Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 254 (JUDGED)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
BlackPen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrogant wing crafter 2r

creature - human uncommon

Heroic - Put 2 +1/+1 counters on ~ and ~ gains flying until end of turn.

At the beginning of your end step, if ~ has power 5 or greater, sacrifice ~.

2/1
Canabiest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meletian Scoundrel
2U
Creature - Human Rogue
Rare

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Meletian Scoundrel, you may attach target Equipment or Aura to it.

2/2

"Why grab only one thing if you've got two hands?"
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this one too, but it's less original IMHO. So I want to be judged on my Cyclops.
Rockets

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repeating Grotesque 1BW

Creature - Gargoyle - Rare

Flying

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Repeating Grotesque, you may pay (B/W). If you do, target player discards a card and loses 1 life.

2/1
aule

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luthar, the Master | 2BB
Planeswalker - Luthar | M
Heroic - Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, put a loyalty counter on ~.
-1 Destroy target creature.
-2 Draw 3 cards, then sacrifice a permanent.
-10 Put a 20/20 black Demon creature token with Flying and haste onto the battlefield. You lose the game at the beginning of the next end step.
/5
shadowist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mass of Trolls GU

Creatrure - Troll (R)

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets ~, put a shield counter on ~.

Remove a shield counter from ~: Regenerate ~ and ~ gains hexproof until end of turn.

Whenever an opponent's spell or ability requires you to sacrifice a creature, you may remove a shield counter from ~ instead.

1/1

Last edited by shadowist on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
mana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowist wrote:
Mass of Trolls GU

Creatrure - Troll (R)

Whenever ~ is dealt damage, destroyed, or exiled, remove a shield counter from it instead.

Whenever an opponent's spell or ability requires you to sacrifice a creature, you may remove a shield counter from ~ instead.

1/1

Just saying, but as it is worded, even with no shield counters on this, it can't be destroyed, dealt damage, or exiled...
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowist wrote:
Mass of Trolls GU

Creatrure - Troll (R)

Remove a shield counter from ~ : regenerate ~, it gains hexproof until end of turn.

1/1
better no? or
Quote:
Remove a shield counter from ~ : it gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.
mana

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:
shadowist wrote:
Mass of Trolls GU

Creatrure - Troll (R)

Remove a shield counter from ~ : regenerate ~, it gains hexproof until end of turn.

1/1
better no? or
Quote:
Remove a shield counter from ~ : it gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.

I think to get the function he originally wanted, it would have to say:

If ~ would be dealt (lethal?) damage, destroyed, or exiled, you may remove a shield counter from it. If you do, ~ remains on the battlefield instead.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or use "if ~ would leave the battlefield..."
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herakles, Son of Heliod GW

Legendary Creature - Human Warrior Mythic

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Herakles, put a +1/+1 counter on Herakles.

If Herakles has twelve or more +1/+1 counters, it becomes an enchantment creature and gains hexproof, indestructible and trample.

2/2
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cetrax, the Horn Blower WRR

Creature - Human Warrior

Heroic - Whenever Cetrax, the Horn Blower becomes the target of a spell or ability gain control of target creature you do not control until end of turn.

3/3

"All follow his call to the ends of the earth and beyond"
_Godica

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Create a Card 254 Reply with quote

Thank you all for submitting your creations, I saw a lot of creative ideas and (though it wasn't a primary judging consideration) great flavor. A few were too far outside the box for me today, and the top submissions were those that gave a fresh take on the ability, without rocking the boat too much.

Domine wrote:
Belenus, Archer from the Sun 1RW

Legendary Creature - Human Archer

Lifelink, first strike.

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Belenus, Belenus deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures or players where X is number of creatures you control.

3/1

Rare

I like the card a lot, it seems very powerful but also very vulnerable, which is just right for a RW archer. Nice trigger, nice card.

Livermush wrote:
Whytfang, Sword of Heroes | 2
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (Rare)

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets a creature equipped with Whytfang, Sword of Heroes, put 3 charge counters on Whytfang, Sword of Heroes.

Remove a counter: gain 1 life, target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn, or equipped creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

Equip: 2

Jitte 2.0 is a nice idea, and flavorwise it makes sense. However it's a card that does nothing without two support cards, a creature and a spell, and to me that is a design flaw.

