Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card #251 (JUDGED)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIRDYYY wrote:
CMA-Flippi wrote:
Mol Ring - 1
Artifact (Rare)
Tap: Add 1 to your mana pool.
Lost to time is the artificer's art of trapping black light from a near star in a ring of purest silver.

Flippi....I have thought of this exact card for about 4 years now... thats not fair =/
No drawback? Even Legendary?
Selkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantheismftw wrote:
Slaughterrunt, Bloodbather R

Legendary Creature - Goblin Berserker

When Slaugterrunt enters the battlefield, each opponent looses 2 times the amount of mana used to cast him.

Haste

If an opponent has less than 7 life, prevent all damage that would be dealt by slaughterrunt.

"This one will lead the greatest mobs ever seen.
If he can do this kind of damage before being even half-grown, simply imagine the carnage to come." ~Krenko

2/1

I'd change loss of life to damage. Red does direct damage only, black does loss of life.
Steveman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mecha-Squee, Goblin Nabob (Mythic Rare)
4R
Legendary Artifact Creature - Goblin
When Mecha-Squee enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 red Goblin artifact creature onto the battlefield.
If Mecha Squee were to leave the battlefield, exile it instead. At the beginning of the next upkeep, return Mecha-Squee to the battlefield under its owner's control."
3/3
"He always comes back with more."

Last edited by Steveman on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
shadowist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalika, Witch Doctor 2BR

Legendary Creature - Troll Cleric (M)

When Kalika comes into play, transform Kalika.

4/4

//

Kalika, Medic Ascent
(B/R)
Planeswalker - Kalika

+1: Creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn

-2: Regenerate each creature you control. This lasts until the start of your next turn.

-7: Return each creature in all graveyards onto the battlefield. They have haste.

/* The 1st PW usable as a commander */
Sibilla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell in love with a lot of the cards in this Create a Card. Judging below.

Livermush wrote:
Effigy of Progress | UBW
Enchantment (Rare)

When you cast a spell, an opponent may search your library for a card with the same name as that spell and exile it. If they do, counter that spell.

Spells you control can't be countered by spells or abilities your opponents control.

I like this card. In commander, the first effect is completely nullified, so I feel this would find its way into every esper deck.
Commander playability: 10/10

I asked for the card to be playable in at least one other format, and I can't really see a place for this anywhere else. The only other format where you don't regularly play multiple copies is limited, and you see relatively few counterspells there.
Other Format Playability: 1/10

I feel that the card is well balanced. It is complicated enough for rare, and the drawback makes the cost just right.
Balance: 10/10

The card fits in the esper colors, and I like the name. Wish there was flavor text.
Flavor: 8/10

I really couldnt see this being printed outside of a commander box set, but I could definitely see it there.
Printability: 5/10

OVERALL: 34/50

sc4rs wrote:
Clash of the Titans
4RG
Sorcery - Mythic Rare
The creature with the highest power among creatures you control fights the creature with the highest power among creatures you don't control. If your creature survives, put three +1/+1 counters on it and return Clash of the Titans to your hand.

This is exaclty the kind of card R/G needs. Its extremely powerful, but requires you to control the creature with the most power.
Commander playability: 9/10

This is powerful possibly in standard, but DAMN this is a bomb in limited. Good Job!
Other Format Playability: 10/10

I'd maybe like to see this costed 1 more, but its just right at mythic.
Balance: 8/10

I like the name, really fits what the card does. R/G is perfect colors. Might have been room for a line of flavor.
Flavor: 9/10

I mistakenly thought that this wording was unconventional, but I was wrong. Probably would see print.
Printability: 8/10

OVERALL: 46/50

Stucco wrote:
Seal of Golgari......................GB
Enchantment..........................R

If a creature would enter the battlefield from a zone other than its owner's hand, it enters the battlefield under your control instead.

1GB,Exile a creature card from a graveyard: Draw a card.

Life. Death. These inevitabilities sustain the Rotfarms and give the Golgari their identity amongst the guilds.

