Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 312: Meta - Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
saurgoth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: CaC 312: Meta - Judged Reply with quote

Create a Create a Card Challenge.

Winner will be selected by end of weekend, judged on the merit of best embodying either the word "meta" or the word "hijacked".

Last edited by saurgoth on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
pantheismftw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a card that is you in card form.
IvanDano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a card using a new keyword ability named Tame that allows a player to gain control of creature cards on the battlefield from other players.
Domine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a card that in some way destroys all cards of a certain type in the battlefield.
Livermush

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a card that isn't playable in standard but might would get banned in modern, legacy or vintage.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a card worse than Chimney Imp, yet printable. It needs either 'meta' or 'hijacked' in its flavor text.

Last edited by derflippi on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a lot of those challenges.
I dont understand why they dont use the good words?
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a white card that behaves like a blue card.
kenny18O

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

create a card that allow you to put cards from your library into your graveyard
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a card that produces mana in an original way.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Canabiest ? Or Saurgoth ?
saurgoth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantheismftw - Very very meta. It will probably prove impossible for you to judge, however, so I'll have to award the win to someone else.

IvanDano - Ah, someone going for hijacking instead of meta. Your mechanic would open up a decent design space for the next CaC, which might just get you the win for this contest.

Domine - This is the best meta suggestion yet, particularly because of the phrase "in some way". Your entry would have been stronger, however if you had gone for "___s all cards of a certain type in a certain zone".

Livermush - Nice!!! You took the word meta and used it as a prefix, slapping it in front of the word game. If I give you the win, I don't know how I'll come up with an entry for your CaC, but I'll assume others are more imaginative than myself so as to not hold that against you.

derflippi - Preferred the original submission; it was meta enough without the flavor text constraint. You were never going to beat Livermush, though. Solid entry, but a bit like playing a Grizzly Bear after your opponent swings with a Grave Titan.

AxiomBlurr - Good, another hijacking entry, and much more compelling than the Tame mechanic. Looks like it's down to you and Livermush. Could see alot of interesting cards/reprints in a shift-the-color-pie-CaC.

bobbytg - Does not appear to fit this CaC. Gave it a bit of thought, and there's just nothing "meta" or "hijacky" about milling yourself.

Thelemys - Yep, mana is fairly central to Magic, and is itself something of an abstract concept. So good job focusing on the fundamentals. Third place honors.

Special honors to pantheism for the most "self-referential" submission. Second place to LiverMush for his metagame theme. First to AxiomBlurr for a hijacking - and also, arguably, meta - submission that opens up a creative design space for the next CaC. If Axiom doesn't post by Wednesday, fair game for LiverMush.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I was too tired to understand fully the meaning of the contest.

I won a contest not long ago so I just want someone to post the next CAC as fast as possible, preferably not me Embarassed
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1