Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 329

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Csquared08

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: CaC 329 Reply with quote

One of my favorite things about Magic is how often (and how well) the story is told through the card art. I think Deicide is a pretty great example of this.

With Magic Origins coming up pretty soon, I want you to make a card from that set will help tell the story of one of the five featured planeswalkers (on the off-chance you don't know who they are, it's Gideon, Jace, Liliana, Chandra, Nissa). However, in addition to all the normal stuff you'd put on a card, I also want a short couple sentence description of what the art would look like.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moment of Enlightenment W

Instant [Rare]

Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains indestructible until end of turn. Transform that creature at the beginning of the next main phase.

After staring into the Blind Eternities, not even the multiverse could satisfy his need to know all.

-----------

Depicting when Gideon gained his spark. Source

Art would be something along the lines of Smite, except depicting Gideon against a much larger and stronger-looking opponent.

Promo art could possibly be a picture of Gideon with glowing eyes and an aura of light around him as he witnesses the Blind Eternities.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's this Spark thing? Is it like the moment of conception when God pokes the zygote and the next soul in line gets a body?
Grok

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escape From Memory - 5UUU
Sorcery - [M]
Exile the top half of target player's library, rounded down. Restart the game, leaving in exile all cards exiled with Escape From Memory.
The past can be forgotten, but not undone.

Art Description:
We see Jace kneeling with his head in his hands, almost in the fetal position, his face close to the camera. An elderly, bearded man in a dirty, ruffled tunic stumbles in the background, a blank expression on his face. His empty eyes stare into space without focus. Upon closer inspection, we see that Jace is holding his head in despair while casting a mind erasure spell on himself.

Story Explanation:
Alhammarret (Jace's master) kept the fact that Jace's spark had ignited a secret. When Jace found out, he destroyed Alhammarret's mind and then erased his own memories to avoid the pain of his actions. This card represents the destruction of Alhammarret's mind (milling the opponent) and then forgetting that it ever happened (by restarting the game), although the effect of Jace's actions cannot been undone (the milled cards are still exiled).

Last edited by Grok on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
saurgoth

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake of Corruption

Sorcery [M]

Suspend 2 - BBBB

Until end of turn, whenever a player taps a Swamp for mana, that player adds BB to his or her mana pool (In addition to the mana the land produces).

Much was visible, though there was no light.

{The Dark Realms, post-Liliana: several planes of swampland depicted in the same physical space, in the style of M. C. Escher.}
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gideon's Shackles 2
Artifact - Equipment
As long as equiped creature is taped, creatures your opponents control don't untap during their controler's untap step.
Equip 3
Enjoy your meal! Prince Velrav

art description: Gideon Jura is in the middle of Prince Velrav's courtyard, tied to stakes. He's the center of attention as everyone is allowed to feed on him. The view of the scene is from above.
IvanDano

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will to Live

1BG

Instant

Uncommon

Choose target creature on the battlefield. That creature's controller sacrifices that creature unless that player discards cards from their hand equal to its mana cost.

Nissa is lying on her back with her eyes and mouth wide open while grasping at her chest. She is in pain as her heart has stopped completely. She knows that the possibility of death may be upon her. The poisonous mushroom laying close to her other hand. She has two choices, fight through the pain and find the will to live or let go and die an agonizing death.

Last edited by IvanDano on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Muze

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live to Fight 2RRR
Mythic
Instant

Target creature deals damage equal to it's power to each other creature without flying and each player.

"The sword had swung, the gavel fallen. She had lost everything, but still she knew she could not die here."

Art depicts Chandra, surrounded by soldiers. She's on her knees with a sword being swung, it's only inches from reaching her neck. Fire is beginning to radiate from her entire body. In the background is her burning village. View point is looking at the scene from an acute angle, about 20 feet in the air.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging?
Grok

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShamedShadow wrote:
Judging?

If Csquared doesn't judge, I guess the runner up gets to: Bejeezus.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just won a Trial a few days ago, so I think he's still active.
Csquared08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm around. Hoping to get judging done tomorrow.
Grok

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csquared08 wrote:
I'm around. Hoping to get judging done tomorrow.

It's been a week since you said this. Is it time to give the judging to the runner up?
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote yes.
Muze

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like WOTC agrees that my idea is pretty good, Chandra's Ignition is scarely similar.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2