Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 318 - Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Canabiest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: CAC 318 - Judged Reply with quote

derflippi wrote:
Gilly, Kinsbaile Scout / 1WW
Legendary Creature - Kithkin Scout (Rare)
Whenever Gilly deals combat damage to an opponent, search your library for an artifact, reveal it and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.
I don't know what these metal things do, but maybe aunt Brigid does.
2/2

I would have seen that ability as more blue than white. But it can fit as a secondary thing in white and at least for equipment there is recent precedent.
A tie to Artifacts can work out for Kithkin and is nothing they have done before.
Solid card with a solid powerlevel too. Of course depending on the meta, but I see it as hard to break, since it is so interactive.
7/10

IvanDano wrote:
Germ Spreader

1BB

Rare

Creature - Germ Host

Haste

When Germ Spreader enters the battlefield or whenever a creature enters the battlefield, place a Germ counter onto another creature without a Germ counter on it.

Germ Spreader gets +1/+1 for each Germ counter attached to a creature on the battlefield.

2/2

Interesting! This is a different take on germs by being a creature alone. Not sure if Host was needed as a new creature type while Carrier allready exists.
It works pretty well as a mechanical representation of disease spreading. I am not too happy about the counters having the same name as the creature. Also the ability should be targeting I think.
5/10

ShamedShadow wrote:
Planeswept Myr 4

Creature - Myr [Rare]

When Planeswept Myr enters the battlefield, you may add a creature type to its creature types.

Planeswept Myr gets +1/+1 for each creature on the battlefield that shares a creature type with it.

It may be on the wrong plane, but that doesn't mean it's lost.

2/2

A bit similar to the Germ thing with counting creatures. Different from the usual lords these days for counting other player's creatures also.
Joining up with other creatures is something Myr have not done before. But it does not seem like much of a triabl identity. Since they will mostyl be folded into a nother tribe.
5/10

saurgoth wrote:
Sultai Gravekeeper 2B

Creature - Shaman Spellshaper [U]

GU, tap, Discard a card: The next non-colorless spell you cast this turn has Delve.

Ugin's foreboding presence tempered the Sultai quest for power.

2/1

No race type is odd and since creature types matter this time I will have to take it into consideration.
Making the spellshaper affect another spell is a neat twist. Discard costs and Delve work pretty well together, even if this could be considered card disadvantage. But on the other hand it is a ritual of sorts.
A nice twist overall and an interesting card.
7/10

shadowist wrote:
Duskmantle Shinobi 2UB

Creature - Human Ninja (U)

Transmute 1UB

Ninjuitsu 1UB

When ~ deals damage to a player, draw a card and that player discards a card.

2/2

Lazav hoped that those with no ties to Ravnica would be loyal to him alone

A Ninja joining up with the Dimir makes sense. The flavortext making them come from other planes I kinda dislike, but it could be explained in the right storyline.
I like the general synergy of Ninjitsu and Transmute existing in the same format. Returning guys to transmute them etc.
The rarity might be too low. It produces lots of card advantage if it gets through for damage and it is always a tutor. So I personally would have put him at rare.
It is not too much of a mechanical twist to Ninja's just adding the Transmute.
5/10

Thelemys wrote:
Teuz, father of the gods WUBRG
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God MR

Indestructible
Teuz isnít a creature as long as you control no other God.
XX, T: Search your library for an enchantment with a converted mana cost equal to X and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

Inevitably, a monster breeds monsters.
6/6

Having a five color God is a new thing, as is triggering of something other than Devotion. With other Gods that work as they are being five color is even more of a cost.
Not too sure about the tapping. It is something Enchantments usually don't do. Maybe have it only work when he is a creature. But I can see it be done for a legendary creature of this level.
6/10

Bejeezus wrote:
Spawn Cluster | 6

Creature - Eldrazi Spawn (Rare)

Spawn Cluster's power and toughness are
each equal to the number of colorless permanents
you control.

When Spawn Cluster dies, put X colorless 0/1
Eldrazi Spawn creature tokens into play, where X
is the number of colorless permanents you control.
They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add 1 to your
mana pool."

*/*

A colorless Spawn is a minor twist that makes sense. It can be a powerful card, being at least up there with the number of lands. But at the cost it does not seem overpowered. In an Eldrazi the death trigger will be very useful and even otherwise it will be a big stall.
I like this one, even if it does not take Eldrazi or Spawn into a radically new direction. But it does something that has not been done before with them.
7/10

Csquared08 wrote:
Satyr Healer 1WW

Creature - Satyr Cleric (U)

Flash

When Satyr Healer enters the battlefield, prevent the next 3 damage that would be dealt to target creature.

2/2

With Xenagos dead and the Great Revel over, many satyrs turned to more peaceful ways of life.

Makes sense to have a changed satyr after Xenagos is gone. Depending on how the healer is depicted it could still work with the classic satyr. Being more of a sensual healer using lots of wine or something. Instead of a restrained doctor type.
Putting a tribe into a new color is a good way to give them a new twist.
The mechanics and powerlevel are cool.
8/10

Strid3r wrote:
Teferi's Scion 1UU

Creature - Human Wizard | Rare

Tap: Counter target spell you control. Draw 2 cards.

1/1

Countering you own spells is a new cost. I assume that will be the new things Wizards do. I can see that carrying the tribe mechanically for a set.
Wizards do not have a strong identity, but working with countering spells is cool.
I asked for a creature type limited to one or few planes or sets before. Neither Wizard nor Human applies. So I will have to deduct some points.
5/10

iSperia wrote:
Royal Prism (2)
Artifact Creature - Prism (mythic rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a Prism creature 0/1 token with "Sacrifice this creature: add (1) to your mana pool" on the battlefield.
0/3

Very niche creature type but a good find. Easy to give it a new twist if only one token exists. Still making the Prism tokens into basically Eldrazi Spawn is not the most creative.
I feel rare might be the appropriate rarity here too. It is missing some punch for the mythic level. Not too far from Awakening Zone, which is a rare, slightly more expensive but harder to destroy.
Overall a bit underwhelming.
5/10

Stucco wrote:
Preeminent Scarblade.........1GB
Creature - Elf Assassin........U

T: Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn for each creature you control that share a type with Preeminent Scarblade.

3/2

Again a rather common creature type. It also is not doing much that seems like a new identity for either elves or assasins, if we look at Lorwyn.
4/10

Giving the win to: Csquared08
Many entries I see on similar levels in this one.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: CAC 318 - Judged Reply with quote

Canabiest wrote:
No race type is odd and since creature types matter this time I will have to take it into consideration.

I don't understand what this means; can you explain, please, Canabiest?
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman is a profession, so is the other creature type of your card.

All creatures have a certain race: Are they snake (naga), are they human, goblin, orc, boar, bear, bird ?

Some creatures also have a profession: Archer, Scout, Warrior, Soldier etc.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what Flippi said.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who got 7/10 could launch the next cac.

derflippi
saurgoth
bejeezus
Canabiest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, whoever of the sevens wants it.
Csquared08

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, my bad. Was away the past couple days and didn't even think that I was gonna win and hold up the next one. Sorry Sad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1