Steveman wrote:
Xemedius the Restorer (Mythic Rare)
1GW
Legendary Creature - Human Druid
Hexproof
Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Xemedius, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Xemedius.
1/1

If i were to play this card, it would be to abuse it by looping two 1-CMC heroic enablers to get a massive creature with hexproof, which I don't think was the mechanical intent of the card and certainly doesn't fit with the flavor.

mana wrote:
Intrepidling 1UW
Creature - Shapeshifter (Rare)
Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Intrepidling, you may have target creature become a copy of this creature until end of turn.

Intrepidling's power and toughness are each equal to the number of creatures in play with Heroic.

It inspires courage in friend and foe alike.
*/*

This is a very intriguing mechanical idea, but I don't think it's particularly suited to the heroic keyword.

pseudodespot wrote:
Satrista, Impostor of Thassa 2UUU

Legendary Creature - Merfolk (mythic)

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Satrista, put a 6/6 blue Kraken creature token with "This creature can't attack unless defending player controls an island." onto the battlefield.

1UU, T: Search your library for an island card and put it onto the battlefield under any player's control. Then shuffle your library.

2/4

Thassa soon found out that her usual ways of punishment didn't work.

It's hard for me to grade this, because it's such an out-of-control card. It seems like it may as well say "if you untap with this card in play, win the game," but giving your opponent an extra land to work with is a difficult drawback to fully appreciate. The flavor is also going a little over my head, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that the right card image would bring it together.

Mizukage wrote:
Piram, Forcemage Overlord | 1WW

Legendary Creature - Human Soldier Wizard (M)

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets <cardname>, that spell may target any number of creatures instead. You may choose additional targets for it.

2/2

When I read the text I imagine a UR creature, though I guess it makes sense in white as well. I like the concept, however, I am concerned about the power level of a card that turns Giant Growth into Overrun.

iSperia wrote:
Wild Raider - R/G
Creature - Human Berserk (rare)
Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Wild Raider, Wild Raider gets +X/+X and trample untill the end of turn, where X equals to the converted mana cost of that spell
2/1

I'd like this a lot more if it were sacrificed at the end of the turn for a sufficiently high value of X, but as is it's still a very good entry. Not the most creative, but balanced and playable enough to really stand out.

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Hydromage's Insight U

Instant - Rare

Draw a card.

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Hydromage's Insight, draw two cards.

The water is the will is the way is the water.

For me, this is too far out of the box.

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Mimeosoldier - UU1
Creature - Human Soldier (Rare)
Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Mimeosoldier, put a copy of Mimeosoldier onto the battlefield.
2/3

This is another one where I like the mechanic, but it would be better if it were not under the "heroic" keyword.

sc4rs wrote:
Serra's Martyr
W
Creature - Human Cleric - Rare
Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Serra's Martyr, you may sacrifice it. If you do, search your library for a creature card named Serra Angel and put it onto the battlefield under your control. Shuffle your library afterwards.
1/1
Some only become heroes after their death.

I guess martyrdom is a sort of heroism...I'm still not sold on it though. I cast firebreathing on my dude, and he just dies. Why? I guess he really didn't want to breathe fire.

thelemys wrote:
Cyclops of the Tabula Rasa 1GR
Creature - Cyclops R
Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Cyclops of the Tabula Rasa, each player sacrifices all nonbasic lands he or she controls, search his or her library for that many basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle his or her library.
With one eye you only see basic things.
3/3

This is the sort of effect I would associate more with Monstrous than with heroic. I don't think a creature with an ability this huge should be able to use that ability repeatedly.

ShamedShadow wrote:
Mindbender Triton 1UB

Creature - Merfolk Wizard [Uncommon]

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Mindbender Triton, choose one: Target player discards a card; or target player puts the top two cards of his or her library into their graveyard.

2/3

I like this card a lot. It seems well balanced, and though I don't think it would see a ton of competitive play it would be very powerful in Limited, EDH, or casual. I'd love to see it as a specter, but I guess using a creature type already seen in Theros is a sensible decision.

IdlerSpawn wrote:
Herot, Hall of Heroes

Land- Legendary (R)

T: Add 1 to your mana pool

All creatures you control with a +1/+1 counter have Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets this card, put a +1/+1 counter on all cards you control with Heroic then put a +1/+1 counter on up to one creature you control without Heroic

Conceptually, a land that makes creatures heroic is a nice idea. I think this execution is a bit awkward, and at the end of the day the card just looks like a clunkier version of Gavony Township.