This is an interesting card. It means nobody else will ever get to play their commander, which is unfun. I have a feeling this would be banned if it were printed. Aside from that, it's a very cool card that would see a lot of play against graveyard strategies, if it said or the command zone.
Commander playability: 5/10

In formats where reanimator is a thing, this could be a feasable sideboard option.
Other Format Playability: 7/10

In commander, this is way undercosted. In any other format, it's just right. I feel that rare is good.
Balance: 7/10

I love the flavor of this card. The name, flavor text, and colors are all perfect. Good job!
Flavor: 10/10

As I stated before, this would be like instabanned in commander, but could see print if there's ever a reanimation theme in standard again, which there will be.

OVERALL: 37/50

GreenBear wrote:
Yohai, the Bear Bringer GW - legendary bear mythic

When ~ comes into play you may search your library for a green or white creature card shuffle your library then put that creature card on top of your library.

G Return ~ to your hand.

2/2

'All the creatures of the forest follow Yohai, for they see his wisdom.'

Wow, what a powerhouse. It tutors with a body, and it repeats itself. Definitely would instantly be one of the best G/W commanders, and an auto include in any G/W deck.

This is definitly playable in pretty much every format. It's That good.

For this cost? Way too powerful. Would want to see it at 2GW at least.
Balance: 2/10

Flavor is perfect! Colors, name, and flavor all mesh together with what the card does. Great job!

Sadly, this card would never see print in it's current form. It's simply too powerful.
Printability: 1/10

OVERALL: 33/50

_Godica wrote:
Rush Recklessly 1R

Enchantment -- Rare

Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, untap it and it gains +1/+1 and haste until end of turn. At the beginning of the next end step, sacrifice it.

This card is AWESOME! I love the global effect, it's just the kind of thing Commander players love. It's not for every deck, but for the decks it works with it will work great with.

I could see decks being built around this in other formats, and it's pretty good in limited.
Other Format Playability: 8/10

I think the card is well balanced, the cost and rarity are just right.

The name is good, it's obviously the right color. Would a line of flavor text hurt?
Flavor: 7/10

I could see this being printed easily. It would be a fun card.
Printability: 10/10

OVERALL: 44/50

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Mol Ring - 1
Artifact (Rare)
Lost to time is the artificer's art of trapping black light from a near star in a ring of purest silver.

This is great! Simple, elegant, and powerful all at the same time. Would probably be in every single EDH deck.

This is hands down one of the best ramp spells that would be available, so I definitely see it seeing play.

This is a card I have expected to see for a while now. It's never been done, but I don't see why it couldnt be. The cost and rarity seem just right.

I like the reference to Sol Ring, and I love the flavor text. It's an artifact, like it should be.

I see no reason why this can't see print.

OVERALL: 50/50

ShamedShadow wrote:
Devoted Servant 3

Artifact Creature - Golem [Rare]

As Devoted Servant enters the battlefield, choose a color.

Devoted Servant's power and toughness are each equal to your devotion to the chosen color.

*/*

In commander, color depth obviously matters. I feel this would probably see play in every mono color deck, and quite a few two color decks as well
Commander playability: 8/10

In a format like current standard, this card shines. Also possibly good in limited.

I think this card is costed just right, and the rarity is good. Could have seen it at uncommon, honestly.

Artifact is interesting, but I think it's appropriate. I love the name. No flavor text, though.

I 100% believe this card could see print. It's not overpowered, and it's good with the current format.

OVERALL: 41/50

thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Vess the Blinded G
Legendary Creature - Human Druid R
Tap an untapped green creature you control: Untap target land.
Tap an untapped green legendary creature you control: Tap target land.
“Constant experience shows us that every man invested with power is apt to abuse it” Book XI, Montesquieu
1/2

Wow, what a powerhouse. Turns all your green dudes into mana dorks, and turns all your green legends into Rishidan Ports. Absolutely would be played in every green deck, and would probably become one of the go-to green generals overnight.

She would be played in every format, somewhere.

This is where you lose points. Way, way too powerful to be only costing G. He's a 1/2, first off, and she basically has haste, and two EXTREMELY powerful abilities, she should cost 1GG at the minimum.
Balance: 1/10

I love the name, I love that she's legendary, and I love the flavor text. Obviously green.

This, in it's current form, would never see print. It's simply too powerful.
Printability: 1/10

OVERALL: 32/50

AxiomBlurr wrote:

Wow, two EXTREMELY powerful cards in a row. Tutors for any white instant or sorcery, at instant speed, albeit with summoning sickness. It would see play in most decks with white instants or sorceries in them.

