Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legacy Polymorph /Show and Tell / Wish Board

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Legacy Polymorph /Show and Tell / Wish Board Reply with quote

Hi, I got a bit of inspiration for the creation of a legacy deck whilst browsing the modern forums. Itís based on polymorph and show and tell, I googled a couple of legacy polymorph lists and I did not like them. My idea was a little different as one of the things I disliked about polymorph was, even something as simple as an abrupt decay, lightning bolt, swords to plowshares can make you fizzle. There was no way to get around this in modern, however in legacy by playing and entirely creature less deck bar emrakul, I would be able to play a wish board and fetch creatures like slippery boogle or sylvan cayatird from the wish board and go off with no fear of removal stopping me. Plus a wishboard allowed me to play sweet bullets for hard match ups. Plus I can always living wish for just a big fatty if I have show and tell and get it into play.

Now I have not played legacy since goblins was considered a teir 1 deck but my early testing has been very promising as the deck is very consistent. Iíve seen multiple really good threads on this forum about legacy deckís and was hoping I could gain some insight from more experienced legacy players than me.

Also I opted for a double wishboard with not just living wish but burning wish also, so I could fetch polymorph/show and tell if needs be and other hate cards for specific match ups, plus it helps play around cards like surgical extrcation or slaughter games. The wishboard is far from perfect at the moment, as obviously it will take 100s of hours of testing to get it refined but I was hoping I could get some help with that from you guys.

Living Wish Targets

1 Eidilon of the Great Revel, storm, other crtitical mass combo decks
1 Elesh norn alternative show and tell target
1 Scavenging Ooze, Reanimator, Dredge
1 Emrakul, the aeons torn, fetch if have show and tell
1 Myleria Sylvok Outcast, Infect
1 Slippery Boggle, Combo Piece
1 Sylvan Cayatird, Combo Piece
1 Ioan Shield of Emeria Show and tell in vs rdw, hightide, mono coloured decks

Burning Wish Targets

1 Flame Slash, creatures providing to fast a clock or annoying an effect, see many death and taxes creatures
1 Living Wish, such a key card for the deck sometimes you want to burning wish for 1
1 Polymorph, combo piece
1 Pyroclasm, Board wiper for aggro and decks like goblins, elves
1 Slaughter Games, Decks like hivemind, over polymorph, combo decks#
1 Sowing Salt, gives you answer to karakas md, also vs mud, decks relying on key lands
1 Show and Tell combo piece

And that is the Entire sideboard onto the deck.

The Actual Deck

4 Force of Will
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Gitaxian Probe
1 Pyroblast
2 Daze
2 Spell Pierce
3 Living Wish
4 Burning Wish
3 Show and Tell
1 Intution
3 Polymorph
2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Lands

1 Bayou
1 Forest
2 Island
2 Khalani Garden
2 Mountain
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Scalding Tarn
1 Taiga
2 Tropical Island
2 Volcanic Island

Gitaxian Probe, workís very well with a wish board and so should always be played blind, if you have a wish in hand and as it will give you a much better idea about what to do. Iím going to be testing this deck fairly extensively on cockatrice for a while. Before I make my mind up on if it is worth investing in on magic online.
Thoughtís, comments, appreciated.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1