Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modern Daily 2 with UG gifts

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Modern Daily 2 with UG gifts Reply with quote

Updated decklist in response to bannings and the new set.

4 Noble hierarch
2 Spell Snare
2 Remand
1 Deprive (remand in video)
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Mana Leak
1 Snapcaster Mage
1 Threads of disloyalty
1 Vedalken Shackles
3 Kitchen Finks
4 Eternal Witness
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
1 Vendillion Clique
3 Cryptic Command
3 Gifts Ungiven
1 Thragtusk

4 Breeding Pool
2 Forest
4 Island
4 Misty Rainforest
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Wooded Foothill's
2 Flooded Grove
3 Treetop Village
1 Faerie Conclave
1 Tectonic Edge

Sideboard

1 Obstinate Baloth (Burn, Jund, decks with lili, delver, hatebears)
1 Spellskite (Twin, Infect, burn, hexproof, delver, affinity)
1 Deglamer ( Affinity, infect Tron with wurmcoil, burn, twin, random hate cards)
2 Gutshot ( Infect, delver, affinity, junk, jund)
1 Threads of disloyalty (Aggro, Jund, affinity, infect, delver, junk)
1 Hurkyl's Recall (affinity)
1 Fracturing Gust (Affinity, hexproof)
1 Creeping Corrosion (affinity)
1 Engineered Explosives (tokens, zoo, affinity, infect, junk)
1 Unravel the Aether (Wurmcoil decks ,Hexproof, affinity, random hate cards, burn eidloon moon)
1 Back to Nature (hexproof)
1 Thragtusk (Junk, Burn, Uwr)
1 Tectonic Edge, (Tron, Scapeshift, Control) (this is a phyrxian metamorph is this video
1 Meloku, the clouded mirror (infect decks with little or no removal)

The Original Thread http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=17852

Games are over replays as i struggle to play and record at the same time.

Primer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRJY_0RflzI&list=UUp8tscjd2pT-yg4ASHcAsdg

Round 1 UWR delver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jec97eiTUnw&list=UUp8tscjd2pT-yg4ASHcAsdg

Round 2 Junk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dQFMlKKJZA&list=UUp8tscjd2pT-yg4ASHcAsdg

Round 3 Scapeshift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJrsPfT5ksQ&list=UUp8tscjd2pT-yg4ASHcAsdg

Round 4 RW Brew https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xuzVdCG4mw&list=UUp8tscjd2pT-yg4ASHcAsdg

Hope you Enjoy:)

Last edited by GreenBear on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:43 am; edited 10 times in total
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this deck...it can easily win back tempo if lost and eternal command combo can beat late game.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's I've been working on it for a while and are starting to get really good result's in the daily's which sadly i can only play friday, saturday night due to work commitments. I think i have the list as close to perfect now as i can get it, via a few sideboard cards I'm fiddling around with.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my ignorance, but with only 3 cards able to deal with it (including sb) and all three vulnerable to abrupt decay, how do you fight and survive a well placed scavenging ooze? Thanks.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the hardest card for me to beat, if it resolves which it often does not but it is possible, it's the card i least want to see, out of all the cards in modern. I have a video of me beating a GW deck from a daily i have not put up yet, in which i snare turn 2 ooze, he vials one in on three and i win though vial and multiple big dumb creatures.

Cryptic, Gifts play a big part. Well the whole deck to be honest, it just functions really well. But it's not like ooze is in every deck list and the ones that are playing are often only playing 2 or 3. I can Tempo abzan or grind them out, decay and ooze are there 2 best cards against me.

I beat junk round 2 of this daily, he gets a bit unlucky as he stalls on land. But the match up is fairly even.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, that's what i thought, not unbeatable but the hardest card to play against. the problem i see though is siege rhino decks are gonna be all around, with 3 ooze and 3 decays at least on each list. add relics from sb (or extirpate, which will be very played against combo, or at least should), then you have a tough matchup against one of the 3 most common decks in modern.
i like this kind of decks, just wish it was a better time to play them
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as bad as you think, they only have 4 decay, you have far more need to answer spells in the 3cc or below slot, plus witness to recur any of them. That said if all junk decks, start playing noble heirarch, that makes things worse for you.

