Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Death of Magic-League

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Catch
warwizard87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm havent been around for about a year......this is a sad state.
Wrinkle22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhino do you even get on cockatrice? m-l maybe far from the golden days but it is on the rise from where it started the year at. Im proud of how far we have come, and expect it to continue to grow. ml is not dead I say. Nor is it dying.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Rhino's trolling ironic considering the recent explosion of minis and 5-round Trials. Is the new activity all from schoolchildren who are out for summer?
Wrinkle22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's due to the resilience of a select few spamming the main trice channel with mini and trial alerts. I personally bring it up every other draft or so. I also have spammed my local game stores Facebook about ml. Told my friends about it, and spam minis to try and keep it going for anyone still new to the league as well as for the vets still showing up. I believe teams help keep new players. Shout out to sonan. One of the newest players to both ml and ctc. 2 for 3 on trials played in. He's coming out the gates strong. As we grow at this rate we could reach a new golden age of ml. We just got to keep up the good work. As well as keep a friendly environment as important as competitive. They are equally important to to our sucess.
LestatTDP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ml is not dead. Is it dying? I hope not. It's on a shaky path atm though. I see so many negatives on it daily. Little things that make no sense to me. These little things add up and they are slowly eating at the core. Can Ml survive this minor pest attack? I think so. I do not see any reason for these "Teams" I have read the team section several times and there are zero perks. the only partial perk seems to be bragging rights but who needs a team to brag? just brag. As a judge i hope the site does live as it would make my time invested all wasted and I never waste anything. As a player I knew when i joined that the place was in shambles. I still think more honest players and less idiots would help us. less people trying to "break" magic and more who actually want to play the game and win.
_Godica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LestatTDP wrote:
I do not see any reason for these "Teams" I have read the team section several times and there are zero perks. the only partial perk seems to be bragging rights but who needs a team to brag? just brag.

http://www.magic-league.com/news/763/june_14th_standard_master_byes_list.html

LestatTDP wrote:
I never waste anything.

Al Gore, give this man a medal!

LestatTDP wrote:
less idiots would help us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc
LestatTDP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not get into a discussion about byes with me. I do not want nor would i ever use a bye. The whole idea behind them is a bit disgusting. They are one of the factors that makes me consider quitting magic all together. Good song, thx for that. If I thought the site was beyond saving I would not be a judge on it. I would have left. The list of byes you showed me is nothing close to a perk. I asked for a perk. thats a good worth while reason for there to be teams here. I still stand by my older statement. Teams mtg is equal to too many cooks in the kitchen.

Last edited by LestatTDP on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
_Godica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to make a witty retort but I think I'll just stand back and admire instead.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well trolled, Godica. Well trolled.
LestatTDP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i guess when someone asks for something and you totally ignore them its a good troll attempt. I asked for perks he gave me disadvantages.
Wrinkle22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when todays trial begins it will be the 25th event in the last 3 days... ml seems dead for sure!! i can see your points so clearly now!!
Damnation13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic league is getting bigger every day I actually saw 45 people on trice the other day. Props to all the admins and judges for not giving up on this awesome site. Ps: the more people that advertise ml on trice the more people we will get I just recruited 3 people last night so maybe you think it is dying because you are not trying to help it live
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people bring people, more people, bigger events, better play experience.

If you like this place, stay and help, it can only do good things.. oh and guess what.. I see that WildCard is back.
Banditus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curiously, what don't you like about the cockatrice move? I only just joined when I learned of this through cockatrice, and it seems like it's been good for revitalizing ML.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banditus wrote:
Curiously, what don't you like about the cockatrice move? I only just joined when I learned of this through cockatrice, and it seems like it's been good for revitalizing ML.

A small portion of the magic-playing population was able to use MWS effectively. Naturally, they were all comfortable with it and resisted change.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Catch All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2