complete Disregard
    SB: 2 Dispel
    SB: 2 Dromoka's Command
    SB: 3 Duress
    SB: 2 Feed the Clan
    SB: 2 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being 4 colors, bring to light looks like a must have. extra copies of your best spells. the problem is what to take out, you should know that by testing.
you're not ramping towards anything nor leaving mana up for anything else than the ramp spell, so my guess is that it doesn't belong here. i'd go with some extra spot removal to help you survive. same thing applies to despise, 4 seems like too many copies, try 2 and you get 6 spot to add maybe 3 ultimate price and 2 either anticipate or read the bones to smooth your draws. taking out 2 ruinous path to add one utter end looks nice too. now you have 2 free slots for bring to light. still needing 1 or 2 more.
you lack win cons (only 2 ojutai, the rhinos and the PWs. too little with so many spot removal around that can hit them all). i'd take out 1 or 2 den protector and add 1 dromoka or 1 silumgar (probably silumgar, the "control magic" one, as he is fetchable with bring to light by just adding the 5th color). now, 1 less rhino makes sense to fit the 3rd bring to light.
and speaking of that, if you bring in red, radiant flames suddenly becomes an option, although is a nonbo with bring to light, you could split languish 3/1 or even 2/2.
in the end, the final deck should look very similar to that of LSV he posted on CFB.
dannydb
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help, i've moved on to bant for the time being and hoping the RG landfall decks stop the people playing 5 colour bring to light
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1