Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 331 - Rebirth

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
saurgoth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelemys - Regrowth

A land withers, and grows back. It's definitely printable, since you can only get 1 land after an Armageddon, and it shouldn't take too much work to make it playable with all the fetches and Wastelands in various formats.

Strider - Survival of the Fittest

Yep, that is literally what the words mean. Good job. Only problem is giving green access to a Wrath. A more appropriate cost would be 1GWW, like Supreme Verdict.

ShamedShadow - Reinforcements

It sort of fits, but misses the mark in one or two regards, mainly because in order to reinforce something, that something must already exist. This card can plop creatures onto an empty board. The smaller misstep is the mode that only makes one creature. That would be a reinforcement.
Also, it's broken. Sutured Ghoul, Serra Avatar, Phantom Nishoba....

Grok - Lady Orca

That's nice. An Orca who's a Lady and needs a Lord to bond with.
A 4/4 hexproof + a 5/5 hexproof + untap 7 lands, however, might be a tad overpowered for 4 mana?

Jinete - Ancestral Recall

Yep, you're definitely remembering things. Are those things that you are recalling "of your ancestors" in some way? Probably. Perhaps not. I like that you tried to mitigate its power level (similar to Day's Undoing) but you didn't go far enough. You still have Force of Will, artifact mana, and another land drop for the turn. Lady Orca and Reinforcements are overpowered and need to cost more. Ancestral Recall... I'm not sure this effect can be printed at any cost. Maybe Emrakul? 10UUUUU?

McDonalds - Free-Range Chicken

Holy cow, that's an actual card! Well played, sir.
Max points for creativity, zero points for printability Razz

radioactivez - Standstill

This does not slow the game into a tense battle of who can go the longest without casting a spell. It says "everybody draw lots of cards go nuts!"
Also: land, Nomads-en-Kor, lotus, standstill, activate 20 times, gg.

GreenBear - Glimmervoid

There is something.. perilously attractive.. in the void. Very tricky, making a flavorful adaptation of a card called "GlimmerVoid" but you seem to have accomplished that Smile . Also some tricky mechanics going on there, which is daring, but this card shouldn't be able to survive in any constructed format.

Stucco - Rebirth

It's close. It doesn't embody a creature undergoing the process of birth for a second time, but rather a Benjamin Button-like temporal inversion of how a life usually plays out. Oh, but do you get bonus points for trolling this CaC's instructions XD. Always a good idea. And the printable/power level/format stuff is all good.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reverse order:

Standstill is not only the most broken card, it's the only one that doesn't fit the flavor at all.

Free-Range Chicken is highly amusing, but the least printable of all submissions.

Reinforcements is a bit of a miss on the flavor, and needs to cost more mana.

Ancestral Recall... that's gotta be broken, right?

Lady Orca has beautiful flavor but you simply can't be allowed to fetch a Great Whale into play for 4 mana.

-------------------------

The rest are quite good. At this point, since I only have 3 roses to give out, I'm going to eliminate Rebirth because the other 3 do a much better job of matching effect to cardname.

I care about flavor more than function, but function still matters: Glimmervoid comes in 3rd place because I prefer cards that can be played. This one really only exists in the abstract.

Regrowth and Survival do everything I ask for! Great job! The win goes to Thelemys, 2nd place to Strider.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd argue you could make a reasonable legacy deck, with glimmervoid and donate but I don't even have a challenge up my sleeve I'd like to do, so I'm not to concerned.

Also if it ever happened the story of the guy who mulliganed to 4 and got 4 glimmervoids would be incredible.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg Donate could work

Wasteland, Sol Ring, go.
*fiendish grin*

Glimmervoid, Donate :PPPPPPPPPPPP
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2