I could see this in white composed control to fetch wraths and sphinx's revelations and the like, so definitely playable elsewhere.

I think it's almost right. Little bit undercosted, if it was 2W you would get full points.

I had to look up Inveterate, which is actually points in your favor. This feels more like a blue ability to me, however. Could have fit a line of flavor text in there, I think.
Flavor: 6/10

If it was CMC 3 and blue, I think it would see print. Not in its current form, however.
Printability: 6/10

OVERALL: 40/50

Selkie wrote:
Shiney Unicorn (4)

Artifact creature - rare

(4), Sac ~: Search your library for up to 3 basic land cards, put them into play tapped, then shuffle your library.

3/3

Holy crazy ramp Batman! I think the only Commander decks that wouldnt play this are the ones that run less than three basics.

If Huge Ramp becomes a thing again in some format, this could see play.

If you're playing this, you probably play other ramp, so let's assume you get this out before turn 4. so ON turn 4, you activate it, and turn 5 you have 7+ mana open. Not bad, I think this is well balanced.

I don't really like the name, there's no flavor text. But being an artifact is just right.
Flavor: 4/10

I see no reason why this couldn't see print, but probably not anytime soon with its little brother being printed so recently.
Printability: 9/10

mana wrote:
Fate or Fallacy 3B
Sorcery - Rare
Starting with you, each player reveals his or her hand and separates it into two face up piles, then chooses an opponent. That opponent chooses a pile.

Each player discards the chosen pile.

What an evil card! Black decks love massacring hands, and in Commander this hits 2-3 other people and probably is really disruptive, since you can play it when you have a good split to make in your own hand. Great job!

Black multi-discard hasn't seen much play recently (other than HtT), but it could make a comeback if the right format shows up.

If this was costed 2BB, you'd get full points.

Name is awesome, color is obviously perfect, if only there was flavor text.

At 2BB, I think this would see print.

pantheismftw wrote:
Slaughterrunt, Bloodbather R

Legendary Creature - Goblin Berserker

When Slaugterrunt enters the battlefield, each opponent looses 2 times the amount of mana used to cast him.

Haste

If an opponent has less than 7 life, prevent all damage that would be dealt by slaughterrunt.

"This one will lead the greatest mobs ever seen.
If he can do this kind of damage before being even half-grown, simply imagine the carnage to come." ~Krenko

2/1

Wow, another powerhouse! Does more and more damage the more times you kill him, and stops when someone is critical. Very interesting, and I could definitely expect him to see play as a commander.

A very strong 2/1 with haste with no drawback at the beginning of the game that shocks when he comes into play? Yes please.

Ah, the pitfall of many a card in this challenge. He's simply too good for R. RR would have been pushing it, but I probably would have given it to you. Unfortunately, you didnt list a rarity, so I can't give you points there.
Balance: 4/10

I love the name, I love the flavor text, and it's obviously red.

As someone pointed out, red doesnt do "lose life" red does damage, so as it's worded it wouldnt see print. Also would need to cost at LEAST RR.
Printability: 2/10

OVERALL: 36/50

Domine wrote:
Forlorn Order - W

Enchanment

As Forlorn Order enters the battlefield, name a legendary card.
The named card can't be cast.

Uncommon.

This card is what many Commander players fear getting printed. It would almost certainly be banned in the format before it was even released, as it has the same problem as Karakas. If it somehow wasn't banned, it would be played in every white deck, especially in 1v1.

Unfortunately, this wouldn't see play in any other format. It doesn't stop the entry of legends by ways other than casting, and that's how most of them get there.
Other Format Playability: 1/10

For it's weakness, it's costed and rarity'd just right.

I like the name, and the color is right. If only there was flavor text.

This could see print as a junk uncommon in another set like Kamigawa with a "legends matter" theme.
Printability: 7/10

OVERALL: 35/50

pseudodespot wrote:
Temple of Tales

Land (rare)

T: Add 1 to your mana pool.

T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast legendary spells.

A place where "Have you heart of ....?" is futile to ask. The answer is always way more than yes. --- Huvissa, progenitor of fables.

Nice card. This wouldnt see play in every multicolor deck, but it would be in most.

Unfortunately, I can't see this being played outside Commander. Nobody casts many legends anywhere else.
Other Format Playability: 2/10

It's well balanced, but I could see it at uncommon.

