Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JPEG Error #53

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: JPEG Error #53 Reply with quote

So, having come across an error I haven't seen before for the first time in a long time (and as a judge, you see a lot of errors Wink), I decided to document this error here in case others come across it in the future and have no idea how to handle it.

The Error: As best as I can tell, the error occurs when MWS attempts to draw card images in MWSPlay. Namely, the error occured to me in one of two situations - either when I drew a card form my library or when I attempted to mulligan. It's only with one specific decklist, and other decklists are more or less unaffected.

The results of this error are either a popup window with the error message (such as the title of this thead), or your images on MWS may be slightly messed up (such as images not loading properly).

The Conclusions:

Having conducted personal research and consulted my oracles on my dilemma (read: used google), I have come to the following conclusions about this error.

1. The error is caused when MWS attempts to pull card images and draw them in-game.

2. Despite Detonator saying to the contrary in an unrelated issue generating the same error, I do believe that MWSDraw.dll is to blame here, and it is a coding issue.

3. The error may or may not be caused by corrupted image files.

At this stage, I'll track to find out what specific image file is causing the crash, and see what happens from there.

Last edited by Weedmonkey on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your MWS is very serene.
adamf9898

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news on fixing this error ?

BUMP!

Still nothing? (From august 9 2014 to jan 1 2015)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1