Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 277: Win Condition - Judged

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
saurgoth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: CaC 277: Win Condition - Judged Reply with quote

jCreate a card that pretty much wins you the game if it resolves. If you have a format in mind, feel free to name it (the first two real cards that come to mind for me are Jitte in Limited or Cyclonic Rift in Standard).

The aspect I'm looking for above all else is printability. Beyond that, go for something fun! For example, Hidetsugu's Second Rite is interesting. Searing Wind is not.

Happy building.

Last edited by saurgoth on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soundgarden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opposing "Hero's downfall", applying a new mechanic, thinking about how often "Hatred" won EDH games by commander damage:

Format: EDH / Commander
Hopefully printed in: Commander 2014

Instant
Target legendary creature you control gets +X/+0 until end of turn where X is the amount of Commander Damage that creature has dealt in this game so far.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memory Furnace 3P(r)

Artifact - rare

At the beginning of each player's upkeep that player choses a card from his or her graveyard at random and puts it on the bottom of his or her library. Memory Furnace deals damage equal to that card's converted mana cost to that player.

P(u), T: Put target card in a graveyard on the bottom of its owner's library.

Sometimes your mistakes of the past come to haunt you. Sometimes you are glad if they would just do that.

P(x) is a phyrexian mana of the color in the brackets.
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantheismftw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fight RR

Instant

Until end of turn, if a source you control would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals twice that much damage instead. At the beginning of the next turn's upkeep, you lose the game.

Patience is a virtue like dead is a mood.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Goblins-203269847
Quote:
Goblin Invasion
Enchantment R
Sacrifice a permanent: Put a 1/1 red Goblin creature token with haste onto the battlefield.
Like lava hurtles along the mountain, they spread the heat and the din!
Strid3r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:

I would call this Two with Nothing.
kamphgruppe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Mind Tap Reply with quote

Mind Tap (3)

Legendary Artifact - Mythic Rare

Cumulative upkeep exile a card from your graveyard.

When and opponent draws a card you may T: Draw a Card

Sacrifice Mind Tap: Until the end of turn whenever an opponent draws a card, you draw an equal number of cards.

Your thoughts are my thoughts!

Last edited by kamphgruppe on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:45 am; edited 3 times in total
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicator of Souls 4WB

Creature - Spirit [Mythic Rare]

Vigilance, deathtouch, flying

At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile Vindicator of Souls. If you do, destroy target permanent. Return Vindicator of Souls to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.

4/4
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha Dominance
1GGG
Enchantment - Mythic Rare
At the beginning of your upkeep, search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to 1 plus the greatest converted mana cost among creatures you control, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magma Avalanche - (X)(R)
Sorcery (rare)
Magma Avalanche costs (1) less for each nonbasic land your opponent controls.
Magma Avalanche deals X damage to target player.
This fire flow will bury your cities, your lands, yourself - Chandra Nalaar

target format: any constructed, when meta full of 3+color decks
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myojin of Artifical Work. (7)
(Mythic Rare)
(Artifact) 6/9

(1R) Remove a divinity counter, Deal 4 damage to target creature or player.
(W) Remove a divinity counter, Gain 3 life.
(3B) Remove a divinity counter, target player discards 2 cards at random.
(1U) Remove a divinity counter, Draw a card and return target creature to its owners hand.
(xG) Remove a divinity counter, put 1/1 Saprolings equal to X into play.
(1) Put a Divinity counter on Myojin of Artifical Work.

-------------------------
Yes I believe this text could fit on a card :p. And yes I think its easily answerable, but GGGGGG if it sticks.
Mizukage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A**pull | 23

Sorcery - M

A**pull can't be countered.

A**pull costs 22 less to play if -
you have 3 life or less; or an opponent has more cards in hand, more life and more permanents controlled than you; or a library has 9 or fewer cards in it; or the total power of creatures an opponent controls is 13 or more.

Restart the game. You gain an emblem "If you have two or more emblems like this, you win the game." Exile A**pull.

Or if the opponent has a flipped Delver on turn 2...
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizukage wrote:
A**pull

I'll judge later tonight, or whenever I'm done laughing my a** off, whichever comes first.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundgarden - Evoking a card like Hatred is exactly what I'm looking for, but I'll have to take your word on the viability of Commander Damage. I'm skeptical that Magic will ever keep track of the damage a permanent deals over the course of the game. You score 3 out of 3, but you probably won't finish first.

pseudodespot - Feels like a Birthing Pod, which can certainly take over a game and is hard to remove at a CMC of 4. I don't see your Memory Furnace, however, having a powerful effect. This seems to fit in Legacy alongside Deathrite Shaman, and you're not likely to hit an opponent for more than 3 in most formats. I do like the new twist of random graveyard card; I've been waiting for Wizards to start caring about the order of a graveyard again, and this isn't too unrelated. (Think Junktroller.) 2 out of 3

Jacois - Awesome. Set this up right, and your opponent is staring down a Ghost Council or an AEtherling with nothing but the top of his or her deck. Destroys Detention Sphere and Chained to the Rocks. Abusable with anything that has Champion. Great card, 3 out of 3

pantheismftw - If would be perfect if I had asked for a card that makes sure the game will END, but I'm not sure the person who cast it will be doing all of the winning. I like it, it just doesn't fit the description as well as most other entries. 2 out of 3

Thelemys - Probably not all that effective at finishing off an opponent. It could backfire badly, and in order to work well it needs things to go smoothly After hitting the board, so it's not what I was looking for. Also fails to score a point for being fun/interesting because, you know, people have won games before by attacking with a whole mess of gobbos. You did well to credit the artist, though! Failing to do so will probably cost Jacois the win. 1 out of 3
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2