Im not judging on English grammar skills, so I like the intent of the flavor text, and the name. It's a land and it should be.

I could definitly see this being printed at uncommon, again in a set where "legends matter".

OVERALL: 36/50

Steveman wrote:
Mecha-Squee, Goblin Nabob (Mythic Rare)
4R
Legendary Artifact Creature - Goblin
When Mecha-Squee enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 red Goblin artifact creature onto the battlefield.
If Mecha Squee were to leave the battlefield, exile it instead. At the beginning of the next upkeep, return Mecha-Squee to the battlefield under its owner's control."
3/3
"He always comes back with more."

What a cool card! Comes with a dude, and keeps coming back with a dude. Would definitely be a Commander, and probably in a lot of other decks with red.

He'd probably find a place in some deck, because if you play multiple copies you keep getting goblins EVERY upkeep, he becomes Verdant Force.

I think he is perfectly costed, and he is complex enough for Mythic.

I love the throwback to old Squee. Color is just right, and I love that he's an artifact too. Flavor is short and sweet, perfect for the card.

I see no reason that this card wouldn't see print.

OVERALL: 49/50

shadowist wrote:
Kalika, Witch Doctor 2BR

Legendary Creature - Troll Cleric (M)

When Kalika comes into play, transform Kalika.

4/4

//

Kalika, Medic Ascent
(B/R)
Planeswalker - Kalika

+1: Creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn

-2: Regenerate each creature you control. This lasts until the start of your next turn.

-7: Return each creature in all graveyards onto the battlefield. They have haste.

Interesting! A way to make a Planeswalker a commander. As it's worded, though, the third ability is kinda ridiculous, but it definitely fits the spirit of commander.

Outside of commander, I don't really see this seeing play, other than maybe in limited. The abilities are strong, but not usually what Red black is looking at.
Other Format Playability: 5/10

I think the card is well costed, and the number of loyalty counters on the abilities and etb seem right. Planeswalkers are always mythic, and a card that is a creature on the stack and a planeswalker on the battlefield is confusing enough, for sure.

I love the name of the Creature half, but not the PW half. PW dont have flavor text, but you could have put some on the creature side. Colors seem wrong with the second ability, but right for first and third.
Flavor: 5/10

Unfortunately, I don't ever think we'll see this being printed as is. If the wording was cleaned up, it has a chance, though.
Printability: 4/10

OVERALL: 32/50

Sibilla wrote:

What a fun card! Play two creatures, find a new creature, then just need to find one more to get another search. Very cool. Would definitey see lots of play.

This is absolutely a bomb in limited, and would be good in a R/G midrange deck.

The balance of the card is just right. The fact that it's legendary makes it perfect.

If you are referring to cards like Krosan Grip et al, Krosa is actually a region not a person. I like the flavor text, but I think the colors should be G/W instead, they are more the seach for creatures type...or Mono Green like 2GG.
Flavor: 8/10

If this were G/W or mono G I could definitely see it being printed.
Printability: 9/10

OVERALL: 47/50

That means our winners are:

1st: CMA-Flippi OVERALL: 50/50
2nd: Steveman OVERALL: 49/50
3rd: Sibilla OVERALL: 47/50

Congratulations, and thank you for the opportunity to judge my first Cac! If Flippi doesn't post a challenge in the next 48 hours, Steveman may. 24 hours after that, Sibilla may. Go next!

Last edited by aule on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on Leyline Phantasm, "survives" is now a Magic term. I think that like Obisidian Fireheart and "becomes monstrous", if a rule is clear on what it does when described in flavorful terms, it should be printable as-is.

Yes, rules defining "survives" in the context of fighting would have to be added for my card, but I think it's a little silly to slam its printability for it just because I didn't add reminder text on a mythic rare.
aule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a mistake, and have fixed it in the judging
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Judging...Hats off to you sir!!~~

Thank u!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG to judge and players
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:
BIRDYYY wrote:
CMA-Flippi wrote:
Mol Ring - 1
Artifact (Rare)

Flippi....I have thought of this exact card for about 4 years now... thats not fair =/
No drawback? Even Legendary?

It's for commander anyway. And it's just a crafted artifact. I think many Mol Rings exist on the world.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2