Of the PT decks junk is probably its worst match up, the heirach version is much harder. Then Twin which is another tough match up, with a lot of skill to it which always makes it hard to give match up percentages.

Burn and Amulet of Vigor are both great match ups. As is affinity its very hard to lose after board. Zoo is good. Storm is good. Add nauseum is good Infect is very hard but improves after board. Scapeshift is fairly good. Delver is good, hexproof is good after board. All Control is good. Modern is a very diverse format, and its not like you just lose to abzan the match up is easily winnable. You have game across the board, there's no deck you just lose to accept maybe tron but that loses to every combo deck and aggro deck in the format, so why would anyone be playing that deck. Merfolk is impossible as well but thats not a significant player.

Graveyard hate is not the prevalent atm and its not as good vs you as it sometimes appears, with the excpetion of ooze as that provides a significant threat at the same time. Gifts is still a good card, even if they have graveyard hate.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure thing, but i have the feeling rhinos will be played a lot after departure of treasure cruise.
anyway, my skills are thousands light years away from yours as i do not play physical magic and hardly play it online, it's just like an old habit, that's why i liked this deck, old style man!
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treasure Cruise is long gone dude. My skills are not so great, I just lost 5 games of magic in a row 2 of them to burn with this deck!
cosmokramer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice decklist, I usually don't post here anymore but Abzan has a hard time dealing with Sower of Temptation (and that could work vs Ooze too).

Have you ever considered a singleton Life from the Loam or Academy Ruins?
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks, I use to have one sower in the main deck. Dying to bolt, path, for 4 mana and getting blown out lead to it being cut. It was cut fairly late on in the building process as it was fairly solid in many match up's. Honestly Ooze is very beatable and though i'm not saying it's not an issue, its not as big an issue as you may think.

And no I have never considered the life from the loam, ruins package. I assume engineered explosive's would be coming in also, if you ran that package. I've seen it in other gift's deck but the whole process felt to slow and clunky for the modern format, to me.

If I was going to add such a bullet package as life from the loam, it would need to vastly improve a difficult match up. Which I can not picture it doing but it's not a card I have played with much. So I could be overlooking some of it's potential.
Cosmo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the Abzan around, you might face just a few Bolts (from Twin mostly). Regarding Abzan, they can only answer it with 2 Path/Dismember/Murderous Cut (whatever the list play, but mostly is 4 Decay and 2/3 others). It beats Liliana, blocks Spirit tokens, and can't be discarded to IoK. Razz

On LftL: In Gifts with black you also have Raven's Crime to empty their hand. Here, I would consider it only against Tron, Amulet and Scapeshift. You basically Ghost Quarter them to death. Explosives+Academy Ruins is indeed slow, but you can jam a singleton Ruins in there since you are only playing 2 colors (and only 1 other colorless land)

Btw, can you liste the good and bad matchups?

EDIT: Lol I used Mozilla (haven't used it in years) and it remembered my previous account's lost password, I'm cosmokramer in the post above.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Good match ups, burn, uwr control, any control variant, amulet of vigor, affinity (after board its so easy), zoo, ad naseum, storm, hexproof (hard game 1 but great after board) scapeshift, twin, mono black discard mono green Nyx.

Match Ups that go either way Junk, TarmoTwin, Living End, delver, infect (things get better after board though I also find myself winning game 1's also.)

Bad Match Ups junk (with noble heirach with out is close to even) GW hate bears, Mono Green Beats??? (how do you ever beat combo) Soul Sisters, Tokens. These are still very winnable

Next to unwinnable match ups Tron, Merfolk, Summoning Trap.dec (why are you even playing this when counterspells are at an all time low?.dec) Personally with the exception of merfolk I think all the deck's on this list are terrible choices at the moment.

I'm very tight on space in the list and I like the idea of life from the loam vs tron, I've ran into 0 tron in the last week or so but if it does show up again I will certainly be trying it in the board.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1