Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 322 - Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Canabiest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: CAC 322 - Judged Reply with quote

shadowist wrote:
Rabid Mongrel 1R
Creature - Hound (C)

Intimidate
~ attacks each turn if able.

2/1

Am I scared? Only a fool wouldn't be scared. - Jace Beleren

Good flavor and a good fit for the rarity. I would like to pick this in an agressive red deck, but it can backfire and be a dead card. So there is some evaluation going into it. Nice
7/10

J0NPROJECT wrote:
Natural Entity - 1G
Creature - Alien Elf Thing (R)

Intimidate

This thing gets +1/+1 for each creature your opponents control.

"I bring you peace - Mr. Burns"

*/*

I dislike the creature type and flavortext, but let's treat this as a playtest version just for functionality.
Flavor could have served to explain the function with this one and probably would have ended up with a better rating.
But I like the mechanics and how they influence the game being played. Many strategy decisions for the opponent to make, a single card that can change gameplay is a good fit for a rare.
5.5/10

Thelemys wrote:
Contagious Zombie BB
Creature - Zombie R
Intimidate
Whenever Contagious Zombie deals combat damage to a player, you may exile a creature from a graveyard. If you do, put a token that's a copy of Contagious Zombie onto the battlefield taped.
1/1

This works great as a flavorful way to simulate a zombie apocalypse in card form. Also the contagion idea comes across well and it makes sense why they Intimidate.
It is kind of low cost but on the other hand the creatures in the graveyard have to be there, so that is another cost.
It is interesting however.
8/10

Stucco wrote:
Alley Shadow Ripper............1BB
Creature - Vampire Rogue....U

Intimidate

Whenever Alley Shadow Ripper attacks and isn't blocked, you may destroy target creature defending player controls. If you do, Alley Shadow Ripper deals no combat damage this turn.

You could walk the streets at night but you'd better not go alone. You could walk the streets at night but it's best to stay at home.

3/1

This card can get decidedly unfun in a not very interesting way. Or don't do much at all. Depending on the blockers that are there. One of the problems of Intimidate that I wanted to see worked around in this challenge.
This does not make the card all that interesting. Repeated creature destruction probably shouldn't be on an uncommon either.
I like the flavor however.
5/10

ShamedShadow wrote:
Core Monstrosity 1 {BP}

Creature - Horror [Uncommon]

Infect, Intimidate

When the compleation of Mirrodin's Core was finished, the Monstrosities began to pour forth.

1/1

-------

{BP} is code for one Black Phyrexian Mana.

As a Phyrexian Mana guy I think it should be an artifact creature. Would fit the flavor as well. But I like the rest of the mechanics.
Presumably in an artifact world the Intimidate gets worse but in constructed this guy would be a powerhouse. He would have a place in the modern infect deck.
Being more terrifying on a foreign plane is a good fit for a phyrexian card.
7/10

derflippi wrote:
Bone Dam 1GB
Creature - Skeleton Plant (Uncommon)
Intimidate
Maybe we are running from something because we don't want to find out what we are running from
― Iva Marija Bulić

1/5

A multicolor Intimidate card changes the dynamic of the mechanic imidiately, good catch on using that.
The defensive stats are another way to make it more of a choice if you want to attack. One damage is so few though and it is such a good blocker. I would feel the right choice more often is using it as a wall.
The flavor works with those mechanics in a good way and I like the card.
Not sure if it couldn't have been a common with the powerlevel.
7/10

khara wrote:
horny hippo hydra 2G
creature - mutant hydra (rare)

intimidate

whenever a green creature blocks (cardname) put 2 +1/+1 counter on it

whenever an artifact creature blocks (cardname) put 2 +1/+1 counter on it

"reports says they saw a hydra with the head of a hippo..and it has horns!!.... IT has horns!!"

3/3

Hippo is a creature type! And this should have had that, if you are going for that name. So a bit of a flavor loss there.
Very good evasive creature, a limited bomb for sure. Could be unfun. But you found a workaround for the swinginess of Intimidate.
6/10

iSperia wrote:
Creepy Beatle - BG
Creature - Insect Horrow (rare)
Intimidate
Creepy Beatle's power equals to the number of creatures in play.
*/2

Again we have the two color drawback and it also takes up the growing with the number of creatures. Not too sure if Beatle and Horrow are intentional or typos.
There isn't too much flavor here. But it is a workable card in the right rarity and not uninteresting, echoing two other designs in the thread with a bit of a twist.
6/10

racky54 wrote:
Archdemon of Panic 5BB
Creature- Demon (R)
Flying, Intimidate
When Archdemon of Panic enters the battlefield, destroy all creatures with power less than Archdemon of Panic
5/4

Powerful wrath on a stick and a straight up limited bomb. Extra evasive too, almost unblockable. The cost seems to be about right for the card but it will win most limited games it comes down and depends on the meta in constructed.
Fine card but not the most interesting or innovative.
5/10

IvanDano wrote:
Lava Golem

3R

Creature - Golem

Uncommon

Intimidate (This creature can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or creatures that share a color with it.)

When Lava Golem enters the battlefield, you may pay R. If you do, Lava Golem deals 2 damage to target creature or player. That creature cannot be regenerated and if it were destroyed this turn, exiled it instead.

4/4

A golem that isn't an artifact, strange and I think it could have been made one or an Elemental.
It also is too good for it's rarity or manacost. Just by being a 4/4 intimidate for 4 it scates the borders of uncommon I think. But the extra ability, which is pretty wordy, pushes it over the top.
4/10

Good round overall. No real failures, most cards fit the challenge.
I am giving this one to thelemys for winning out on the "interesting" part.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG all
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1