Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to beat turbo fog

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Zeph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: hMM Reply with quote

if you don't use black, the discards will not be there for you. esper has that advantage. i suggest 4 needle (since they're useful against gates-combo and other decks, and some mill. maybe jace) and youre wrong, you have land destruction. maybe you can use 3 encroaching wastes in side or less, according to the room in your deck Wink. i wouldnt mind taking all the removal and adding them, or making any exchange for up to 4 of them.

use render silence -i guess u do, then use them when it's the right time. most things in magic are about this. same as for the wastes, use them when ur opp cant use the maze ability.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even 4 Pithing Needle aren't enough to beat TurboFog alone. They have Abrupt Decay to remove those Needles and go on.

You need to combine that combo-delay (Needle) with some agression (Brimaz?), or instead of combo-delay use complete combo denial:

I suggest Encroaching Wastes.
_Godica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Jace5. Or, just let the GR/jund players put some Ruric Thars in their sideboard and take care of the problem for you.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the turbo fog build people think is good, is reallyyyy weak if u got the right cards against it. Goodluck and dont let people win with these bad builds=/
_Godica

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just a particular build -- the whole philosophy of the deck is vulnerable to a handful of cards that most people should have at least in their sideboard.

Jace5, Rakdos's Return, Ruric Thar, Sire of Insanity, Gray Merchant, Skullcrack (and other burn), Stormbreath Dragon, and Sin Collector are all quite strong. If Turbofog is able to dominate your meta, you probably have an unhealthy amount of control decks around -- and if that's the case, you should have Jace5 in your sideboard already.
kamphgruppe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Your the agressive deck Reply with quote

In this matchup you are no longer the control deck. You need to get a beatdown on the board ASAP. If they are taking 4 or 5 to the face every turn they will run out of fogs eventually. The issue is that they have wrath effects as well and if you overcommit they Verdict away your critters. My strategy has been to side in effects which will counteract the wrath effects. Rootborn defences, Boros Charm etc. Counter any card drawing they posess and keep you beatdown active and you should kill them more often than you don't. I side in like 3 piting needles and 3 boros/rootborn.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty weak overall, sometimes you can just attack with creatures until he runs out of fogs.
syspunk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am currently playing turbofog. honestly the u/w control matchup is almost a bye for me. however there are a few cards that can trip me up.

encroaching wastes would be the best, however it would be silly of you to waste spots in your sb just for that.

jace, memory adept can REALLY be a problem. drop that g2 and watch me scoop 90% of the time. expect turbofog to sb in some hate cards g3.

7-8 more counterspells. you only need to counter 2 fogs to win if you play it right. even though maze's end is land fetch, it is usually pushing it's mana to the max to play all it needs.

brimaz can quickly become a problem. but it is also very easy to remove. you can try sbing him in, but i don't find him to be much if an issue.

mutavault should be in every u/w control deck. unless your opp has opped to throw quicken into his deck for giggles, maze's end has nothing except pithing needle to stop mutavaults. you have plenty of ways to deal with needles. get a mutie out and start swinging. eventually they will have to start fogging, and eventually they will run out.

other cards not in u/w that cause problems for turbofog are rakdos return, duress/thoughtseize, stormbreath dragon, ruric the unbound, grey merchant, skullcrack, and heavy burn or counterspells decks in general. most would say b/r aggro is it's weakest matchup, but i have secret tech to deal with that hehe.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1