Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 333 - Un [Judged]

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: CAC 333 - Un [Judged] Reply with quote

In honor of the best card in the previous competition being overlooked (McDrazi Devourer) I want you to design a wacky card that would fit into a set like Unglued or Unhinged. I will mostly judge based on creativity and flavor, but try to make the card balanced if possible (for example, while McDrazi Devourer could technically grow infinitely large, it is physically limited by how many Big Macs you can buy and then stack). I'll judge in about a week.

Last edited by Grok on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
IvanDano

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn

Pic: Emrakul wearing big heavy black shades.

Mythic Rare

EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn is too cool to have a casting cost.

EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn can't be countered.

When you cast EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn, you may take an extra turn after this one if you feel like it.

Flying, protection from colored spells, Annihilator 6

When EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn is put into a graveyard from anywhere, it's owner shuffles his or her graveyard into his or her library.

15/15

Last edited by IvanDano on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nether Gunner 1WB
Creature - Human Singer (U)
Players can never gonna give you up.
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.
1/1
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDrazi Devourer - 2

Creature - Eldrazi [Mythic]

McDrazi Devourer enters the battlefield with one +1/+1 counter. If you use Big Macs as counters, it enters the battlefield with any number of +1/+1 counters instead. You may only use Big Macs you have purchased from McDonald's as counters.

0/0

Sue me Mcdonalds:D
saurgoth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F'Goyf - (1/2)G

Creature - Lhurgoyf [R]

F'Goyf's power is equal to half the number of expansion symbols among cards in all graveyards and its toughness is equal to that number plus (1/2).

What doesn't play a Goyf, dies.

*/(1/2)+*
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mime - UB Legendary Enchantment

Name a player as Mime enters the battlefield.When the named player appears annoyed by your actions, sacrifice Mime and take control of three of their nonland permanents.

As long as you can copy the named player's physical actions near perfectly (regardless of your permanents, graveyard, exiled cards, or cards in hand):
-When named player casts a instant or sorcery, copy it
-When a creature enters the battlefield on named player's side, copy it
-When named player adds mana to their mana, add the same mana to your mana pool.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Spoiler 2UB
Instant R
Target player reveals his or her hand and discards all the cards with the word shuffle on them. Then that player reveals the top five cards of his or her library and you put those cards on it in any order.
Guess who dies in the next season of Game of Thrones?
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://i1.wp.com/www.happyindulgencebooks.com/wp-content/uploads/63401-Grumpy-cat-game-of-thrones-spo-8Tvy.jpeg?resize=512%2C288[/img]
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nether Gunner
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn

Pic: Emrakul wearing big heavy black shades.

Mythic Rare

EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn is too cool to have a casting cost.

EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn can't be countered.

When you cast EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn, you may take an extra turn after this one if you feel like it.

Flying, protection from colored spells, Annihilator 6

When EMRACOOL, the AEONS Torn is put into a graveyard from anywhere, it's owner shuffles his or her graveyard into his or her library.

15/15

This card is definitely flavorful, but ironically it functions almost exactly the same as the original Emrakul if you're not planning to hardcast it. I think you could have gone even further with this one, but at least it's as balanced as OG Emrakul.
6/10

Quote:
Nether Gunner 1WB
Creature - Human Singer (U)
Players can never gonna give you up.
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.
1/1

I'm guessing this card gives everyone protection from Rick Rolling? I'm not totally sure what you were going for here, but I think it could be funnier if using the card itself inevitably Rick Rolled your opponent. There's no reason why the next Un set can't require dice, counters, and a smart phone.
5/10

Quote:
McDrazi Devourer - 2

Creature - Eldrazi [Mythic]

McDrazi Devourer enters the battlefield with one +1/+1 counter. If you use Big Macs as counters, it enters the battlefield with any number of +1/+1 counters instead. You may only use Big Macs you have purchased from McDonald's as counters.

0/0

Sue me Mcdonalds:D

This made me laugh out loud. Unfortunately, you didn't do anything original or creative so I can't give you any points.
0/10

Quote:
He Who Shall Be Named.....1UU
Enchantment...........U

When He Who Shall Be Named enters the battlefield, choose an opponent.

Whenever the chosen player casts a non-creature spell, you may respond with "You're a wizard [insert player's name]." If you do, draw a card.

I like this card. It's funny, flavorful, and trollish, because everyone hates that line from Harry Potter. However, it's a little too powerful (at least Mystic Remora has cumulative upkeep). You should also automatically win the game if your opponent's name is 'Arry.
9/10

Quote:
F'Goyf - (1/2)G

Creature - Lhurgoyf [R]

F'Goyf's power is equal to half the number of expansion symbols among cards in all graveyards and its toughness is equal to that number plus (1/2).

What doesn't play a Goyf, dies.

*/(1/2)+*

I really like the design of this card and I want to see it in a future unset, but I think you missed on the flavor a little bit. If the card somehow screwed over your opponent for playing a Tarmogoyf (like, it also exiles all graveyards when it comes into play and then sets it p/t based on the number of set symbols exiled) its name would make more sense.
7/10

Quote:
Mime - UB Legendary Enchantment

Name a player as Mime enters the battlefield.When the named player appears annoyed by your actions, sacrifice Mime and take control of three of their nonland permanents.

As long as you can copy the named player's physical actions near perfectly (regardless of your permanents, graveyard, exiled cards, or cards in hand):
-When named player casts a instant or sorcery, copy it
-When a creature enters the battlefield on named player's side, copy it
-When named player adds mana to their mana, add the same mana to your mana pool.

Now here's a card I want to play. This might be one of the most hilariously obnoxious cards ever printed. It's extremely powerful, but the difficulty of perfectly miming every turn without bursting out laughing is enough to keep it in check. I imagine most players will only be able to sustain the miming for a turn or two. Creative, flavorful, and funny. Still, it could probably do without the initial "take control of three permanents."
10/10

Quote:
Spoiler 2UB
Instant R
Target player reveals his or her hand and discards all the cards with the word shuffle on them. Then that player reveals the top five cards of his or her library and you put those cards on it in any order.
Guess who dies in the next season of Game of Thrones?

This card translates a concept from popular culture to Magic really well. Strangely, unlike almost every other card submitted, this one is severely underpowered. Still, nice design and very flavorful.
8/10

saurgoth wrote:
Nether Gunner

Now this is a card. Normally I wouldn't consider a second submission, because Saurgoth already entered F'Goyf, but I have to make an exception for the brilliant-but-simple design of this incredible card. How you haven't been hired by Wizards yet is beyond me. Everyone owes it to themselves to gaze at this card at least once. Maybe you'll learn something for the next contest.
10/10

It was a tossup between Saurgoth's genius Nether Gunner and Jinete_dV's Mime, but in the end I have to give it to Mime for the absolutely hilarious gamestate it creates. The winner is Jinete_dV with Mime.
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk how I won this but thank you. I wasn't even going to submit anything but randomly the idea of "what's the most obnoxious text I can put on a card" came to me Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1