Stucco wrote:
Verdant Archmage.....................GG
Creature - Human Warrior...........R

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Verdant Archmage, put a +1/+1 counter on Verdant Archmage. Then search your library for an instant card with converted mana cost equal to the number of counters on Verdant Archmage, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.
1/1

A nice card, it starts off innocent enough but can get our of control quickly, which seems to be a theme with green this set. My only issue with this card is that no one is going to have a toolbox of green instants, so it's just going to be spell A gets spell B gets spell C every game, which seems a waste of an otherwise very fun ability.

BlackPen wrote:
Arrogant wing crafter 2r

creature - human uncommon

Heroic - Put 2 +1/+1 counters on ~ and ~ gains flying until end of turn.

At the beginning of your end step, if ~ has power 5 or greater, sacrifice ~.

2/1

Well-executed concept, and I like the tie-in with greek mythology. This would be the winner in a flavor contest, but mechanics-wise it's not the most creative.

Canabiest wrote:
Meletian Scoundrel
2U
Creature - Human Rogue
Rare

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Meletian Scoundrel, you may attach target Equipment or Aura to it.

2/2

"Why grab only one thing if you've got two hands?"

This would ruin so many Limited games.

ck3gds wrote:
Arkanos, Mystical Conduit 1UR

Legendary Creature Human Wizard (rare)

Heroic Whenever you cast a spell that targets Arkanos, Mystical Conduit, you may copy that spell. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. This copy can't target Arkanos.

2/2

I don't have too much to say about this. It's a very well designed card.

Rockets wrote:
Repeating Grotesque 1BW

Creature - Gargoyle - Rare

Flying

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Repeating Grotesque, you may pay (B/W). If you do, target player discards a card and loses 1 life.

2/1

I'm a bit put off by the callback to Extort. The design is interesting, but today it's not what I want to see.

aule wrote:
Luthar, the Master | 2BB
Planeswalker - Luthar | M
Heroic - Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, put a loyalty counter on ~.
-1 Destroy target creature.
-2 Draw 3 cards, then sacrifice a permanent.
-10 Put a 20/20 black Demon creature token with Flying and haste onto the battlefield. You lose the game at the beginning of the next end step.
/5

This raises all sorts of questions. What does it even mean for a planeswalker to also be "heroic." Does this mean that other planeswalkers aren't "heroic"? Furthermore, as far as I know the only cards that target planeswalkers are the ones that destroy them (unless you want to Ice your own permanent, I guess).

shadowist wrote:
Mass of Trolls GU

Creatrure - Troll (R)

Remove a shield counter from ~: Regenerate ~ and ~ gains hexproof until end of turn.

1/1

The mechanics are interesting, not my favorite I've seen but pretty good. I'm very put off by the flavor though -- a single heroic troll would be surprising enough, let alone a whole "mass" of them.

Balaviaris wrote:
Herakles, Son of Heliod GW

Legendary Creature - Human Warrior Mythic

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Herakles, put a +1/+1 counter on Herakles.

If Herakles has twelve or more +1/+1 counters, it becomes an enchantment creature and gains hexproof, indestructible and trample.

2/2

The flavor is good, but I have a couple issues with the mechanics. First, the heroic trigger is just +1/+1 counters which is pretty much exactly what I said not to do. The second ability helps, but imo he should be an enchantment from the start, or not gain Hexproof. Otherwise what's the point of becoming an enchantment? So your Serra'a Sanctum can make more mana?

Raybelfast wrote:
Cetrax, the Horn Blower WRR

Creature - Human Warrior

Heroic - Whenever Cetrax, the Horn Blower becomes the target of a spell or ability gain control of target creature you do not control until end of turn.

3/3

"All follow his call to the ends of the earth and beyond"

Nice submission, Act of Treason on a stick is a pretty sweet card and fits very well in the world of Theros. This isn't quite that though -- in fact, as worded it might as well say "target creature can't block," which would be a fine card too.

-----

Sorry for a bit of a rushed judging. ck3gds wins this one, iSperia is runner-up and Domine gets the bronze.

Last edited by _Godica on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
_Godica

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I was multitasking while I wrote it up and had to take a break in the middle. Fixed now.
Livermush

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got robbed on this one.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3